Re: List of places for name change

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Bumping so I can find this useful thread again :D

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Finally changed my licence today! 8) Almost 1 year after the wedding! :lol: Now I only have everything else left to do... 8O Passport will be the tricky one for me, such a hassle. :(

MrsMaher
Formerly known as MrsMaher2B

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi all,

We got married over the weekend and i was just wondering how long it takes the celebrant to send the paperwork to D,B & M?

miss-yvette83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 pm

My celebrant did it for us. We got married on December 1st and when we returned from our honeymoon on the 18th we had received our marriage certificate.

If your celebrant is organised they would have sent it away ASAP after the wedding.

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:19 pm

That is weird. We just go to the RTA and take a new photo. Wait 15 minutes then you have new ID.

Wombatta
I survived and got married

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 am

curly wrote:
miss-yvette83 wrote:
My celebrant did it for us. We got married on December 1st and when we returned from our honeymoon on the 18th we had received our marriage certificate.

If your celebrant is organised they would have sent it away ASAP after the wedding.

Once i have my new medicare card and drivers licence i can then apply for my new passport. Which i thought would be an easy process but its like applying for a whole brand new passport as if i had never had one before. So frustrating as i need to supply all the ID all over again and before i was born after 1986 (1987 i was born) i need to show one of my parents birth certificates which I DID already when i first applied for my passport. GAH!!! So frustrating.

Im not sure if there is any other major things i need to change my name on... besides our house mortgage and bills etc.

Yes I hear your frustration about the passport curly! I changed mine when on holiday in Sydney a couple of weeks ago and it was annoying having to apply from scratch, I did not need a Medicare card though - I used a bank card and my license and paid an urgent fee as I was leaving quickly to fly overseas, and I got the new passport done in 2 days!! I was born in 81 so maybe that made it quicker? Weird that they need your parents' documents now!

Wombatta

Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 am

I have changed my name pretty much on everything now except the deeds for the properties I own.

Does anyone else own houses and did you change to your married name if so??

My concern is that my hubby's earnings may be taken into consideration when I lodge my tax on the properties next year.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:57 pm

curly wrote:

Once i have my new medicare card and drivers licence i can then apply for my new passport. Which i thought would be an easy process but its like applying for a whole brand new passport as if i had never had one before. So frustrating as i need to supply all the ID all over again and because i was born after 1986 (1987 i was born) i need to show one of my parents birth certificates which I DID already when i first applied for my passport.

I had this exact problem when I was applying for my passport - I had to show my parents passport that wasn't expired. It took 3 trips to the post office to get the damn thing done! It's a nightmare - I have an Australian birth certificate that state my parents were born in Australia :e_wall:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.06