A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?
Topic Author

Hair & Make-up Recs (Melbourne)

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm sure I saw a similar topic earlier but can't seem to find it.

I'd love to get some h&mua recs for Melbourne.

My wish list...
- Mobile
- Good communication (have contacted a few and not heard back)
- Ideally have had experience with different skin tone/nationalities. Most galleries have gorgeous blondes with pale skin so it's a little hard imagining what they can do with darker skin.

If you've had great experience with someone (their work as well as their communication) please share. :)

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: Hair & Make-up Recs (Melbourne)

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:20 pm

Try Alli and Cin off this forum

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?
Topic Author

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Thanks Russa! I'll give them a looksee. :)

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:54 pm

Rogue Artists do hair and makeup, thats who I have chosen
Mary Peda (makeup only) Makeup Art - she is fantastic with all skin colours!

JodieR
Alluring Princess
Alluring Princess

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:03 pm

russa1 wrote:
Try Alli and Cin off this forum

I've seen Cin's work, she's lovely and does a great job, she's been a member here for ages. :D

awanda

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:54 am

I'm using Kate Fletcher - she's great - mobile, communicates well - you can see some of her work on her website
http://www.katefletcher.net
there aren't any bridal pics there, but one of the girls on Vogue Forums used her for her wedding last weekend and has some pics on that forum

bonnyh
Mrs BOOny P.
Mrs BOOny P.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:59 am

I used CIn and Alli
and Cin is awesome she is such a sweetie,her and her Mum did such an amazing job at keeping my mum and BM's calm. We are actually good friends now :)
Alli did an amazing job on my girls hair esp how I wasn't sure how our Flower girl was going to react to having a stranger play with her hair

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?
Topic Author

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! I really appreciate it. Have emailed Alli and hoping she's available to do a hair trial. I just saw that Cin is pregnant (!!!) and taking Aug off so will try some of the others you've suggested.

Kate Fletcher's make up looks fantastic. I couldn't find a website for Mary Peda but found her contact info via google.

Thanks, ladies. :D

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 pm

jhilik wrote:
Thanks everyone for the recommendations! I really appreciate it. Have emailed Alli and hoping she's available to do a hair trial. I just saw that Cin is pregnant (!!!) and taking Aug off so will try some of the others you've suggested.

Kate Fletcher's make up looks fantastic. I couldn't find a website for Mary Peda but found her contact info via google.

Thanks, ladies. :D

Mary doesnt have a website she does all of her work via word of the mouth, she does all of the bridal magazines and fashion shoots, my photographer recommended her for someone who does a good natural job. She is so lovely, I did initally book her but ended up going with Rogue Artists only because they do hair and makeup. Maybe I should have trialled Ali for hair and then I could have stayed with her. Oh well its done now, but if you need her details, let me know.

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Ellen Mugavin http://www.ellenmugavin.com/ and Fiona from Kochou http://kochou.com.au/ both do great work and are extremely professional.

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm

coco2003 wrote:
Ellen Mugavin http://www.ellenmugavin.com/ and Fiona from Kochou http://kochou.com.au/ both do great work and are extremely professional.

I phoned both of these and they never returned my phonecalls :roll:
But yes their work looks good!

ulya
Sunshine
Sunshine

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:20 pm

I'm also one of the girls who are going with the famous Alli/Cin duo :D (see my S&T thread for some photographic evidence of their expertise)! Try these threads for some more recs:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70339
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=107583
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105717
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86764
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105898
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106906

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?
Topic Author

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:09 pm

kyliemartin79 wrote:
I phoned both of these and they never returned my phonecalls :roll:
But yes their work looks good!

Yeah, I hate it when they don't call back. And worse - I hate no return email. I totally understand people get swamped but just a brief templated apology would be appreciated.

hehehe I knew they'd be heaps of similar threads on here, thanks ulya!! your trial pics in your s&t are stunning. I think I was speechless when I first saw them.

ulya
Sunshine
Sunshine

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:12 pm

jhilik wrote:
hehehe I knew they'd be heaps of similar threads on here, thanks ulya!! your trial pics in your s&t are stunning. I think I was speechless when I first saw them.

:oops: Aww, thanks, hun! Hope to help :D I'm sure you'll be super happy with Alli, good luck with finding a nice MUA!

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:22 pm

I never had any communication issues with either Ellen or Fiona.

jaidi13

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:57 am

awanda wrote:
I'm using Kate Fletcher - she's great - mobile, communicates well - you can see some of her work on her website
http://www.katefletcher.net
there aren't any bridal pics there, but one of the girls on Vogue Forums used her for her wedding last weekend and has some pics on that forum

ohh! i too have contacted Kate Fletcher for my very first hair and makeup trial! am very excited. So far i've heard lots of great things about her. will let you all know how it goes!
Awanda - I was just wondering, since you also praised Kate's work in the Asian wedding makeup thread, are you Asian? Cause I am and would like a make up artist who can do good Asian make up. Was wondering, thats all! :)

awanda

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 am

hi jaidi - no I'm not. I have seen some of the work Kate has done for fashion shoots, which included some amazing looks for some Asian girls which is why I thought of her for that thread. Best of luck with your trial.

cin
Devine Vintage Bride
Devine Vintage Bride

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 am

Hi sweetheart,

What a bummer i cant help you on your special day, but can i reccomend who i rec to my clients who i cant fit in etc.

Tammi Tanti, PM me for details . She isnt doing as much work as of now due to an issue that happend last year. But if you arnt to far from her she is fantastic and i wouldnt rec anyone else for the job ;) I know alot of MUA out there and seen them in action and work. She wins by far! And is fantastic to work with :) If she isnt available her SIL also works with he Amanda.

Gook luck sweetheart, any month but Aug ha :( OH well we will both be celebrating me with a bubs and you as a Mrs :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?
Topic Author

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:16 am

cin wrote:
Tammi Tanti, PM me for details . She isnt doing as much work as of now due to an issue that happend last year. But if you arnt to far from her she is fantastic and i wouldnt rec anyone else for the job ;) I know alot of MUA out there and seen them in action and work. She wins by far! And is fantastic to work with :) If she isnt available her SIL also works with he Amanda.

Gook luck sweetheart, any month but Aug ha :( OH well we will both be celebrating me with a bubs and you as a Mrs :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks heaps, lady :D Just pmd you.

Lots of great recommendations on here, thanks everyone!

cin
Devine Vintage Bride
Devine Vintage Bride

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:23 am

jhilik wrote:
cin wrote:

Thanks heaps, lady :D Just pmd you.

Lots of great recommendations on here, thanks everyone!

No probs sweetheart, ive just Pmed you the info :) xx
GZIP: On | Load: 0.44