A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

cj2011
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Name change kits???

Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Can anyone recommend a name change kit? I would much prefer that (depending on cost) than doing it all individually. Can anyone recommend one?
Thanks

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Re: Name change kits???

Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:30 pm

They're a waste of money.

You need to do it at each indivual place anyway - the kits just give you some forms and template letters. And lists of likely places tyou'll need to change.

cj2011
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:00 pm

sweet thanks for that. I just found a thread on here about places to change it anyways :wink:

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 pm

I downloaded one for $10 and for me it looks great! I live o/s and I foresee it being difficult to run around to different places when i am back next. And I dont really want to waste my time doing it! So, yes for ppl who live in Oz, it might be a waste, but for others its pretty good for $10!

melyz86

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:30 pm

This part of the marriage process has been a pain!!! My insurance companies have been the easiest to change because I was able to ring them and change it over the phone with no proof. I am slowly working through my list I made up prior to the wedding when I thought of different places that needed to be changed. I think the worst for me has been because we didn't go on a honeymoon I've been waiting for time to tick to get our certificate. Now I have it I'll slowly work through it all. It's just taken a lot more than what I originally thought. There are just so many things to change.

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:54 pm

I haven't changed my name yet (apart from Facebook) as its going to be such a pain! I think I'm just goin to end up changing it legally to include my maiden name as a second middle name. I wasn't going to but I really don't want to lose my maiden name.
Now to work out how to do that then ill have to start changing it everywhere.

KateM

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:21 pm

pinkperfection wrote:
I haven't changed my name yet (apart from Facebook) as its going to be such a pain! I think I'm just goin to end up changing it legally to include my maiden name as a second middle name. I wasn't going to but I really don't want to lose my maiden name.

Why do you think you'll 'lose' it? By not changing it by deed poll, you always have the legal entitlement to your maiden name. I use my married and mainden names interchangeably as I choose.

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:29 am

KateM wrote:
pinkperfection wrote:

Why do you think you'll 'lose' it? By not changing it by deed poll, you always have the legal entitlement to your maiden name. I use my married and mainden names interchangeably as I choose.

Because I wouldn't be using it at all. Ill be going by my married name at all times so I feel that this way it's still there and still my name
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16