A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

hillbilly girl
Run for the Hills
Run for the Hills

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:58 am

mogle wrote:
hillbilly girl wrote:
girls - unless I'm mistaken, you still have to APPLY for the certificate, even if yr celebrant/minister, etc has sent in the paperwork - I don't think its a GIVEN that they send you a copy, unless you have paid yr celebrant MORE to get an official copy

Absolutely. I thought I/someone had said this earlier in the thread.

DH and I just went in to BDM ourselves and got it on the spot. That's the easiest way! Or just apply online.

fair enough :) thought I'd just let the newbies to the thread know ;)
there always seems to be a lot of misinformation about lodging/getting yr marriage certificate :?

NismoGirl
Mummy to gorgeous puppies

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:24 am

We paid our celebrant more as she provides this service and we filled out the applications before the wedding.

They said they've got our application, but the marriage hasn't been registered yet. Once it's registered, it gets matched up with the application and is automatically printed and then sent to us. She checked the address we had down and everything.

So just a matter of time to sit and wait...

I survived and got married

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:40 am

Stupid question - how do you change the white pages listing?

mogle
~Urban Queen~
~Urban Queen~

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:46 am

070707 wrote:
Stupid question - how do you change the white pages listing?

This is what the White Pages website http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/helpful ... ate=VIC#a6 FAQ says:

How do I update my residential listing?

For new entries, or to update an existing entry, please contact your telephone service provider.

For Telstra Mobile non-business customers who wish to request a new entry for their mobile service or to amend the name or address of an existing mobile only entry, please contact Telstra Mobile customer Service on 125 111 (call charges apply).

For silent line requests, please contact your telephone service provider.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Thanks Mogle!

NismoGirl

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:18 am

Still no certificate :(

I'll give it till the end of next week and ring again.

Zoe Peta
All Grown Up
All Grown Up
Topic Author

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:31 am

Oh bummer Nismo!

NismoGirl

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:29 am

My identity crisis worsens :(

Zoe Peta
All Grown Up
All Grown Up
Topic Author

Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:18 am

Haha, I have my cert and I am still having identity crisis.

I need to get my drivers licence done for a few things and I want to wait until I get my new hair do for the photo!!!

Puppy and I are changed over at the vets though, so that is nice!

NismoGirl

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:13 am

I rang our bank and they said that we need the certificate plus another 75 points of ID which is drivers licence etc, but seeming I can't change anything else over like my DL, I can't go and change the bank account over.

How frustrating! :S

rooftopbalcony
Arty Bee
Arty Bee

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:15 am

Another one --- blue card, if you have one

hillbilly girl
Run for the Hills
Run for the Hills

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:58 pm

NismoGirl wrote:
I rang our bank and they said that we need the certificate plus another 75 points of ID which is drivers licence etc, but seeming I can't change anything else over like my DL, I can't go and change the bank account over.

How frustrating! :S

thats strange - thats usually only what they require to OPEN an account - I only had to use my certificate to change my account over

misscarlz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:17 pm

I rang BMD Wednesday last week and after 30 minutes of waiting on the phone I finally got through. Five times before that the operators were too busy please try to contact us through blah blah and then it hung up!! GRRRR. After I got through on the 6th time, the girl was really rude to me as I was getting cranky because I had to sit there and wait so long. But she put me through to this other guy and he checked the system etc and said it was registared and then proceeded to tell me it will be sent out that afternoon express. I said, "what was the problem then?" he said someone made a typo with our date and the system didn't understand it and wouldn't process it. So he fixed it and sure enough I got it two days later. GRRR... It always happens to me!!

NismoGirl

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 pm

Maybe I need to ring them incase they've made a mistake on ours :S

zoltansprincess
Ebay Addict
Ebay Addict

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:52 pm

After they charged me twice and screwed me around I called a few days ago to complain to JAG's (dept of justice's) complaint number about the fact that you can practically never get through to BDM and the fact that they expected me to waste my time writing a letter, going in etc just to get the refund that I am owed. So they transferred me through to BDM and they organised for it to go in the refund tray so I will finally get that refund...however Im sure it will take weeks to arrive knowing them :?

NismoGirl

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:14 am

This is really starting to frustrate me.

Everytime I phone them, the recorded message tells you the bullschit, then tells you you will be transferred to a customer service officer. Then it starts the message halfway through again. Then starts it again and tells you that they are experiencing a high level of calls and aren't able to take my call.

This has happened for the past week when I've tried to phone at many different times of the day to avoid their high level of calls.

I'm starting to get pissed off, not just annoyed.

misscarlz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:58 pm

Nismo, the same thing happened to me so many times.. just keep trying like 6 times in a row, I finally got through after 30 minutes of waiting..

Do you have a speaker phone button on your phone? I just put mine on speaker and did other things while i was waiting.

NismoGirl

Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:15 pm

I finally got through after ZP's gave me the complaints number and they rang me back.

I said that it was ridiculous and they couldn't be having a high demand of calls from 8am - 4pm every day. She apologised and said there's been quite a few complaints about that. Maybe they should fix it?

Anyway, Richard from BDM's rang me back and said the marriage had been registered (Finally!!) and he'd printed off our marriage certificate and he was processing and sending it out this afternoon. We should hopefully get it tomorrow, or Thursday due to the public holiday on Wednesday.

So lets hope he's right, I'm getting very tired of having to do things in my old name when it's been over 5 weeks since the wedding and the application for certificate and registration or marriage were sent in at the same time by our celebrant.

Specially with all the small business documentation that I've just signed up in my old name and I now need to go through and change it all! GRR.

Mopples
Pigglywiggly...oink oink
Pigglywiggly...oink oink

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:35 am

NismoGirl wrote:
We paid our celebrant more as she provides this service and we filled out the applications before the wedding.

They said they've got our application, but the marriage hasn't been registered yet. Once it's registered, it gets matched up with the application and is automatically printed and then sent to us. She checked the address we had down and everything.

So just a matter of time to sit and wait...

The first time we met our celebrant, he gave us the application for the certificate, we filled it out with FH's credit card details so our celebrant can lodge it with everything else after the wedding.

Mmm...after reading the delays here, it has me worried about how long things will take over xmas/new year.

NismoGirl

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:05 am

Well we finally got our certificate last night.

Just wondering how you girls went about it. Did you just photocopy your wedding certificate 10 times, have all 10 copies certified and send them off to places like energex (electricity), Council (rates) and phone/internet companies?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.61