A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Dermalogica Products

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:35 pm

My beautician has recommended a series of Dermalogica products to use on my face. I haven't been happy with my current range for a while now, and I am happy to consider them but...

Does anyone know if they are safe to use while pregnant? I know there are some products that you can't use and I was wondering if these would count?
They're approx $80 each per bottle and apparently last 6-8 months (which is great value really) but I'm hoping that I'll be pregnant in the next 4-5 months in which case it wouldn't be worth it if they can't be used, IYKWIM?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: Dermalogica Products

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 am

I am not sure about using them when PG but I have used them in the past and thought they were only so-so. I have sinced switched to ASAP products and am soooo happy. It's the best stuff and I have the clearest skin I ever had. Don't want to hijack or change topic just my two cents worth :D

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:31 am

Thanks Russa! I haven't seen ASAP products here before, but it doesn't mean they don't exist! The beautician used the Dermalogica on my skin when I had my facial last week and it felt great then, but I haven't really experienced anything other than supermarket brand products before either to compare with.

...can you use ASAP while pregnant? I know I read that the 'yes to carrots' range is safe while PG, which made me wonder what was 'not' safe!

Kazbah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi ladies,

Russa i 100% agree with you! I use ASAP facial cleanser and have been doing so years. It is the best cleanser I have found. I have acne prone skin and this cleanser keep them under control. I also love how your skin feels after using it - not dry, not oily - just clean and soft!

chelle7
I survived and got married

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:15 pm

I was using Dermalogica products before my wedding, but once I fell pregnant I stopped.

One of the ingredients was salicylic acid, which you're not supposed to use when pregnant. This is in quite a few products, like acne treatments and ingrown hair treatments. You can find out a bit more info here ... http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-c ... lesection2

bubbles17

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Recently my MIL put me on to Dermalogica products as they have really done wonders on her skin. Although they made my skin look brighter and my pores less clogged, I decided to switch to ASAP this time around and I must say I really love the daily exfoliating wash. I am however not a fan of the daily moisturiser.
I can't imagine why dermalogica would not be safe when pregnant, I don't think it has anything in it that could cause probs. If you want recommendations from either product line, let me know. Also - order online.. I have a few good stores if you wanted their names as well.

chelle7

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:58 pm

bubbles17 wrote:

I can't imagine why dermalogica would not be safe when pregnant, I don't think it has anything in it that could cause probs.

Demalogica is not unsafe during pregnancy, but ANY skin care product containing salicylic acid is not recommended for use during pregnancy. I thought I should clarify in case ppl were confused by my earlier post! :-)
Last edited by chelle7 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Princess Juki

Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:20 pm

bubbles17 wrote:
Recently my MIL put me on to Dermalogica products as they have really done wonders on her skin. Although they made my skin look brighter and my pores less clogged, I decided to switch to ASAP this time around and I must say I really love the daily exfoliating wash. I am however not a fan of the daily moisturiser.
I can't imagine why dermalogica would not be safe when pregnant, I don't think it has anything in it that could cause probs. If you want recommendations from either product line, let me know. Also - order online.. I have a few good stores if you wanted their names as well.

Where do you order online??? I'm thinking about changing my skin care as well.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:55 am

chelle7 wrote:
I was using Dermalogica products before my wedding, but once I fell pregnant I stopped.

One of the ingredients was salicylic acid, which you're not supposed to use when pregnant. This is in quite a few products, like acne treatments and ingrown hair treatments. You can find out a bit more info here ... http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-c ... lesection2

Thanks chelle7, that was what I was thinking, but wasn't sure what the ingredient to look out for was.

bubbles17

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi,

I go to a few different websites, depending on what the Aussie dollar is doing as to whether strawberrynet is any good or not. I have never ordered from them, but I always check them out and when you find products that you really like you can get them in really large sizes for cheaper again.

MIL orders all of her dermalogica products from http://www.facialcompany.com.au and swears by them. She always asks for extra samples to be added in her order and from what I can see she gets lots of them! (either that or she orders too often!)

Another website i have found that sent me samples and did a skin consultation was secludedbeauty.com.au. The samples were free too, which was good.

I buy my ASAP products from http://www.activeskin.com.au, last time I ordered it was 103 dollars for the triple pack (cleanser, exfoilator & moisturiser) and included I got a soothing gel added in. Postage is quick too.. Order one day and most times it is on the doorstep the next day.

One of my friends orders from http://www.ry.com.au too. I haven't checked them out but apparently they are good and I know a discount code for 5% off.

Anwyay ladies, I hope this is helpful.

chelle7

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:02 pm

Dandelion wrote:
chelle7 wrote:

Thanks chelle7, that was what I was thinking, but wasn't sure what the ingredient to look out for was.

Glad I could help! :-)

There are so many "rules" about what you can and can't do when pregnant. It's a little overwhelming! I find it hard to work out what I should pay attention to and what is OTT!

OandC2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:06 pm

I previously used dermalogica religiously, but have switched to Simple now due to the Wedding Budget..!! and have found that this is just as good..

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm

:evil:
Last edited by Miss2Mrs on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle
Topic Author

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:10 pm

bubbles17 wrote:
Hi,

I go to a few different websites, depending on what the Aussie dollar is doing as to whether strawberrynet is any good or not. I have never ordered from them, but I always check them out and when you find products that you really like you can get them in really large sizes for cheaper again.

MIL orders all of her dermalogica products from http://www.facialcompany.com.au and swears by them. She always asks for extra samples to be added in her order and from what I can see she gets lots of them! (either that or she orders too often!)

Another website i have found that sent me samples and did a skin consultation was secludedbeauty.com.au. The samples were free too, which was good.

I buy my ASAP products from http://www.activeskin.com.au, last time I ordered it was 103 dollars for the triple pack (cleanser, exfoilator & moisturiser) and included I got a soothing gel added in. Postage is quick too.. Order one day and most times it is on the doorstep the next day.

One of my friends orders from http://www.ry.com.au too. I haven't checked them out but apparently they are good and I know a discount code for 5% off.

Anwyay ladies, I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for those links, those prices are fantastic! It was really hard to justify the cost of getting them from the beauticians, but those prices make it seem worth it. Now just to figure out what to tell my beauty therapist - "sorry, I bought them online!" lol

erp

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 pm

i usually buy my products from http://www.adorebeauty.com.au (they put chocolate in with your purchases- lol) and the products arrive really fast. i use some dermalogica products. i also use some other brands as well (like for eye moisturiser). i recently had a beautician spend about 30 mins telling me how horrible dermalogica products were (which i didnt appreciate). i dont think they're horrible! and i do find that they last well.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12