A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Re: Would u get a tattoo with your husbands name?

Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:42 pm

I'm not sure I would get his name, but I'm considering getting something in his honour, something to symbolise him or us as a couple. :) I agree that it CAN be tacky, but I also think it's really sweet. I love tattoos anyway though.

BubS
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:20 pm

No no and no. We are getting married and will be wearing rings to "symbolise" what we mean to eachother.

Why do people feel the need to get chinese symbols injected into their skin? Are you people of chinese heritage or background?

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 pm

BubS wrote:
No no and no. We are getting married and will be wearing rings to "symbolise" what we mean to eachother.

Why do people feel the need to get chinese symbols injected into their skin? Are you people of chinese heritage or background?

I would never get a Chinese symbol seeing as I'm not Chinese. I don't understand why people do this either.

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:48 pm

I knew of a girl who got the chinese symbol for something (truth, love, hope, something very original like that).....A chinese acquaintence saw it and started laughing - she had to explain that what in actual fact she had tattooed on her was the chinese symbol for "supermarket"!!!

I think if it means something to you, go for it but remember its for life so it had better mean something really important! :D Oh and make sure it is the actual correct symbol ha ha :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 pm

I think it's tacky. I'd rather get a bracelet or a necklace with his name

~abstar~
Formerly known as Abbie_2010
Formerly known as Abbie_2010

Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:08 am

I'm definately not because DH doesn't like tattoos and won't let me get anymore!

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Ive informed FH that as a 50th anniversary present i'll get his name tattooed on me, haha.

So in 2062...

auntyhayhay
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:42 am

No, not for me. I don't really like tattoos anyway. Just my opinion.

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr

Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:41 pm

i love tattoos. i have one on my foot, ht eback of my neck and 2 stars on my wrist. ( planning on getting another 3) i dont think i could get a full name but i think initials or something symbalizing each other is great.

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:45 pm

I love tattoos too!
Although I dont have any... yet
I have actually been considering getting FH name tattooed on me as a surprise wedding present to him. I'm just not sure if this would be a bad idea a few days before the wedding, with the healing etc.
And I really can't decide where to get it.
I also thought about getting my family surname tattooed somewhere, so it will still be "with" me.

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 pm

Im thinking as a first year anniversary present of getting our surname tattooed to my wrist... But Im scared of the pain!

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Not his name. I've told him I'll be getting our kids names on me, so maybe his in Theban script so if the worst happens, I can lie and say it's something else!

jacki.louise
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm thinking about getting 'My love, my life, my all' in latin script on my foot or the back of my neck. I would prefer the foot but have been told they don't wear very well over the years. To me, this will represent my FH and our love and commitment and of course, once little people come along, it will be representative of them too!

bronzestar
I survived and got married

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:01 am

I am thinking about a tattoo, even though it is a bit out of character for me. I currently have to take my engagement ring off for work, I am allowed to wear my wedding band however I get dermatitis and if my wedding band makes it worse I will be taking that off too. Which leaves my ring finger bare and it makes me sad even thinking about it :(

So, I was thinking about getting *something* tattooed there. I don't even know if it is really possible to tattoo a finger? I was thinking maybe a little scrolled line, or perhaps our initials.

I am still very much in the thinking phase over this one.

:?: Question for all you tattooed ladies, are there any risks or waiting periods if I wanted to get the tattoo and then try to fall pregnant?

FutureMrsBridge
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:02 pm

no waiting periods with tattoos as far as i know.
You can get your ring finger tattooed, remember Pam got Tommy! on her ring finger.

bronzestar

Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks Future Mrs Bridge. Something else to think about :D

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:38 pm

No waiting periods, as long as you aren't possibly pregnant WHEN you get it done, as it is advised not to get tattoos when pregnant.

Chewdi-Koi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:04 pm

I like tattoos! I dont have any yet but FH has two on his arm. I would love to get an ode to him and we have talked about it..ALOT! lol I dont really like names, not even of my children, I mean, I doubt Im going to forget their names, Im always going to know they are mine...(I dont know just my opinion) ANYWHO we have settled on having each others birthdate in roman numerals with nothing else matters in latin to accompany it...although my DOB is heaps shorter than FH so maybe we will change it up abit....My biggest issue is where to put it. . . . .

jimmysmum
♥ Fairy Bride ♥
♥ Fairy Bride ♥

Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:28 pm

no never .

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Nope! I don't mind tattoos on others but I would never get one myself. I would also never let FH get my name tattooed on him. I just don't see the point, TBH. We love each other, we know we love each other, a tattoo of my name or his name won't make us love each other more. JMO.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24