A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kimberlina81
I survived and got married
Topic Author

Re: Post wedding depression

Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Yeah, boredom is another problem - you have so much more free time!

We have put efforts towards our house (a QLD'er), as well as we're off to Japan for two months to study at a language school! 8O It's going to be amazing! Then next year we're off to Europe and we'll think of starting a family sometime after that....

Laura03
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 am

I really thought that I would get post wedding depression as the wedding was all that I thought about since we got engaged. I absolutely LOVED our wedding day, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I was so happy with the outcome of everything that I had absolutely no PWD.

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:21 am

Last edited by kachward on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:24 pm

You sound just like me right down to saying goodbye to hubby to work in rural QLD!

I was so depressed but Hubby promised that we could get remarried on our notable anniversaries.

And that has helped..And started my creative juices again! We can elope to Bali for our 10th with our kids..

But having to spend your newlywed year living in a different state really sucks! But I am getting used to it!

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Last edited by kachward on Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:19 pm

I was surprised when DH mentioned vow renewals..

your lucky thought that you can get to Mackay to see him! Mine is in Longreach which is day travel away and $800 so seeing him involves annual leave :cry:

But I am going up there in 3 weeks for the first time! I can't wait!

But the holiday sounds good!

And my wedding depression lifted about 2-3 months after so its something that does subside..

j_foster86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:48 am

Last edited by j_foster86 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

r&j_9
Formerly known as rachelandjames

Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:57 am

:e_hug: 's J maybe you can find something else to keep youself busy or to look forward to :)

kimberlina81
Topic Author

Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:06 pm

Hi girls,

I started this thread and I am glad that I did, because looks like others were/are in the same boat!

Mine slowly went away as we started getting busy again with other things - we travelled to Japan for two months and it has by far been one of the best experiences of my life, it was just too short!!

I haven't thought about my wedding in ages to be honest...the only reason I frequent WC these days is for decorating ideas mostly! My 30th is coming up soon, so I need some glam ideas for a dinner party!

It DOES get better, but I did feel very bummed and odd for a while. A feeling that you just want to shake because you feel silly - it was the happiest day of your life, right?.... which is true, nothing did go wrong, my wedding was perfect.. but over. Mourn that loss in private and take comfort in that others have felt it too, it isn't silly, and most importantly, it will pass. :heart:

bubs84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Laura03 wrote:
I really thought that I would get post wedding depression as the wedding was all that I thought about since we got engaged. I absolutely LOVED our wedding day, I couldn't have asked for anything more. I was so happy with the outcome of everything that I had absolutely no PWD.

i'm the same.... i completely expected some sort of depression afterwards as i knew i'd have a whole lot more free time, but FH and I are loving that we have so much more free time, and i've now been able to focus on going back to studying this year, and discussing when we think is right to start a family.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:26 pm

bubs84 wrote:
Laura03 wrote:

i'm the same.... i completely expected some sort of depression afterwards as i knew i'd have a whole lot more free time, but FH and I are loving that we have so much more free time, and i've now been able to focus on going back to studying this year, and discussing when we think is right to start a family.

x 3!!! I am loving life post wedding :D

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 pm

We have only been married 2 weeks but I seriously thought I would have PWD.

We are both loving married life and all our free time :) :heart:

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:22 am

PWD isn't about being unhappy about your wedding or marriage, just like PND isn't about hating your child or hating being a mother.

I love being married and I love my hubby. But there was a part of me that just felt lost with no direction. There are a lot of women who suffer from it, just like there are tons of women who suffer from post-natal depression as well. I hope all the ladies that are suffering are strong enough to speak about it (PWD or PND) and not bottle it up. Don't let people convince you it's because you hate being married or hate being a mother. :heart:

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:53 pm

kachward wrote:
PWD isn't about being unhappy about your wedding or marriage, just like PND isn't about hating your child or hating being a mother.

I love being married and I love my hubby. But there was a part of me that just felt lost with no direction. There are a lot of women who suffer from it, just like there are tons of women who suffer from post-natal depression as well. I hope all the ladies that are suffering are strong enough to speak about it (PWD or PND) and not bottle it up. Don't let people convince you it's because you hate being married or hate being a mother. :heart:

I totally agree kachward. I felt a bit 'empty', 'lost', 'sad', after my wedding. I loved being married but just felt like I didn't know what was next, we already had 3 beautiful, happy, healthy children. So it just seemed that we had all this fuss & than all of a sudden it was over. Took me about 6 months to snap out of it and now I'm now happily working on other projects in my/our life. :D

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

I am so happy after just being married on Saturday but ever since I have had a slight 'empty' feeling. I wouldn't go so far as to call it depression but I did get teary on Sunday and Monday after the wedding and felt a little flat on Sunday! I go through stages where I feel fine for half the day then something will remind of the day and it will hit me that it's over and I feel like bawling. And it's always the smallest things that make you upset like I used the hand cream yesterday that I wore on the wedding day and the smell just took me back to the day and I started crying... so stupid, but the feelings are real and it's totally normal I think.
I just feel sad for those magical moments that I know I will never experience again! For me, the biggest one was those moments before I walked into the ceremony just spend with dad and I could see he had a tear in his eye.. the most special moments of my life and they are gone! but then I have to remember there are so many more to come and this feeling will pass!!

I am trying to fill my days with other things like making my own photobook with all the non pro's and focusing on my next project (I wish I could say that was TTC now, but we have to wait a little while), as I need to be planning something otherwise I feel lost.

But to answer, yes I have been feeling a little low now that it's all over....!!! :( Hope it passes soon!!!

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 am

mrslittle wrote:
kachward wrote:

I totally agree kachward. I felt a bit 'empty', 'lost', 'sad', after my wedding. I loved being married but just felt like I didn't know what was next, we already had 3 beautiful, happy, healthy children. So it just seemed that we had all this fuss & than all of a sudden it was over. Took me about 6 months to snap out of it and now I'm now happily working on other projects in my/our life. :D

I'm glad you have finally overcome the feeling Mrslittle. I must admit that I have managed to snap out of it after only 2 months (felt like an eternity!)but I think it was only because DH is working away at the moment and I had to pull myself together :lol: I found doing a TTD shoot helped & working on photo books, TY cards & scrapbooking photos from the day. I've watched the video a dozen times and cry every time but at least I'm feeling something now rather then just lost! You're right about projects helping that is for sure.

Abbey_Lou wrote:
I am so happy after just being married on Saturday but ever since I have had a slight 'empty' feeling. I wouldn't go so far as to call it depression but I did get teary on Sunday and Monday after the wedding and felt a little flat on Sunday! I go through stages where I feel fine for half the day then something will remind of the day and it will hit me that it's over and I feel like bawling. And it's always the smallest things that make you upset like I used the hand cream yesterday that I wore on the wedding day and the smell just took me back to the day and I started crying... so stupid, but the feelings are real and it's totally normal I think.
I just feel sad for those magical moments that I know I will never experience again! For me, the biggest one was those moments before I walked into the ceremony just spend with dad and I could see he had a tear in his eye.. the most special moments of my life and they are gone! but then I have to remember there are so many more to come and this feeling will pass!!

I am trying to fill my days with other things like making my own photobook with all the non pro's and focusing on my next project (I wish I could say that was TTC now, but we have to wait a little while), as I need to be planning something otherwise I feel lost.

But to answer, yes I have been feeling a little low now that it's all over....!!! :( Hope it passes soon!!!

Congrats Abbey! I hope you had a fabulous day. And I hope your feelings pass soon too. I do believe projects really help, as mrslittle said so through yourself into the photobook. Hopefully that will slowly help you get back to feeling ok again. :heart:

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:32 pm

I don't have PWD, but I am a little sad it's over. We had such a great day and night and it's sad that it's over so quickly.

I'm just bored now with nothing to plan :lol:

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm having it big time.. I think it's because after doing 12 months of DH flying in and out for work every other week I suddenly had him home 2 solid months which was AMAZING! :) Now he has had to fly back to work again and I'm all alone.. Loved the wedding and LOVING being married but not having my man around is killing me.. :(

YUKI

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Ladies!
Well our big day has come and gone and i thought i'd be so happy and relieved once it was over, but to be honest, there are a couple of things that didn't go the way i thought they would and i'm struggling to put those things behind me. I feel ungrateful because we had so many great aspects to the day, but i seem to be focusing on the negatives.
The biggest part of it is that dh didnt see me walk down the isle because of where the priest asked him to stand. Its just that moment that i cant get back :(
I do realise im blessed to even be married and to have had the day we had but perhaps this is just pwd..
I guess it can happen to anyone. I didn't think i cared about the little stuff but apparently i do...
I'll be on the lookout for a new project now :)
Yuki

jane-bride to be

Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:23 pm

SmallNads wrote:
I don't have PWD, but I am a little sad it's over. We had such a great day and night and it's sad that it's over so quickly.

I'm just bored now with nothing to plan :lol:

Same here. So much planning, organising and dreaming- then it's all over in one day. Am looking forward to the future as a married couple and will have to find a new project to keep myself busy with to fill the extra time I now have! :wink:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11