A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

emylou55
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

How many professional photos have you had enlarged?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi Girls

Just wondering how many of your wedding day photos you have displayed in your house?
In our photographers package, we have a 30 x 20 montage and 2 single 20 x 16 enlargements plus the group shot in the signing frame.

Thinking of getting some more done but im really bad at deciding how to match, what wall it would look best on, frame colours - its all so difficult!!!!! We dont have many photos in our house as we are both so bad at coordinating - what we do have has all different coloured frames :?

So how did you chickies decide where and how to display your enlargements?

Emy :heart:

emfive
In ♥ with Miss Lily
In ♥ with Miss Lily

Re: How many professional photos have you had enlarged?

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:48 pm

We actually didn't get any enlargements and instead got 2 large canvas prints. We so have 4 photos printed in a standard size (5x7 I think??) in white frames in our bedroom.

emylou55
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Oh i love the canvas prints!!! Thats what i should have done except the prints were included in our package - then i wouldnt have to worry about matching frames :D

emylou55
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:14 am

Another question - do you think gold frames look dated? I just want a classic frame colour that will match our furniture (currently all chocolate) even if we buy new furniture.

auntyhayhay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 am

We got 3 large canvas prints

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:09 pm

emylou55 wrote:
Another question - do you think gold frames look dated? I just want a classic frame colour that will match our furniture (currently all chocolate) even if we buy new furniture.

I think it depends on the frame but when you say gold, I imagine typical cheap gold so yes. but some gold thin frames are quite nice.

I dont have any enlargements. I have 4 photos in the living room (6 x 4 size) in 2 frames and an 8 x 10 in the bedroom. thinking of a canvas print, just haven't gotten around to it yet

emylou55
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:12 pm

I think i mean like a light gold frame?? I have no idea :roll:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:15 pm

You can get some nice gold frames, we saw some at one of the higher quality photo stores.

We won't be getting canvas prints, as they tend to be too modern for our house and they aren't really my cup of tea. We have all our current photos in solid good quality timber frames, the same tone as our furniture. We will be doing the same with our wedding photos.

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 pm

emylou55 wrote:
I think i mean like a light gold frame?? I have no idea :roll:

I was in Myer the other day and they have some nice light gold frames, also Target might have some. I'm sure you'll know the frames when you see them

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:18 pm

We got two super large ones - one for our bedroom, one for our family room. I won't be getting anymore enlarged just a few framed ones here and there :D

emylou55
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Ris - what was the dimensions of the one above your bed?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 pm

emylou55 wrote:
Ris - what was the dimensions of the one above your bed?

Hey Em...they are both 30"x40"

laurenvs
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 pm

None yet...but we're currently in the process of picking our favourite photos but printing them in black and white, then popping them in all different size and shape black frames to hang about our bed as a feature I guess you could say?

I think there is a special on http://www.spreets.com.au at the moment for cheap canvas' if anyone was interested :)

ravensbride2010
Hiking Wife
Hiking Wife

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Yesterday I finally ordered three long rectangular canvases for our dining room in black and white that will hang in a row and hopefully will look really nice! We also have a couple of regular 4x6 frames - one in the bedroom and one in the living room.

MattPalmer

Wed May 01, 2013 3:22 pm

When I do this I usually take an inventory of what walls in the house could use a little sprucing up and what kind of space is available, then determine what content I might want in those areas.

If you are doing a series of photos it helps for them to have a similar colour scheme if they are positioned together as it helps to visually tie them together. I often do black and white series for this purpose. You could be particularly clever and have one key photo in colour in a line of black and white shots to draw attention to it, it's really up to you.

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Wed May 01, 2013 5:18 pm

We have 5 enlargements around the place, plus about 3 small prints (8x10). I found it hard to find 5 places to hang big pictures without my loungeroom tunring into a shrine to my wedding. I don't ahve good wall hanging space in my house.

My frames are all wooden. I personally hate gold. i'd go with silver myself if you wanted metallic.

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu May 02, 2013 6:34 am

Although I loved our wedding day, we just went for 1 enlargement on a wall, and 2 smaller photo frames on a bookshelf. Having any more large photos in the house felt like a shrine to our wedding, as Kate said. Probably depends on the size of the house too - we have a small apartment so we didn't want too many.

EnglishCountryRose
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 07, 2013 7:40 pm

*Riss* wrote:
We got two super large ones - one for our bedroom, one for our family room. I won't be getting anymore enlarged just a few framed ones here and there :D

We did that too :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.02