A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Pinkie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Would u get a tattoo with your husbands name?

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:26 pm

I want to get FH's name tattooed under my wedding ring with a nice cursive style, and I wanted him to get my name tattooed under his wedding ring, so if he goes out with his mates, he can't hide his ring as my name will be in the spot where the ring goes. LOL - nah, I thought it was a nice way to show our commitment and like others, I plan to be with him for the rest of my life.

I'm still keen, but FH isn't and I don't want to get it if he doesn't want to get it too...

Maybe I will get his initials tattooed somewhere instead. I definately want to get something to symbolise my daughter who is 8 years old. I only have one tattoo at the moment, it's a butterfly on my shoulder and it is very important to me - it signifies freedom and new beginnings which is exactly what I was going through in my life at the time I got my tattoo...

ellakayte
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:27 pm

I would like to but not sure how or where. I already have 3 tats one of them is chinese symbol for family. I will be getting my daughters name but need to have the next baby first as i want them done at the same time so they are the same. I want my kids names on my wrist i think. I am also planning on getting a little heart while we are on our honeymoon so perhaps i might get something done at the same time as this one would most likely be a hidden one.
FH has our daughters footprint on his forearm but has not got her name which i want him to get but since he has his sleve done (well being done its still not finished still has 1-2 more sessions to go and started it about 3 years ago - long story) might wait for it to be finished and then he can get some new work done.

I have to agree with what other people have said your DH/FH is always going to be part of your life weather you stay together or part ways (hopefully not) he is going to be somone you have shared everything with or could be the father of your children. So for the people who wont get it just because they might part ways is a little silly as if you think this now then thats not a good start. For the people who wont get it cos they just dont like it thats a good reason.

FMB - did you end up getting them done?

MrsBartley2Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Funnily enough the subject of tattoos and piercings came up on the weekend and DP mentioned that he would like us to get matching tattoos after the wedding. Definately a bit different for him to bring it up as unlike me he doesn't have any tattoos.

I even mentioned having his wedding band tattooed on as its common with people who can't wear them to work and he was interested in doing that. I'll post up a pic of my tatt of DPs initials when I have 5 mins

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Mon May 11, 2009 4:44 pm

It's been awhile since anyone posted but I thought I'd add my two cents. My FH has a tattoo that matches his ex wife. It's on his ankle and is quite small so it's ok (I still hate it but that's another story). I plan to have our wedding date tattooed into my right wrist (01.05.10) rather than initials. I already have two so pain is not an issue. I wanted it done before the wedding or on the honeymoon, but FH reminded me about swimming etc, so will wait till we return.

bridalicious
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 pm

no, I wouldn't.

71TSS
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 11, 2009 6:15 pm

I have 3 tattoos- 2 which I love and that have great meaning to me, and one that I hate that was a "spur of the moment" thing. If I was to get FH's name/initials or something tattoed- i'm sure i'd love it because it had meaning.

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Tue May 12, 2009 11:39 am

I would never do it - not in a million years.

Newiegal

Sat May 16, 2009 9:00 am

I know this is an old thread but im thinking about a tat but to scared to get one cause I cant stand pain.

Anyway just some thoughts for you all.

I met my ex husband when i was 16 we married when I was 18 had two children by the time I was 21. Anyway as I said he is now my EX husband we were together for 20 years he was my best friend and like everyone we thought we would be together forever however there was 9 years age difference I did a lot of growing in those 20 years and basically we just grew apart we were no longer lovers we were just going through the motions for our two children.

We used to talk about if we ever split how we would remain best friends we have been through to much together and we have two children the bond will always be there etc etc. well we split and I left him and thats when i saw his true colours come out and it wasnt pretty.My ex does not speak to me. when we split he said and did some of the most hurtfull and nasty things I would never have expected from someone I shared 20 years with. he became a totally different person. One of my girlfriends said to me "break a mans heart and his true colours will come out" and boy is this so true. So ladies think really really hard before getting his name tat on your body.even if you think he is your soul mate and you will be together forever or friends forever life doesnt always happen as you plan. Cause I know if I had done it when I thought we were together forever I would certainly regrett it now the situation has changed.

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Sun May 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Well said Newiegirl :D I would never do it :!:

MrsBartley2Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:19 pm

DP actually surprised me by having my name tattooed on his lower arm on Tuesday last week on his week off work. Sure we've had both negative and positive reactions and heaps of people saying they would never do it but we've got what most people call a fairytale relationship and we used to regularly see a psychologist on a weekly basis (not because 'we' need it but I was referred by my doctor after a problem and we both go together) and he says that we complement each other and that he doesn't see many relationships as strong as ours considering what we have been through.

But I can see the negative side but isn't marriage supposed to be forever? Why think of the what if we break up scenario?

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:40 am

^^ I agree! If you have tattoos, you understand that they represented a time in your life, or your journey or whatever you want to call it. Just because in 25 years you MAY break up (god forbid) doesn't mean you shouldn't show love to each other fully now. Rings you can take off, but tattoos you cant - to me it shows ultimate commitment and a memory of a fantastic time of your life. If you got married however, and you didn't feel so in love, 1. why get married and 2. don't get one - simple.

MissChookz
Finally a MRS!!
Finally a MRS!!

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:46 am

My 2 cents - Personally I probably wouldnt.
I might consider getting FH's first inital somewhere... but even thats a maybe.
Each to their own though, if its what you want - go for it!!! :mrgreen:

nicolebaxter92
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:42 am

I once would have said sure why not. But no one ever gets married expecting to get divorced. You never know what can happen and how. You may end up HATING the person in the future. My poor Dad sure didn't think his loving wife of 27 years (been together almost 30, have 3 adult children and a grandchild) would wake up one day after a great fantastic marriage and leave due to a stupid mid life crisis. If he had a tattoo right of mum's name it would only be a constant reminder of the terrible pain and a person who has almost completely destroyed who he once was.
So I am saying no.

ali-jade
Style, Grace & Poise
Style, Grace & Poise

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm

My FH is quite heavily tattooed (arms / legs / chest / back / stomach etc), and I have 2 tattoos on my back..

My FH has said to me before that he would get my initials or my name tattooed on him when we have children together, but I have always been a bit reluctant to agree that I would do the same for him.. I'm not really sure why?? I think if anything I would prefer to get a picture or something that represents of him rather than his name..

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:58 am

I am planning on getting a tattoo of something different first and if I can stand the pain and enjoy the experience, I am thinking of having a symbol put on my body for my DH.

My first tattoo I am getting done is the piscies star sign, with my birth date and mine and my sister's names. Meaning behind that, is my sister was born on my 11th birthday and we are both extremely close to each other and always will be.

So that is my first one and then if that goes well, I will think about something for DH.

optimistvik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:45 pm

Well i think one should look ahead,though i wish every body a hugely successful marital life but what if later one a split happens then you will have to unnecessarily go under the knife.

mrscampbell
Domestic Goddess
Domestic Goddess

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:41 pm

optimistvik wrote:
Well i think one should look ahead,though i wish every body a hugely successful marital life but what if later one a split happens then you will have to unnecessarily go under the knife.

If my husband and I ever separated, I would never get my tattoo removed. Whatever the situation, he's been the most important part of my life since I was 16, if a marriage doesn't work out it doesn't mean the history just goes away and you forget the person.

optimistvik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:38 pm

:D Kudos to you! i wish every guy should get a girl like you.And i also wish that your marriage stays eternal.

Secret Love
Formally known as Monica23
Formally known as Monica23

Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:35 pm

My Fh & I both like tattoos (dont have any yet still deciding on designs.
If I ever was to get a tattoo it would be small and discreet whereas FH prefers the large visible ones on arms.
FH said he would definitely do it- he sees marriage as once only til death do us part (same as my views I admit)
I am not sure myself- maybe just initials (discreet)
I would definitely get my kids first names (when I have kids)

FutureMrsBridge
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:08 pm

mrscampbell wrote:
optimistvik wrote:

If my husband and I ever separated, I would never get my tattoo removed. Whatever the situation, he's been the most important part of my life since I was 16, if a marriage doesn't work out it doesn't mean the history just goes away and you forget the person.

haha i started this thread ages ago and its still going.
My thoughts exactly MrsCampbell. My hubby and I have been together since i was 15. He has been a HUGE part of my life. If we seperated he would always be a huge part of my life. Everything in my life would be a reminder, tattoo or no tattoo
GZIP: On | Load: 0.17