A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

beachwedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Redo wedding photos

Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 am

I was married nearly 2 years ago(in september 2010)I'm not 100% happy with my photos since my wedding I've find an amazing photographer who done my maternity and new born shoots she shoots wedding too so I'm thinking of doing a mini photo shoot with me in my dress and hubby in he's outfit have you done it?do you think its a good idea?

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Re: Redo wedding photos

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:41 pm

I HATED my wedding photos from 5 years ago from the moment I got them back. They were just terribly done, she hadn't taken any effort to get unusual or arty types of pics, they were just your standard posed photos and I was/am so disappointed.

However, trying to get my DH to pose for photos once was hard enough, there is no way I could get him to do it again!

But if your DH is ready and willing, I say go for it! But there would be just that little niggly feeling in me when looking at them that it wasn't my true wedding day.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:34 pm

If you want to, I say go for it! I can't wait to pop this baby out so we can do some TTD photos. It seems a shame to dislike your photos from your wedding day and not do anything about it. Have you thought about a TTD photo shoot? Then you won't be replacing the wedding photos as such or trying to pretend it's your wedding day, just getting some new photos of you in your dress!

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:55 pm

For me personally it would be a bit weird. The reason I look back at my photos with such pleasure is because they express and show how happy we were on that day - not because we were dressed up nice. So trying to "re-do" the photos isn't really going to capture that element...... and I think every time I looked at them I would be thinking they were sort of fake. Sorry JMHO. I think it would be really nice to try and get some lovely, artistic shots of you and your hubby as you are now.

beachwedding
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:01 pm

It wouldn't be complete redo more like a couple nice posed shots than a mini trash the dress at the end I was also meant to have a beach wedding but we needed to bring it indoors cause of the rain

Balls

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:42 pm

I say go for it then. As long as you love your new photos and you're happy with them, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. Best of luck!

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:15 pm

JessieK wrote:
As long as you love your new photos and you're happy with them, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

:tick: :tick: :tick: Exactly this.

MattPalmer

Wed May 01, 2013 3:24 pm

It's a real shame your wedding photos weren't right for you the first time round, but great that you now have a photographer that you can work with and who's work you enjoy.

I'm with everyone else, if you love them, then all is good. I don't think they become 'wedding shots' though and I do think you won't identify them as such when you get them back. But the main thing is that you look amazing, feel special, and have fun at the shoot.

MattPalmer

Tue May 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Well that sounds cool =)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.1