A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

bella_bec
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥
♥ Hubby's Pumpkin ♥

Re: Hard work starts....NOW!

Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:19 pm

hey amber i would love to know your measurements from beginning to the end...i think they are what truely shows all the effort!!!!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:32 pm

bella_bec wrote:
hey amber i would love to know your measurements from beginning to the end...i think they are what truely shows all the effort!!!!

I don't have precise measurements - I was more interested in my photos! I've got some side by side from when I started and a couple of months ago...

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:37 am

Just thought id stop by and check out your progress... your doing so well. Congrats on the losses..

T xox

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Tarz84 wrote:
Just thought id stop by and check out your progress... your doing so well. Congrats on the losses..

T xox

thanks, Tarz :)

I weighed in at 58.5kg the other day...so still losing, although I'm not trying to really! FH took some more pics of me the other day, when he has stuck them together with the others I might post them up. Also took a photo of me in my new WHITE bikini...not too shabby, even if I do say so myself!

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Hey Amber - just checked out your pictures again and you are WAY tinier than your last pic on Michelle's website! You super star!

I am feeling so bloated and disgusting right now that I read all the way through this topic and have re-motivated myself again because seeing how successful you have been is enough to get me going again! :) I'm in with my PT again 3 x a week but need to do more as the weight seems to be stacking on on the days I don't train for some reason..

So, I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what you do in your cardio workouts? And perhaps some of the recipes you use?? Also, which protein powder do you use? :)

Sorry for all the questions..but YOU'RE AWESOME!!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Mrs Manco wrote:
Hey Amber - just checked out your pictures again and you are WAY tinier than your last pic on Michelle's website! You super star!

I am feeling so bloated and disgusting right now that I read all the way through this topic and have re-motivated myself again because seeing how successful you have been is enough to get me going again! :) I'm in with my PT again 3 x a week but need to do more as the weight seems to be stacking on on the days I don't train for some reason..

So, I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what you do in your cardio workouts? And perhaps some of the recipes you use?? Also, which protein powder do you use? :)

Sorry for all the questions..but YOU'RE AWESOME!!

haha - i'm not feeling so awesome at the moment!! a week of no gym + eating way too much of whatever i felt like + funny belly (and barely going to the toilet, TMI!) + alcohol + not enough water = stacks of weight. back in to training now though, and eating properly...so hopefully it'll all come off again soon! i'm also thinking of doing a body building competition in october, so that'll be a whole new journey!

in all honesty, i barely do cardio at all...this week i am, just because i'm annoyed at myself for letting go so much! but, when i was doing cardio, it was about 35 minute sessions:

12 minutes rowing at 30 strokes a minute (i think)
8 minutes fast walk/jog at a small incline on a treadmill
15 minutes on a bike - 2 mins steady pace, 1 minute as fast as possible, repeat til the 15 mins is up

all treadmill:
12 minus walk at 12% incline
8 mins jog at 8% incline
10 minutes of 1 minute run at 0%, 30secs of jumping lunges (getting off, 30secs lunges, getting back on = 1 minute)
5 mins cool down

I have two different protein powders - a chocolate one, with a small amount of carbs and fat, and a fruit one with no carbs or fat. they are both made by "syntrax" and i get them from the body nurtrition centre in the city (next to fitness first, under woolworths). I use the chocolate one as a shake, or in pancakes - instead of flour - or other cooking and i use the fruit one to mix with nautral yoghurt, or in smoothies.

This week i'm restricting starchy carbs, only getting carbs from vegetables...but in terms of food normally, we have scarmbled eggs with a piece of toast (one egg and half a cup of egg white - you can buy egg white frozen at the supermarket), bircher muesli with lite milk and natural yoghurt, pancakes made with protein powder etc for breakfast (usually everything is with fruit - 1/2 cup forzen berries or an apple or kiwi or half a banana)

snacks are natural yoghurt with protein, or a piece of fruit and protein in the morning, in the afternoon i'll often have vegie sticks with hummus or cottage cheese/salsa. we also make turkey burger patties or beef rissoles and have them in a lettuce leaf with salsa for afternoon snacks.

lunch/dinner is lean protein with vegies or salad - stir fry, steamed veiges, cauliflower mash (cook whizzed up cauliflower then add a bit of cream cheese), wraps (on mountain bread). we don't have pasta, and hardly any rice - lots of vegies instead!

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:32 pm

:) Thanks so much for all the info Amber!! I really appreciate it. Will let you know how I go :)

BuzzyBeeDee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 09, 2011 12:51 pm

I just read through the whole thread and had to say 'wow!'. Your before and after photos are awesome, I think you can especially see the difference in your abs. I wish I had your willpower and motivation. The food you were eating sounds yummy, I never seem to find the time/motivation to actually prepare everything like that (e.g. cooking eggs in the morning and stuff). Anyway, just wanted to saw I am in awe and congratulations :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Mon May 09, 2011 2:57 pm

BuzzyBeeDee wrote:
I just read through the whole thread and had to say 'wow!'. Your before and after photos are awesome, I think you can especially see the difference in your abs. I wish I had your willpower and motivation. The food you were eating sounds yummy, I never seem to find the time/motivation to actually prepare everything like that (e.g. cooking eggs in the morning and stuff). Anyway, just wanted to saw I am in awe and congratulations :)

thanks, buzzy - I've made even more improvements since the photos on here so I look (IMO!) even better. It has been the best journey, and I feel so much better. I went shopping with DH yesterday, and decided to try on some designer jeans. They only had 8's and 11's and the size 8 looked tiny - I had the best surprise when they actually fit perfectly! They were skinny jeans...and looked great! I was very impressed - I wouldn't have gone near them before :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Thu May 26, 2011 1:03 am

I thought i'd post a link to my trainer's website - she has updated my transformation page with new pics to show wher I've got to after a few more months of following the program she wrote for me. This is now my lifestyle - I'm not deprived of anything, it's something
I can do long term. Ladies, if you're serious about changing your shape and would like some assistance, look into her programs - they are all done
via email/phone but you get so much support!

To give you an idea, I was 79ish kgs when I started. I'm now 57ish. I've gone from wearing size 12/14 to 6/8. I'm also considering competing later in the year - if I do it'll likely be in the sports model category of a bodybuilding competition (slightly less mental stress and physical problems afterwards than full
on body building)

http://www.michellenazaroff.com/?p=1443

Tarz84

Re: Hard work starts....NOW! With PICS, before and now!!!

Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 am

wow!!! I'm speechless..... what an amazing change!

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 am

I'm speechless too!! You look AMAZING Amber. Well done :D 8O :D

cj2011
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 26, 2011 10:51 am

:!: :!: :D congrats!!

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Thu May 26, 2011 11:01 am

Wow amazing Amber! So inspiring.... :heart:

also best of luck if you decide to go in the comp! :D

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Thu May 26, 2011 11:49 am

You are a super start Amber!

Do you know if you can do the programs even if you don't live near the gym they work from?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Fri May 27, 2011 1:28 am

Thanks girls :heart:

I've started buying clothes again - so good to have money to
splurge on myself now the wedding is over! I'm still amazed when I have to wear XS and size 6 things!! It's slightly unbelievable!

MM, you don't have to go to their gym - it's all done via email! You send photos, and email every week. You can also ring for support if you need it - they are lovely ladies, and care about how you're going :)

~abstar~
Formerly known as Abbie_2010
Formerly known as Abbie_2010

Fri May 27, 2011 9:44 am

Wow Amber you look fantastic!

B2BNov13

Fri May 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Wow Amber, you look amazing! Can I ask how tall you are? Also do you know roughly how many calories you are eating a day and approx how many calories you would burn through exercise? Just curious as I am looking into something similar and have just started my journey..Thanks :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake
Topic Author

Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 pm

B2BNov13 wrote:
Wow Amber, you look amazing! Can I ask how tall you are? Also do you know roughly how many calories you are eating a day and approx how many calories you would burn through exercise? Just curious as I am looking into something similar and have just started my journey..Thanks :)

thanks abbie and B2B :)

B2B - I'm 165cms tall, eat 1200-1300 calories 6 days a week (the other day is cheat day, I eat whatever I like) and i eat mainly lean protein and vegies with limited starchy carbs. I don't really think measuring
calories during exercise is relevant, or that accurate, especially considering my workouts are predominantly weight training...I go to the gym 4 times a week.

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Mon May 30, 2011 3:50 pm

:evil:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.15