A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

presley23
Topic Author

After a bit of advice re: photographer

Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:30 am

Hi all

Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, mods please move if I'm in the wrong place!!

I'm just looking for a bit of advice really. On Saturday it will be 3 months since our wedding and we have yet to see any wedding photos, except for 3 sneak peaks that were sent to me 2 weeks after the wedding. I'm now getting a little antsy. How long do you think is a reasonable time to wait before I start hassling the photographer?

Also, the problem is, I'm not sure whether I have much of a leg to stand on since we didn't actually sign a formal contract stating when we would receive anything. The photographer was someone we knew, everything was done over email, but no official contract.

I contacted the photographer about a month after the wedding and was told they'd be getting onto it ASAP. Now I'm not getting any response to my messages at all. And this persons Facebook page has not been updated in months (previously it was being updated regularly).

I had hoped to have at least gotten our thank you cards out by now (we've paid for the photographer to do them) or at least seen some proofs to start picking out shots for the album but... nothing. The whole thing is just giving me a very uneasy feeling, but I'm not sure if I'm just being unreasonable about it?

wickie08
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: After a bit of advice re: photographer

Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:55 pm

I would think that 3 months is more than reasonable to wait. I think most places you get your photos back 4-6 weeks after the wedding. Do you have a contact number or email address for them? I would try and call directly rather than facebooking them. Have you paid for the photos? Might be worth contacting the office of fair trading in your state to see if there is anything you can do?

KateM
It's between Me and Steve McQueen
It's between Me and Steve McQueen

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:26 pm

I would suggest that your best bet on getting advice would be to see a lawyer.

But I'd also go ahead and start hassling.

presley23
Topic Author

Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Thanks ladies, you've pretty much confirmed my decision to start taking things further. We have unfortunately already paid in full so I can't really do anything there but I think I will contact someone and get a bit of legal advice. And I will definitely start hassling, I think I've been too laid back up until now.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22