A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

need to gain weight

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 am

does anyone know how i can gain weight to fit my wedding dress?

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: need to gain weight

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 am

krispy kremes? McDonalds? :lol:

how much weight do you need to gain, have you lost some since buying your dress... getting it taken in might be a better option?

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:47 am

I do eat all the time and everything dont get me wrong...its just that i need to gain like 4kilos to fit into my amican size 0 dress :oops:

chrisval25
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:51 am

haha i wish i had your problem..

i just look at food and it goes to my thighs...

try eating carbs (bread, potatos)..they usually put weight on

good luck......: )

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:54 am

Eating more carbs should help, but I'd also recommend going to see a dietician about it. They can do up a meal plan for you with the goal of gradual weight gain.

AugustB2B
Bookworm Bride
Bookworm Bride

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Dietitian is a good idea. You could also try adding more healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts, avocado, oily fish etc, to your diet.

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 pm

chrisval25 wrote:
haha i wish i had your problem..

i just look at food and it goes to my thighs...

try eating carbs (bread, potatos)..they usually put weight on

good luck......: )

I agree! I have been dieting my butt off for 5 weeks now - wish I had the opposite prob!

I agree with the carbs - creamy pastas, potato bake etc. Will definately put on weight!

bridalicious
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:18 pm

AugustB2B wrote:
Dietitian is a good idea. You could also try adding more healthy fats such as olive oil, nuts, avocado, oily fish etc, to your diet.

I agree, indulge in the good, beautiful fats nature has to offer. Nuts are delicious and most of us have to limit ourselves because of their high caloric value. You can eat them raw as a snack, add them to stirfries, add them to your cereal or yoghurt, dessert.

Organic nut butters are also delicious & healthy in moderation.

Go crazy with avocado...I would eat one a day if I could they are so versatile and yummy. Make yourself some homemade guaqamole, avo, spanish onion, salt pepper, tomato, lime juice chilli..yum! Eat it with vegy sticks or wholegrain/rye crackers!

Get liberal with the olive oil, use it in salad dressing, use it in a fresh tomato sauce, grab a bottle of spensive stuff and go crazy with some dukkah and turkish loaf or ciabatta.

enjoy! :D

Cuffs
Drunkzilla
Drunkzilla

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Calorie King has an option for if you want to put on weight.

I suggest, like already mentioned: snacking on nuts, full fat cheese/milk/cream, adding olive oil to salads, avocado, less lean cuts of meat, eggs. If you pig out on obviously fatty foods like Maccas, you will put on weight, but you will also feel sluggish and most likely ruin your skin.

Maybe weights would also help, if you excercise a lot?

MrsKo2b

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Also sleeping heaps helps as well (but not too much though!).

sharon.gmc
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:47 pm

eat healthy but heavy meals. But if you want a fast result go and eat on fastfoods. :D

ktloos
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:49 pm

have you had you thyroid cheaked? I was really under weight for a long time and it turned out my thyroid was overactive due to graves disease. I used to eat anything and everything and couldn't put on weight. Just a thought

GorgeousGiggles
Aaron's Future Wife
Aaron's Future Wife

Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:01 pm

Try going to a sports supplement store. They have weight gain formulas!!

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:44 pm

I would recommend high protein supplements that the body builders use. personally I think you should gain weight but stay toned (so stay away from junk food) the last thing you want to be is a skinny fat person ie still size 0 but more fat content than muscle. you dont want rolls hanging over the dress

brisbanegirl23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:21 am

thanks guys for all your help I will try to eat as many carbs as possible as well as everything else you guys have wrote I have learnt heaps from you all

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 pm

I have been on a special diet for the last five years devised by my Gp to gain weight as I am 168cms tall and only weighed 44kgs up until 25years old when i started this diet. I used to live on Macdonalds and pizza (400gms) of fat everyday from 15yrs to 25yrs and not gain weight, so this diet was heaps of carbs, protein, things like bread, patatoes, eggs and protein shakes and head to the gym for weights. And to tell you the truth I dont think it was the diet that made me gain weight because I was already eating all of that anyway like a loaf of bread a day. It was the weights, as I now weigh 52kgs and I am still a size 6 or 0 but at least I dont look all bony. Good luck!! Its a constant battle for me to keep the weight on, if I miss the gym for a few weeks I quickly drop the kilos and fall below 50kgs. If not you could always get the dress adjusted, that is one reason I am going for a made to measure dress/couture.

MrsKo2b

Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:33 am

I knew some guys who were thin & no matter what they ate they had a hard time gaining weight! perhaps just fast metabolism?

erinjb
Eckylicious
Eckylicious

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:44 am

Dietician! You don't want to eat crap to put on weight, you want to be eating healthy fats and oils to maintain health and gain weight.

Also, probably eaiser to get your dress taken in!

greensmonster
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 05, 2010 4:43 pm

bridalicious wrote:
Go crazy with avocado...I would eat one a day if I could they are so versatile and yummy.

I do eat about one a day!! They are soooooo good! expensive, but they are like my 'packet of smokes' substitute!

Eating carbs late at night might help, as your body won't need the extra energy when you're asleep so will convert it to fat.

Be careful with excess fat, even good fats. Fats can have a laxative affect if eaten in high quantities (talking from experience here), and therefore don't have the affect of adding weight. I used to eat an absolute truckload of good fats (nuts, seeds, avos, coconuts) and I was about 5kg lighter, never gained weight... but had VERY poor digestion. I've fixed it now by cutting back on the fats (and loads of other things... but that's another story! :roll: )

You may have absorption issues if you are struggling to gain weight - a good probiotic (as in from a naturopath) might help get your gut working (and absorbing) better.

All the best xx
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25