Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life
Topic Author

Re: Feeling lonely and bored

Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:32 pm

OMG!
fijibride2010 wrote:
here's a doozy 'it's not a real marriage if you never see each other'.

It makes it MORE of a marriage because you only have half as much time together! Some people really have NO idea!

Happyeverafter
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Mrs Manco! I have been feeling depressed too and I don't have a FIFO husband! I know my reasons don't compare to yours at all
1) He is around ALL the time, but we don't talk... maybe cause before if he is around we would spend hours talking in a night... now that we do live together, that just ain't practical anymore.
2) I just feel lonely without my family around after spending so much time with them last month. But I haven't even been living with them for a decade now! I just burst into tears cause I really miss them for some reason.
3) Having this new mortgage now means that Hubby wants every penny I make to go into it and tutt tutts if I want to spend it on manicures or facials or cosmetics! Arrrghhh....very difficult for someone making just as much money as him to be told what to do with my money.

I think, my theory is there is such a thing as post-wedding depression. I wonder if your situation is actually amplified because of that? Anyways, I think you have sweet neighbours and I hope that you will find something to do to pass each swing with. It won't get easier with time, but you will definitely get better at coping! :wink: :wink:

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life
Topic Author

Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Hey hun, they are very different reasons but it doesnt make it any less difficult to deal with. I'm sorry you're going through that - I have been keeping track of you on your blog (your post about going home to your old room just about made me cry!).

1 - You will start talking again - you've both just been through an ENORMOUS amount of change and stress. It's almost too hard right now to get out how you're feeling..you've gone from having sleep-overs to being husband and wife! It's a massive thing to go through and now you're living together! You're right there for each other ALL THE TIME! It takes time to get used to that..to not have your space to yourself anymore. But you will get used to it and you will start talking again - there is a reason you married your DH, he's your best friend! The person you can talk to about anything.. it will start with a funny story about something that happened during the day or how something made you think of him and it will slowly build from there.. give it time :D

2 - I had never lived away from home before living with DH either - and I missed my mum a lot for the first month or so.. I emailed her every day at work and she called me in the afternoons/evenings. That made it easier through the transition and now I am fine on my own (but I still catch up with her every other weekend for a coffee when DH is away). You will be ok - just tell your family how you're feeling - they love you and probably miss you just as much. Talk to them every day to help yourself through - there's no medal for being a toughie and going cold turkey! :lol:

3 - Mortgages SUCK!! I said to DH the other day, "Can you imagine if we didn't have a mortgage anymore?!". I can't even being to imagine what life would be like! My DH is a little different though - he has to force me to spend money (there is just nothing I need/want at the moment). We have our own personal spending money every month - pull it out in cash and spend it on what you want. I think maybe in this situation you have to be the toughie (I'll send you a medal :lol: ) and say, you need to do YOU things every month and shouldn't feel guilty for that so here is what's going to happen - because it's TRUE! You are both entitled to do something for yourselves each month, free of guilt and worries about the mortgage. If he doesn't want to spend anything for the month, that's his choice - I'm sure if it's there though that he will :D

Wow this post has become incredibly long! I am coping but still having ups and downs..a guy stepping on my heel on the bus this monring made me well up.. I am getting there..

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life
Topic Author

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:02 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
Nothing like resurrecting an old post, but can you move closer so we can solve this problem for us both? Pleeeeeeeeeeease?

:D when jobs in Vic start paying as well as jobs in WA then we can move.. Nothing stopping you coming here though :D

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life
Topic Author

Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:49 pm

I'm little miss grumy pants so we can be two little sad girls together :P

Just bit someone's head off for spending too much money on a tub of yoghurt! oh dear.. going to be a long day..

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life
Topic Author

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:36 pm

:( stupid eyes..

woohoo for halfway!

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:05 pm

I love that idea of pulling your own money out each month/ week to spend on what you choose! I've been toying with the idea of joint bank account with dh but want to keep mine and his independence! Wasn't sure how to do it but that's a great idea!

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life
Topic Author

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

millie wrote:
I love that idea of pulling your own money out each month/ week to spend on what you choose! I've been toying with the idea of joint bank account with dh but want to keep mine and his independence! Wasn't sure how to do it but that's a great idea!

Yeah it's good! Although we've kind gone back to shared spending money now lol.. but there's still no questions about what you spent it on etc.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23