A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MrsBartley2Be
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Would u get a tattoo with your husbands name?

Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:48 pm

I still don't have a photo of mine but the only person who really gets to see it is FH. But on the other hand FHs is on his arm and anyone can pretty much see it. But this is his tattoo that he had done last month as a surprise - its still a bit raw as this was in the evening

Means more to me that it was something that he did because he wanted to, not because I asked him or it was expected. I've had my tattoo 6 months before him and I never expected him to as I have other tattoos, he didn't have any. He designed whilst he was away working and organised to see the tattoo artist when he got back

tattoo designs

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:22 am

MoolieMoo wrote:
Am I the only one here who's husband has their name tattooed on them?

I seem to be.

having a tat with your husband's name is so sweet and cool! that's a great idea! :!: :)

b1ackve1vet
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:21 am

I would like my first tattoo to be little footprints with my childrens name(or initials) on them. If i find a nice design I'll most likely throw in FH initial's as well. :D

But getting the money and the courage to actually do it.. hmmm thats another story.

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 am

Last edited by carly_buttons on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

hazzbang
~ Bargain Bride ~
~ Bargain Bride ~

Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:30 am

I think we all know someone that has done the partner tattoo thing & then split - my best friend from school and one of my other best mates got together for yrs & yrs and got engaged... got each others name tattooed on their arses and now 7 yrs down the track they both have different partners and have children with them & Trace always said she hates that Jase has to see Trevor's name on her all the time reminding him that she was once 'his property' (so to speak)

ali-jade wrote:
My FH is quite heavily tattooed (arms / legs / chest / back / stomach etc), and I have 2 tattoos on my back..

Mine too.. he has 17 in total from top to bottom, and in those he has both of his ex wives names, his kids names and even his high school girlfriend's name. When we first got together I thought it would bother me, but honestly it doesn't. His body, his choices and like ALL of his tatts, they tell a story of his life (which has been a very hard slog) and I love them all! I only have the one on my back, but would like another...

mrscampbell wrote:
If my husband and I ever separated, I would never get my tattoo removed. Whatever the situation, he's been the most important part of my life since I was 16, if a marriage doesn't work out it doesn't mean the history just goes away and you forget the person.

And I totally agree.. although in all honesty I would NEVER get a man's name tattooed on me - husband or not - but if I did get something to represent our journey and life together I would keep it forever!

Nikkie
Bitchin' Bride
Bitchin' Bride

Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:56 am

z
Last edited by Nikkie on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beach_Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:57 pm

FH and I have matching tattos. We both have the chinese symbol for trust on our wrists. We got them on the opposit wrists to each other so that when we are holding hands they touch against each other. To us it symbolises the trust we have for each other and our future. He had his before I met him and then after a while I decided that I wanted one too. Trust has always been a big thing for both of us (not in our relationship, but because of previous relationships etc) So the symbol trust shows us both how important it to both of us.

We've talked about getting another one the same after we are married, or adding to the one we both already have. I do like the ideas of having his name or initials under my wedding ring or something like that. If i did get his name or initials it would be somewhere that wouldn't be one show.

We both like tattos so that certainly isn't an issue for us, we both have 3 already. And FH is planning a large one on his forearm sometime soon (a map of NZ with Maori designs in the centre of it).

By the way Zee's princess bride I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of combining the 2 initials in matching tatts like yours! Trying to think of a design to mix A&C now!

erinjb
Eckylicious
Eckylicious

Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:26 am

No way.

I have a few tattoos, so I'm not prudish about tattoos in general, I just don't like "name" tattoos. I would draw the line at a "monogram" with both initials, but it would have to look good. I like to think of tattoos as art on skin, so for me, a name just doesn't cut it.

julie_gollan

Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:49 pm

I already have 1 tattoo and am thinking of getting tattoo dedicated to my FH.

His name is Anthony, Ant for short, so istead of getting his name tattooed I am thinking of getting cartoon ants marching in the shape of a love heart on my foot. Because of the industry I work in I can't have visable tattoos so it needs to be somewhere i can cover...

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:57 pm

im just getting a little heart on the inside of my wrist.. even if we ever break up hell always be in my life hes the father of my kids my first love etc. so hell always be special :heart:

mrslittle
Happy in love ♥
Happy in love ♥

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:51 am

I'm thinking about getting and R (first intital of DH) and K (my first intital) linked together in 'fancy' writing on my ankle with our wedding date.... and as a surprise for DH.

Blondiechicknz
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Personally i think people getting their partners NAME tattooed on them is tacky - i like the idea of a symbol, something that you join together to make a picture, or like the ants thing mentioned above, but i dont like the idea of their actual 'name'.

Jodie&Sam
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:42 pm

I wouldn't get his name, but I like the idea of having something that symbolises our relationship - somewhere discreet because of my line of work.

bella_bec
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Uptownerd wrote:
I just saw this on news.com.au :

Michael Clarke got a tattoo with Laura BIngle's initials in it. Where the bloody hell is it? Just underneath the star up the top.

This could be a potential removal now...

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:01 pm

I've always said to FH that once we're married, I plan on getting the first letter of his name tattooed on the back of my neck. I don't know that I'd ever go as far to get a full name tattooed, as I don't particularly like the look of it, but I don't mind initials.

Luckily, FH's name starts with 'B' and I was (and still am) an avid 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' fan, so I plan on getting the 'B' done in the same font as the television series, so it has a double meaning to me.

FH has been dabbling with the idea of a tattoo, but I want to make sure whatever he decides on, he's absolute on, as I don't want him getting it done in a sense of 'keeping up' with my brothers and I. I've already got three tattoos and ideas for many more, and my brothers are both fairly inked up.. so I don't want him to feel pressured or anything, and I hate my name, so I'd never let him do my name LOL

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:32 pm

no way - sorry but I don't like tattoos much at all. And would never get a partners name - no matter how committed I was.

navywifeniss
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥
♥ Yours, Mine and Ours ♥

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Yep!!! I did :D
I got "Andy" written on a banner on an anchor (he's in the navy)... it's fairly large and on my calf, so it can be covered if needed :)
Absolutely love my tattoo, so does hubby :heart:

MoolieMoo
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:48 pm

FH and I have matching tattos. We both have the chinese symbol for trust on our wrists. We got them on the opposit wrists to each other so that when we are holding hands they touch against each other.

OMG! I :heart: :heart: :heart: this!

I've re-read this thread including the new posts and I wanted to give my perspective, maybe no one's interested but here goes anyway.

Tattoo's of people's names are no big deal in terms of a possible eventual split compared to having kids. But no one ever seems to tell couples who are TTC "You might eventually HATE that person, or split up in the future"

I think people are idiotic sometimes.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:34 pm

My FH has a chinese character for his name, which I would consider getting tattooed. It translates to "peace/serenity" so has a nice meaning.

erp

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:07 pm

no way. i have a couple of tattoos, one on my hip and one on my back so they are covered the vast majority of the time. i think in my job as a psychologist it wouldnt be cool to have it showing and although i dont have a problem with tattoos in general- as i have some- i dont like the idea of names. at all.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13