A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Porcelain
Loved Up
Loved Up
Topic Author

When you look back on your wedding day...

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:49 am

What do you generally remember and think of? And I mean, the first thoughts and feelings that pop into your head.
For me I think of:

The beautiful sunny Spring day we had.
The sea breezes that were blowing around near our ceremony location, and the fresh air.
I remember feeling 'special' seeing all our closest family and friends there just for us.
The morning preparation and lead up to the ceremony -all the nerves and excitement
Our reception on the harbour - the atmosphere, food, and beautiful speeches.
Leaving for our honeymoon in sunny QLD, and the super warm weather.... living in bikini's, shorts and skirts. Along with a happy, content feeling.

Being Spring now, it's weird that I'm remembering all the exact same vibes and emotions felt on our day a year ago... even things like the sea breezes and general vibe of the day :D :heart:

chelle7
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Re: When you look back on your wedding day...

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:15 pm

My first thoughts ...

Excitment and nerves.
Having so much fun getting ready with my BM's (running 5 min late because we were dancing to Britney Spears! Lol!)
Not talking to my guests enough! (Too busy dancing at the reception!) :-(
Being amazed by the venue co-ordinator's job decorating the place.
Everything going to plan- a perfect day!

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm glad someone answered this I was really looking forward to the responses. Yay to Porcleain for starting it :mrgreen:

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:16 pm

I remember:

- telling myself how surreal the day feels and to savor every moment, waking up and saying that today is the day you get married is VERY surreal yet amazing
- feeling like a movie star because EVERYONE watches your every move
- truely feeling so incredibly happy and when I think of my wedding day I smile instinctively
- how PERFECT the weather turned out. the universe aligned and the crappy weather that had been lingering all week disappeared.
- the lamb chops for the entree and the dessert which was some sticky date pudding thing was A M A Z I N G
- standing in the lobby of the hotel that night and some drunk girl ask if I'd just got married. I said no and it spun her out.
- the fantastic speeches that everyone gave. truely heartfelt words yet the speeches were SO funny. I was nervous about my dad because he has a tendency to embarrass me yet his speech was perfect.
- that the night ended too early. I wish I could do it all again!

libertinewoman
Mistress of Cake
Mistress of Cake

Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:07 am

I remember (in sort of order)

-Having a horrible nights sleep being very angry and upset
-Waking up to a hug from my sister
-Watching the rain roll over the hills and crying inside
-Being so nervous and stressed out I could barely talk
-Almost crying in the car on the way to the venue while it poured down
-Seeing my mother in law standing there as th car pulled up (we'd argued about whether it was the done thing to watch the bride get out of the car or wait in the hall- She just needed to go to the toilet and just happened to be there lol)
-Having the rain stop just as we arrived
-More nerves!
-Seeing my husband there and having everything melt away, every stress, every worry, every care, just melt...
-Trying so hard not to cry as I ad-libbed (oops i forgot to write them) my vows and trying not to cry as he ad-libbed his lol
-The words "this here, right now, this is it, my life starts now" (him)
-Having him wipe a single tear off my cheek
-The kiss that went on forever :heart:
-The love in the room, how happy I was, how happy everyone was.
-The food!
-My little niece sleeping all thru dinner and waking up when the dancing started and she danced the night away with complete strangers and by herself!
-And again... The love. So much love. From everyone, from my husband, my friends, my family, it radiated through everyone, not one person was unhappy, no dramas... Just love :heart:

Thankyou for starting this thread, I copped a bit of PWD due to some factors and this has helped me remember the most important things on the day. I am very fortunate to have most of these good memories captured in photos, I look at them and smile right down to my heart :)

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:40 pm

nothing felt real- it all felt like a dream
i wish i hadve talked to guests more, and as each guest came to tell me goodbye, i kept feeling guilty for not making it to their table sooner etc.
Annoyed at the people i had around me on the day- the best mans family were with us the whole day, got in the way, his sister was a spoilt brat and shes in so many pictures so when i look at them i feel angry :( dont get me wrong, i know they were there because they love us and wanted to help, but i really just wanted to be with my BMS and my mum but they couldnt take a hint- I should have been more assertive about it...
silly- for not checking that the cd player would play the music, and for not having someone check to make sure the boys were dressed properly
Glad- i didnt eat or drink very much all day long so was glad i didnt have to go to the toilet in my dress...
tired- had a bad weeks sleep so by the time the ceremony ended and we were getting pics done, I was exhausted, emotional and not a nice person to be around for about half an hour (then i got some rest in the limo and was fine)

emfive
In ♥ with Miss Lily
In ♥ with Miss Lily

Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 pm

As soon as I start thinking about our wedding day I get butterflies.

The things I remember:

Sunshine and a nice light breeze.
Having the best time with my girls getting ready. It really was a treat to have my closest friends all together.
Grinning ear to ear and laughing the whole day.
Walking out of the church feeling like we were going to burst with happiness.
Capturing glances with my DH and thinking WOW! I have the most wonderful HUSBAND.
Having everyone we love and care about in the same place was amazing.
Sitting in the hotel room afterwards on a huge high. We couldn't stop talking and reliving the day.
How relaxing and amazing our honeymoon was. SO content, SO relaxed and SO in love :heart: :heart:
Oh and the smells... My honeymoon perfume in particular. I wore it everyday and it takes me back to the Cook Islands and all of those wonderful feelings.

ulya
Sunshine
Sunshine

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Even though it's been months and months since our wedding day has past, there are some memories which never fade...

- Waking up full of excitement and having a summery breakfast at 5 in the morning.. none of us got a wink of sleep! The other girls are so right, it is an incredible but surreal feeling when you realise that you're getting married that day!
- Getting everything ready for the "buying of the bride" and getting more and more nervous and excited as the time for the boys to arrive drew near.
- Hearing everyone laughing all through the "buying", it was great to know they were all having a great time.
- Seeing DH for the first time and the amazing moment when his blindfold was lifted and we stared at each other.. the room was bursting full of people but we were only aware of each other.
- Driving to church with just mum.. so special.
- The amazing ceremony, and that gorgeous feeling of complete, unrestrained love as the church filled with all of our closest family and friends.
- Becoming HUSBAND AND WIFE!!
- Being so wrapped up in being with my husband that I barely noticed anything else.
- Smiling and laughing through the entire day.. we all had such a blast.
- The location photos being so much fun!
- The RECEPTION. Everything was perfect. It was truly a celebration of our love and union.
- The day being absolutely perfect - there is not one thing I would change.

I could go on and on.. there are so many precious memories and feeling I remember so clearly. But I think I'll stop there :lol: :heart:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm

I love this thread :heart:

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...
To infinity and beyond...

Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Dandelion wrote:
I love this thread :heart:

I was going to say exactly the same thing :heart:

Porcelain
Loved Up
Loved Up
Topic Author

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Oh good, i thought it was rather crappy and silly after i made the thread :lol: Ahhhh I wish I could relive the day over again, and the weeks that followed it. But oh well, that's why we have photos and memories. :mrgreen: :heart:

Palm Cove Bride
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:25 am

Maybe because im still making our wedding scrapbook and because i have a really vivid memory when i think back to our wedding day every moment comes flooding back to me. In general though its probably the beautiful weather, close family and friends and the overwhelming joy i felt on the day. The little things from the day stick out the most like almost being blown away on the beach getting photos, me being so impatient waiting in the back of the limo when i arrived at the ceremony when all i wanted to do was jump out of the car and run down to my man (i did end up almost running down the aisle) and a million other little moments throughout the day (all positive things).

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 pm

The first things i think of when revisiting our day is:
The walk from the hotel room down to the reception area of the hotel to get into the car. Felt so good and happy and enjoyed having every one look at us as we passed them.
Standing in front of the church with the girls lined up infront and my dad latching on to my arm with a huge smile on his face. Suprisinly i didn't feel nervous at all at this stage.
Just after we signed the marriage certificate and the photographer called our parents up, seeing my FIL crying and giving me the biggest hug.
taking time out at one of the photo locations talking to the bridal party while the photographer took candid shots and our limo driver brought us all munchies.
Having such a perfectly sunny day
The feeling after we ran through our farewell and jumped in the car to head back to the hotel.

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:41 pm

The look on DH's face when he first laid eyes on me.... everytime I'm angry at him I pitcure this :lol:

The excitement of our kids, espically our little boy who is the eldest, he couldn't wait to get dressed and carry the rings :heart: :heart:

Waking up and thinking "uhhhh today is the day I marry my soul mate" than taking my two little dogs for a walk along the beach, it was the most perfect beautiful day :heart:

Our vows.... DH got very emotional and I was really shocked as he isn't the emotional type ( I am and I didn't even cry :mrgreen: though it came very close several times :lol: )

miss_donz
♥ Mrs B ♥
♥ Mrs B ♥

Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:01 pm

aww how i could do the day all over again

i remember being so calm and relaxed
eatting hot cross buns and potato chips and drinking pepsi ( i was so hungry and everyone kept telling me i wouldnt be able to eat a thing )
then we have frozen pizzas for lunch

- the photographer ringing me while im getting my hair done telling me he forgot the mem cards and could he buy some in the town we were in ( UM NO ) but i was still calm, and asking if i know where ht boys here ( he was surpose to be with them an hour ago??? )

- almost started crying when i saw my mum and dad getting to to the house all dresses ( no one knows that lol )
- felt like forever as i was sitting in the car waiting to get out while the photographer was taking pics of me in the car
- hearing one of my freinds say "shes got yellow shoes on" as i walked past her down the isle
- standing with DH at the alter and i was wobbling my knee ( i never stand still ) but no one could tell with the dress
- aaron told me i was shaking!
- i dont really remember saying my vows lol
- best man told me we couldnt use the ring box as it didnt fit in his pocket when he handed the ring to our celebrant lol
- having the biggest smile on my face the whole time
- MIL saying "hello i finally have a daughter"
- having HEAPS of flies appear it was discusting they were everywhere.
- saying to DH all day "we got married"
- not being able to eat food or drink anything as i couldnt fit it in
- i got the dj to play" today was a fairytale" as i was getting all my stuff together to leave! ( i love that song and it makes me think of the whole day again)

i remember everything about the day but these i guess are the key points i chat about lol ahh i could go on! lol
-

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:52 am

Last edited by mllelozza on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RinTinTin
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:03 pm

So many things :heart: The week leading up to our wedding was very stressful but they day (regardless of the fews things that went wrong) was AMAZING!!!
Being woken up by my MOH poking me with a giant grin on her face.
Feeling so special at the hairdressers as we were the only people there and I was the centre of attention.
My bridesmaids were amazing, they did so much on the day - finished my giving tree - made me laugh - and just generally feel special (this was a big deal as I had major issues with them the week leading up and was really depressed about it).
All three of my brothers were amazing...they were all running around helping.
My MOH sister doing our make-up. I love her dearly she's like my big sister too. She made the day so much fun and brought us the greatest bottle of raspberry verdi, it still makes me think of my wedding day. And she gave me the lippy so I would always have it :heart:
Climbing into the car with my Dad and the look of joy, nerves and sadness on his face. And the car ride that followed, it was so amazing having my Dad drive me to the church.
My Dad helping me out of the car at the church.
My big brother offering to hold my train for me.
The look on DH face as he waited for me at the altar.
The look on DH face when the minister mentioned sex for the first time 8O Seriously we hadn't heard our ministers 'address' and it was ALL about sex lol
The look on DH face when I poked my tongue out at him during the ceremony lol
Driving away from the ceremony as a married couple.
The fun I had with DH at the photos.
My Pa (who has Motor Neurons Disease and is very sick) saying Grace - that was a surprise and will stay with DH and I forever.
The amazing cesear salad that I had as my entree YUM!!
Dad's speech.
Everyone cheering when DH called me his wife for the first time in his speech.
Our first dance.
DH dancing and singing along to a Hanson song at the top of our voices all alone on the dance floor.
The love in the room from so many people.
It really was the most amazing day of my life so far :heart:

Souths Princess
I married my Souths Prince
I married my Souths Prince

Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:28 pm

It's been almost 3½ years since I got married, but the one thing that stands out the most for me was the happiness that I felt throughout the whole day. I just felt that nothing could bring me down.

A few special memories....

I remember waking to a beautiful sunny day with a clear blue sky (I had convinced myself it was going to rain and it had been raining for two days prior to my wedding day).

Getting hair and make up done is a bit of a blur, but I remember feeling calm and totally relaxed throughout it all. Then I put my dress on and I started getting a few butterflies. They went away pretty quickly, but came back when the photographer started taking photos!!!

I remember almost crying as I walked down the aisle, but taking a huge breath and putting on a huge smile and walking towards my gorgeous man.

I remember our beautiful ceremony and then getting everyone lined up for a group photo and DH leaning over to me and whispering in my ear, "You look absolutely beautiful." He doesn't usually throw out compliments like that so it was wonderful to hear him say that.

Then I remember dancing the night away and everyone having a laugh when we did the garter throw and people saw that I was wearing my Rabbitohs socks!!!

I also remember thinking how quickly it had all gone when we were on our way to the hotel.

It was such an amazing and joyful day. Up to that point in was the best day of my life.

Now there are two 'best days of my life". The second happened when my son arrived in our lives. :)

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:34 pm

The biggest thing for me is when DH told me how gorgeous I looked. After all the crappy issues I went through, splits from family members etc it was all worthwhile just to have him say this :heart: (oh and of course having him tell everyone he wanted to rip my pants off in the speeches!) :oops: :lol:

Bec*
Formally known as BridetoBe*77*

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

I remember the best day of my life. I remember:
- waking up at 5:30am and being super excited and couldn't get back to sleep (alarm was due to go off at 7)
- having a beautiful and relaxed morning with my bridal party getting ready slowly
- the weather magically clearing up on the day, it was meant to pour but it was a gorgeous day, I felt as I was being looked after from someone above
- walking down the aisle and seeing my husband all teary eyed
- then the reception, dancing, talking, drinking with friends and family
- dancing with DH in front of everyone
- going to bed that night as a married woman.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25