A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Re: What was your 'next project'?

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Have lots on my mind to distract me from any post wedding blues:
-fixing up our house: setting up our courtyard, finding & buying furniture, more kitchen cabinets
-thinking about getting a dog early next year :D
-wedding & honeymoon scrapbook like a lot of the other girls
-want to do a side project/business apart from work (no idea what!)
-new car
-want to do a huge o/s trip in 2012
-thinking about our next house
-TTC sometime after that probably!

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:43 pm

We'll be looking to buy a house immediately after our wedding. :D

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Once we get the pro photos, I want to get the thank you cards done. Pro album and my own scrapbook album. Continue renovating house, new carpet, paint etc. Save to do big O/S holiday in 2012 and then start for babies in 2013.
Enough to keep my occupied! Plus just enjoy being married! :D

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm

A baby :lol: :lol:

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:03 am

I also wondered what I would do once the wedding was over. It all flew by so fast! So I'm waiting on the pro-pics so i can do the thank you cards. Plus I need to order the personalised coasters for thank you gifts for all the girls who attended my hens (slightly overdue!). I'm also going to do a scrapbook with all the wedding memento's. And I've just started a movie for my prother using all the photo's from their 7 week holiday over here from the UK. They flew back on the weekend so I can now work on it without people peering over my shoulder.

DH is moving to Mackay in early Feb though so I'm struggling a bit with the wedding being over (boredom), my family going back to the UK (missing them) and my wonderful hubby leaving me for 3 months! It's all a bit much to bear at the moment. :(

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm trying to organise a late honeymoon, but I got a little upset today that DH doesn't have/can't get annual leave at a time that would suit us to go. I haven't given up though and we're trying to figure out a time we can go. Ideally we would like a minimum of 10 nights away, but at this stage it doesn't seem possible.

Also, we plan on building on our block. As it will be a custom built home we have to save at least 10k before we can start the process as we will have to pay for the plans etc upfront. As we are having to save, I don't have any spare money to find myself a side project :( But I'm trying to think of the positives - with a new home I can get new furniture and have fun with decorating :D

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:35 pm

A baby and house fixing up :)

Fell pregnant on wedding night or so, which was fantastic.
Have since painted the house and we are fixing up the nursery and other rooms.
Working on the garden.

And shopping for a young pony to bring on :)

Mrs JJ 2 Be
J + R = ♥
J + R = ♥

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Planning our trip to the USA for this December.

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:50 am

hmm, I still feel a bit lost without something to plan...
so I'm going to start planning our belated honeymoon. (wedding was last august :lol: )
but also, I'm tuning into my crafty side. I've started to make button bouquets. think they look so funky, that I might be able to make some business out of it. fingers crossed.

bronzestar
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm

carly87 wrote:
hmm, I still feel a bit lost without something to plan...
so I'm going to start planning our belated honeymoon. (wedding was last august :lol: )
but also, I'm tuning into my crafty side. I've started to make button bouquets. think they look so funky, that I might be able to make some business out of it. fingers crossed.

Button bouquets would be a very good business! I think my Mum is thinking about making more to sell also, she said they are fun to make.

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:33 pm

We have done most things (besides the baby - not ready for that yet), so for me, it is planning my DH's 30th birthday party!! Been saving for the last year for it!

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:08 pm

kristal wrote:
We have done most things (besides the baby - not ready for that yet), so for me, it is planning my DH's 30th birthday party!! Been saving for the last year for it!

that sounds like quite a birthday bash! what are you planning?

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:43 pm

Nothing too exciting I am afraid. Just a party at home in the backyard for about 60 adults and 10 kids. But I wanted to provide everything - grog, food, you name it. So we can't afford to just dish out over $1K in the one hit, so I have been saving here and there for over a year now so it doesn't seem so overwhelming financially.

I just wait for grog specials and stock up and buy a few things in each weekly grocery shop. I don't think he realises exactly how much effort I am putting in but hopefully on the day he will have the best time and it will all be worth it!

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 pm

That sounds like a great party. I'm sure your dh will appreciate it.

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Belated honeymoon and hopefully moving into our own place at the end of this year or start of next year :D

NicAnswer

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:41 pm

I started a button bouquet business 18 months ago and thats keeping me busy combined with work. But now my wedding is over i have the following side projects

Christmas in July lunch - 30th July. We have done it with our friends every year for the last 4 years and its always a laugh. We have a kris kringle with a twist and cook up some various bits. Its really an excuse for a catchup mid year.

I have my 30th in September so i am planning a pirate party *yay*

Then we are ripping up our carpets at some point and laying floor boards. I would lvoe to have it done before Christmas in July but i think it will be a September/October project

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:23 pm

I dunno if I replied in this thread or not and I'm too lazy to check, but mine will be finishing off study

NicAnswer

Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:32 pm

What are you studying Steph?

Bec*
Formally known as BridetoBe*77*

Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Post wedding project was studying, and once that is finished it will be babies hopefully!

I really felt like i needed to plan a party for someone or something after the wedding was over. I'm only too willing to help friends and family organise things these days!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 am

Bumping this one up to see if anyone has any interesting post wedding projects in the pipeline.

For me, I will continue with my studies, renovate the bathroom.....and having a bambino some time soon would be the icing on the cake!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.47