A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Re: How long did it take you to send thankyous?

Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:39 am

Not sure what you were planning for thank yous but perhaps, if you were getting anything printed, you could get them organised before you leave....so they are waiting for you to just finalise once you get back. Most people will know you're going on a month-long honeymoon so I can't imagine they would be worried if they came a little late. Maybe you could include a little note about how great your honeymoon was!!! 2 months should still be okay (thought I wouldn't want to wait any later than that).

I am going to get mine printed through Snapfish with a printed message but with room to also add their name and a personal comment to each guest.

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 pm

My wedding was in May this year and I haven't sent out all of our thank you cards!! How horrible is that??

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Not as horrible as me! I don't even want to send any out. As shallow as it is, I was so disappointed with our "gifts". Not so much the wishing well side of things (although if I'm to be completely honest, that made me cranky. $20 as a wedding present for a family member when you're definitely not short of money seems a bit strange). But so many people didn't even give us a card!! And these were friends and family members who are either currently planning their wedding or are recently married, or people we considered very close. I know our MC didn't announce where the wishing well was located, but still. I'm quite hurt by it, to be honest.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 pm

chellebelle wrote:
Not as horrible as me! I don't even want to send any out. As shallow as it is, I was so disappointed with our "gifts". Not so much the wishing well side of things (although if I'm to be completely honest, that made me cranky. $20 as a wedding present for a family member when you're definitely not short of money seems a bit strange). But so many people didn't even give us a card!! And these were friends and family members who are either currently planning their wedding or are recently married, or people we considered very close. I know our MC didn't announce where the wishing well was located, but still. I'm quite hurt by it, to be honest.

I would be too Chelle, $20 is a bit rough. If I was stone broke I would try and find more for someones wedding.

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah I'm the same. And the other people, what's their excuse? Go to a bloody $2 shop, buy a cheap card and write a nice note in it. At least it would have been a nice gesture.

bubs84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:03 pm

We have about 80% of ours out at 3 1/2 weeks, we're just chasing up a few address changes and running out of postage stamps and we should have the rest out by the 4-5 week mark. I can't handle things not being done so i wanted them sent out asap.

nomesy
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:00 pm

I know how you feel chelle....
I havent given all ours our yet, some i havent even written on. We havent even got wedding presents from some of our family and friends, we know they have them as its off our registry, but there a few of my dh's friends who havent given us anything at all, and not sure if they had got us anything....
we even got money from some family $40 for a couple/family. We actually got more money/present from family/my boss who actually didnt even attend our wedding.
As my boss was saying the other day to me, you should give what they spend on you for the reception etc. or a bit more, and then to add to that he says other wise there tight @rses lol

amanda8000
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 am

It took us 3 months, by the time we got the edited photos, i worked out the design and wrote on all of them

Bec*
Formally known as BridetoBe*77*

Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:26 pm

We sent ours in about 6 weeks. I didn't want to let it go much longer, otherwise I was worried I would just never bother doing them.

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Ours were all sent within 2 weeks (I wanted them sent before we left on our honeymoon). I made DH help by putting stamps on the envelopes - last time he sent a card from us to his mother he forgot to put my name on it!!!

sharmy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 am

Good post i have been trying to get mine done and not all finished i have hand written most of them out but still will be another 2 weeks from finishing i work away sometimes so it makes it hard to get a weekend or day or night to do them

Butterfly_Dreaming
A Farmers Wife
A Farmers Wife

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Ours took nearly 5 months to get out and that was much longer then I originally planned. We got married on 10th October which happened to fall right in the middle of our hay bailing season which rolled literally straight over to harvest. It was one of the longest harvests on record for us due to all the wet weather and flooding we had so we didn't finish up till early Feb - the week before our honeymoon!

I hand wrote all ours on personalized stationery that matched our wedding stationery (thank you Vistaprint) though all our guests knew that it was a very busy time on the farm so I think most understood the delay. I also included a few photos in each letter - a few special ones of us, one of the bridal party in the hay stack and individual photos with our guests.

As nice as it is to get them out quick, it's not always possible.

lemonsunrise

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:34 pm

I just sent mine 3 days ago, so just over 2 months, it's been a bit hectic over Christmas! I hand wrote them all, there were around 50 in total and I managed to do it over 2 nights!

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:24 pm

I sent them out two days before our 6th month anniversary and people received them on or just after our 6 months.

They took ages but I was so busy with work and family stuff, I kept not doing them. I handwrote each one and printed one or two photos for each one.

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:01 am

We sent ours out about 10 weeks after our wedding.... However during that ten weeks we had to leave our jobs in Australia, packed up our house and moved to Europe and had to find a new house in Ireland so we had a lot on our plate as newlyweds.
I had cards made on etsy with our photo on the front and we wrote a letter inside to each guest with one of their photos, so I'm happy that we didn't rush it.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.56