A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Hard work starts....NOW! With PICS, before and now!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:39 am

After plodding along on my own and not getting anywhere particularly fast, I've signed up for a 12 week training/nutritional program with a body sculpting champion.

She's a local lady to me, does a lot of programs via correspondence but also has a trainer working for her who can come to your gym. I've opted for the assistance of the trainer and my program includes fortnightly visits (which is fine by me as I can work out well on my own)

I wanted to start this thread as somewhere to come and write down what I've done/eaten etc - it'll be another excuse not to cheat- and also somewhere to get frustrated!

I'm hoping to lose body fat and cm's- weight would be great too although not too worried about that. I'm yet to be measured, photographed etc so I'm not sure what's achievable but I'll be working my butt off!
Last edited by amberino21 on Thu May 26, 2011 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kylz86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Hard work starts....NOW!

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 am

Thats fantasic best of luck with it. Are you trying to lose weight or just tone up??

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm not so bothered about the weight...I want to lose fat though :)

my first major goal is going to be set for the beginning of October- I have my next dress fitting then!

I do have to get on some scales...we have none at our new house and I need to provide my weight so they can work out my eating plan!

LR
Formerly known as lizzyrose

Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Good on you Amberino! I'm in a similar boat (i.e. want to lose fat, plus tone up but not lose too much 'weight') but thought I would worry about it when the wedding gets closer. But since we are both April brides, I should probably heed your good initiative and start soon too.

I'll be keeping an eye on here to see how you go!

Good luck!

Jodie&Sam
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Good luck :D

wee_one
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:30 am

Good on you Amberino! Good luck with your trainer. I'm looking forward to seeing how you go!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:13 am

Thanks girls - I'll be starting the program that has been written for me on Monday.

I've got my first week training plan...tough but doable :) I also get measured next week. I havent got my eating plan yet..

I've been good the past week and a bit- been to the gym 4 or 5 times (and enjoying it again) and getting into a routine.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:58 pm

Doing well so far!

I have one day off exercise a week, and at the moment that has to be Tuesday because of work.

Monday and today I'll have done my training - and hour powerwalk in the mornings before breakfast, weights and cardio (interval training) in the afternoons.

The food is great - I've got two meal plans that I rotate (these get changed within the three months)

today :

breakfast: scrambled eggs with a piece of rye bread, kiwi fruit
snack: apple and protein shake
lunch: salad and grilled chicken
snack: protein shake and yoghurt
dinner: chicken "parmigiana" and vegies
snack: jelly (lite)

the good thing is, most of it is prepared already :)

LR

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:57 pm

That food sounds great!

And wow - you are so dedicated!!! I bet you'll see results in no time!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:18 am

i haven't had to use this thread very much - i have been really good with eating and exercise, and it has been surprisingly easy!! FH has been eating the food with me (and enjoys it) so that makes it a lot easier - we have fun on the cheat day working out what we're going to cook :) we tend to eat food in the meal plan for all but one meal - yesterday i made chicken and leek pie for dinner, followed by caramelised apple, white choc, walnut and sultana pastries with vanilla icecream (yum!)

i'm getting to the end of my first month, my workout program and eating plan should change next week so i don't get stuck doing the same things...

I have only lost a couple of kg's in the past 3 weeks...but i'm sure i've lost fat as i can see more muscle definition, which is good enough for me!

LR

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:07 pm

That's excellent!

Have you been taking measurements (waist, hips, biceps, thighs, etc) as well? I prefer to use them rather than weight as they indicate fat loss better.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:19 am

Thanks lizzyrose!

I haven't been taking measurements myself, but my trainer has. She takes photos too so at the end of the 3 month program I'll be able to see how I've changed :)

LR

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:06 am

Photos.... 8O . I couldn't do that.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 am

Hehe.....I haven't seen the first ones and I don't want to until the end of the three months!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:23 pm

Well, I'm still being good! I even managed to be good on the weekend - we went away with a group if friends. Our house was full of food I couldn't have, and they all went out for lunch and had massive dinners every night. I stuck to my own food, except on the cheat day :)

this week I've been doing all my weight work...but haven't been able to do cardio at all. I have a stupid thing preventing me doing it (you don't want to know - TMI!). I can't run, or sit on a bike seat or rowing machine...I figure I'm eating properly though so it shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully I'll be able to do things again in a day or two!

I've also got a new eating plan...

Today's food:

birchers muesli with grated apple and almonds
pineapple and protein shake
salad with spinach, chicken, chickpeas, capsicum, sweet potatoe, onion and limey yoghurt dressing
yoghurt
steak with vegies and cauliflower 'rice'
'mousse' for dessert

LR

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:04 pm

Good for you! And yeah, as long as you are eating well, you should be fine to have a 'slower' workout week.

Have you had any feedback from your PT about your progress so far? Weight/measurements, etc? Or do you have to wait the whole 3 months to get it?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I was supposed to have my training on Monday, but we were away...changed it to this arvo but had to change it to next Monday because I need to go to the drs...gah!

I have a session on Monday, we should be measuring and taking more pictures then :)

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Sounds like it's working for you. Your posts are all very positive so you obviously are enjoying the program. Good on you!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:25 am

almostthere wrote:
Sounds like it's working for you. Your posts are all very positive so you obviously are enjoying the program. Good on you!

thanks almostthere! I think it helps that I'm not starving - there is heaps of different types of food and lots of it. I also like doing weights, and I like to challenge myself by increasing my weights. The cardio isn't that bad either - and it's getting easier! (I used to hate the treadmill and struggled even for the short time I was on it - now it's easy!)

I haven't seen my pictures but I weighed myself the other day... in 5 weeks I've gone from 79.3kgs to 75.7kgs...I know I've put on muscle so I must have lost more fat :)

LR

Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 pm

That's excellent Amberino!

I wish I had your dedication this far in advance. Even though I am increasing my exercise, I know I'll leave it to 2 months before the wedding to be good with my food...... :roll: Which means I probably won't be all that happy with my body. Sigh.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.33