A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

which side of the bed!?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:23 am

i cant believe that I am posting such a thing!
Just wanted to know if any of your ladies out there had a problem with choosing which side of the bed to sleep on? :D
i got married last week and DH and I havent lived together for over three years. I always choose the left side (maybe coz im left handed?) and i seriously find it hard sleeping if im on the right side. We are currently sleeping on a single bed (long story, bed hopefully coming soon!) and he has been cheekily moving over MY side!!! How do I get him to move onto his side?!! :lol:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: which side of the bed!?

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:06 pm

I am on the right side of the bed, (left side if you face bed from foot of bed)

I am sure once you get a larger bed DH will stay on his side, or maybe he just wants to be close ;)

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 pm

I sleep closest to the window, furthest from the door. That can necessitate a change when we move. Its never cause problems.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 pm

Doesn't matter if it's left or right, I always sleep on the side furthest away from where the velociraptors are most likely to attack. DH sleeps in the path of said oncoming velociraptors. :lol:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:20 pm

gdemon wrote:
Doesn't matter if it's left or right, I always sleep on the side furthest away from where the velociraptors are most likely to attack. DH sleeps in the path of said oncoming velociraptors. :lol:

:e_clap: :D :lol:

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:46 pm

stormageddon wrote:
gdemon wrote:

win right there!!! I was going to say something along the lines of that DH needs to sleep closest to the door to protect me from ninjas or godzilla!!!!

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:48 pm

stormageddon wrote:
I am on the right side of the bed, (left side if you face bed from foot of bed)

I am sure once you get a larger bed DH will stay on his side, or maybe he just wants to be close ;)

Maybe he does want to be close, but in a single bed he has no choice!!!

I'll just work my magic and make him go to the side! hehhehe

phillipaelise

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:07 pm

gdemon wrote:

This is me!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 pm

At the moment I'm sleeping on the right hand side (looking from the bottom of the bed) - but I always sleep furthest away from the door.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm

I have always slept on the side furthest from the door. Apparently a lot of couples do that instinctively - presumably because of above velociraptors issue. Although any velociraptor worth its salt would go for me anyway as I am far more delicious and chubby.

Mrs Kylo
I survived and got married!
I survived and got married!

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:32 pm

dungie79 wrote:
stormageddon wrote:
gdemon wrote:

win right there!!! I was going to say something along the lines of that DH needs to sleep closest to the door to protect me from ninjas or godzilla!!!!

I love this and it's the way I think too .. except I think the highest likelihood of attack is through the windows, so I sleep closest to the door and FH sleeps next to the window no matter where we are or which way the bed faces!

Wombatta
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 pm

I had to giggle reading this thread... My DH always sleeps closest to the door wherever we sleep, even in hotels.
Now I know why! :lol:

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:45 pm

I always sleep on the right side and FH on the left, cos that's how we did it before we started dating. I like to switch things up a bit when we stay in hotels though :wink:

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 pm

gdemon wrote:

FH insists on sleeping in the path of the velociraptors. . . 8O

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:26 am

Lol! You girls crack me up!

I always sleep on the side closest to the ensuite!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:19 am

misspony wrote:
You girls have been watching too much Jurassic Park. They got the Velociraptor way way wrong. 1. They were only ever about 50cm tall 2. They had feathers and 3. They've been extint for about 70 million years :lol:

But scientific inaccuracies aside... I always sleep closet to the window as I love being able to lie in bed and look out at the garden.

No such thing as too much Jurassic Park. Best movie ever.

Plus primes us for velociraptor attacks... just in case :D

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:29 pm

misspony wrote:
You girls have been watching too much Jurassic Park. They got the Velociraptor way way wrong. 1. They were only ever about 50cm tall 2. They had feathers and 3. They've been extint for about 70 million years :lol:

But scientific inaccuracies aside... I always sleep closet to the window as I love being able to lie in bed and look out at the garden.

There's also the zombies to think about! DH and I insist that our first home must have a garage accessible from inside the house so we can have a quick getaway if ever the zombies attack. We also have a scheme for converting our roof-space into a secure zombie-hideaway but that's another story... :lol:

To be serious though, an ex-partner had a real thing about always being the one to sleep nearest the door, sitting with his back to the wall in a restaurant or facing the exit, and refusing to hold hands with me using his dominant right hand (to keep it free in case of attacks). Not sure whether to put it down to the caveman instinct, or just excessive paranoia. Leaning towards excessive paranoia and a severe case of uber-masculinity.

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Dont forget Pananormal Activity too!! thanks to that movie, I cant even have a part of my body out of the bed!!!

I have a paranoid image that if I continue to sleep on the left side, there will be a massive earthquake (probable because I do live in Japan) and the wall will collapse and Ill fall out of my apartment building! So, im stuck between earthquakes, velociraptors, ninjas, and zombies.. whats a girl to do??!! :D :D :D

EnglishCountryRose
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:28 pm

dungie79 wrote:
stormageddon wrote:
gdemon wrote:

We do that too! Even when we are staying with family/friends or at a hotel. Very weird!

MattPalmer

Wed May 01, 2013 3:01 pm

I'm with gdemon, I always sleep closest to the main vulnerable point of entry (door usually) for protective purposes. It may seem a bit cold and calculating but if anyone breaks in I want the first thing they see to be me hitting them in the face with something.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12