A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

What are you getting DH for Christmas?

Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:28 pm

It was my DH birthday last week and with christmas around the corner i am now stuck for ideas!!

Mrs Kylo
I survived and got married!
I survived and got married!

Re: What are you getting DH for Christmas?

Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

My FH loves gadgets but they have to be useful, not just novelties

He was so excited months ago about an electronic fly swatter one of his friends had..I filed that away in the back of my mind & have just today seen one in a Harris Scarfe catalogue..only about $30 & I'm so rapt to be able to get him one!

He's hopefully forgotten all about it & won't guess what it is before unwrapping it (like he does with most gifts..drives me crazy!)

Will have to think of something else too but there's my initial 2 cents worth!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:08 pm

We're going to be counting pennies until the wedding so I made him a fancy looking IOU booklet of the, um, adult variety. TBH he'll probably prefer to it a video game or something anyways :lol:

cloudie
Mrs Awesome!
Mrs Awesome!

Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:45 pm

As DH has just graduated from Police Academy, he is getting a leatherman (like a swiss army knife) and a kick *** torch.

The best part...they are tax deductible!

Free presents, and I have extra money in July to spend on the baby!

Melr
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 pm

i am buying my hubby a photography course at the local charity house and photoshop elements so he can edit his photos.. he got a digital slr a few months ago and is loving photography at the moment :)

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:22 pm

A rotisserie attachment for our weber. It's what he wanted :)

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Ashling wrote:
A playstation game that he's asked for. He's like a little kid when it comes to his playstation

Haha mine too but I just got him MW3 and he has battlefield 3.
Which game?

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Since I'm not working (and can't get Centrelink) anything I buy DH will be...from him...technically. His b'day was Dec 1 so I didn't get him anything for this reason, and he didn't want me to.

Instead, we'll just have lots of awesome "y'know" LOL We're also heading down to Victoria for Xmas break, so our present to ourselves is petrol.

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 am

A new wallet & clothes - since my DH started back at the gym he has lost 10kg, so none of his old shirts really fit him nice & the ones that do, are just too old to wear out for nice!

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:40 pm

I am sooo stuck..Last yr I got him a camera and a necklace (which was lost by NYE) and a toy motorbike because he was hellbent on a motorbike..but this yr is hard!

I am doing abit of a boudior shoot so he will get some pics from that, and he has his eye on a watch. I love the kikki.k love books!! You know how you have the feeling to do something personalised but then you dont know what! FH birthday is boxing day too so I need to fill that void too..He has BF3 and doesnt want MW so Im lost..might get him the new Assassins Creed..

darkphoenix
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:44 am

I decided against the Xbox games! I normally end up addicted to them and playing it more then him! So opted to buy him a blanket box, he's mentioned ever since I met him that he's wanted one but they're too expensive. Figured it was like giving an empty wallet just giving him the blanket box, so I'm making him a quilt as well....which will hopefully be finished in time! Mad rush this week trying to get it done.
A few little things as well, a metre long Toblerone, a gift pack of hot chilli sauces (he loves hot food) and perfume he's almost run out of. Probably spent way too much on him but I knew my time was almost up with my job and it would be a while before I got to spoil him again.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:02 pm

These sound like great ideas.

I'm getting him star wars themed gifts - a Han Solo ice cube tray, an R2-D2 ice cube tray and some lightsaber chopsticks (he LOVES these). I'd also like to get him some nice tea and a new tea strainer (he's a big tea drinker).

I'd also like to get him some new shirts but it's hard to buy without him there - he's fussy.

Balls

Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:02 pm

I found him so cheapies, yay! So as well as the naughty IOU booklet I made him I got him boggle because we're both addicted to word games and a "ring for sex" bell haha. He'll love it.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1