A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz
Topic Author

Weight Watchers

Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:52 pm

Has anyone used weight watchers before? I am considering joining as I need the help.

Any success/failure stories? Did it work for you?

Thanks! :D

BubS
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Weight Watchers

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:10 pm

I did WW Online and went great guns for about 8 weeks, lost about 7kg. Got to my goal weight and then kind of let things gradually slip back.. but thats mroe to do with my lack of motivation than the program itself.

The online option is great though! I didn't want to do the meetings, nor did I have the time, so it worked well for me (I just need help actually keeping it off) hehe

SapphireSunset
2 hearts beating as one
2 hearts beating as one

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:13 pm

I did it, went to one meeting just to buy the books and then I lost the weight on my own, 60kgs to be precise.
Of course I bought some of their meals & snacks too :)

goodluck ;)

LillyPie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:23 pm

I've done it before. I found the meetings good for keeping up motivation, as you had to weigh in, but the leader didn't always know that much about nutrition. And so many people there seemed to eat chocolate every day still?

But it's good for learning about portion sizes and stuff. My advice to you if you choose to go to weight watchers is to follow the program of healthy eating but to avoid all their food products they sell there. It's all over processed crap.

nomesy
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:50 pm

i did it with a mate a couple of years ago, and lost 15kgs in 3 months, i did really well.... but then lost motivation, and put most of it back on over the years... but if you stick to it, its really good!

Melr
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:53 pm

got to my goal weight with ww.. loved it and i have kept it off too :) just need to tone up a bit now

OandC2011
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 pm

Has anyone started the new propoints??

gail

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:26 pm

Yes I am doing ProPoints.

I was a member before so I found that a bit hard but you just need to forget what you knew before and just re-point everything. A lot of things cost you more points but then you get more.

I have found the higher daily points total a lot easier (it doesn't feel like you are starving yourself) not to mention you still have 49 weekly points to use. The more good foods you eat the harder you will find it to consume your daily total (which is always a good thing). I think the lowest you can be on is 29 so that's definitely a bargain.

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 pm

My blog posts about my WW experience :) very happy with it thus far

http://tails.co.za/2010/02/i-have-a-plan/

http://tails.co.za/2010/02/weight-lost/

I havent updated it in a while but I got down to 51.5kg at one point :)

helga106

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 pm

I'm thinking of joining back up for my wedding goal. I did it a year or 2 back and lost 10kg, but life got hard and I went off it... the weight came back.

It's all changed now apparently, this pro points thing. I think I need the meetings, so I am accountable to someone for a little while. I might just do the meetings once a month or something, until it gets closer to my wedding date.

HappyBeautifulBride

Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:58 pm

Weight Watchers is good at teaching you about portion sizes and helps you to choose healthier foods. I agree with LilyPie... watch out for their branded products as they are processed rubbish with very little nutritional value. Stick to whole foods like lean meats, fruits, veggies, low fat dairy and wholegrains. Good luck!!

Clare

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:08 pm

I just want to start by saying that I am so pleased for everyone that managed to lose weight on WW.

But I have to say -I don't get how people lose weight when I see the WW products in the supermarket. Chocolate brownies, 2 points each, and each bar is 37 per cent sugar. That is more than one third. Not even the delicious brownies I make at home contain that much sugar. What stops people from just spending their points on crap like this all day?

Sorry about my rant I just don't understand :P

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:11 pm

You would have to be an idiot to just eat the weight watchers food alone. Things like biscuits and brownies in the weight watchers brand are just made to be a "treat" or "cheat snack" when you feel the compulsion to eat something naughty. Instead of sticking you hands in the tim tam jar or eat a packet of starburst (my weak spot), at leat you are able to get your indulgence but also keep a track of the points.

I certainly don't eat much of their foods and I am doing the diet. The only thing I do eat is their Macadamia and Cranberry bars as I usually eat a muesli bar each day anyway, and at least its accurate in counting poins. Everything else I eat is based around fresh fruit, veg and meats.

All of those types of processed foods have sugars etc. Its just like any other thing you put in your mouth that comes out of a packet or jar.

But I am having my first weigh in tomorrow and already my DH has told me my stomach looks less bloated and I am feeling really good. So the concept behind weight watchers I think really does work, as long as you are strict with yourself. So much easier than doing the shakes diet (which I have also done and also stacked the weight back on).

millie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:00 am

I have done WW over and over again. They are fantastic. When I follow the program I always lose weight. Also, I've never 'gained it all back' I lost around 6kg, and every now and then put on 2 or 3 kg so that's when I pick up the books and count points again. I agree, eat the good fresh food. It changed my life in terms of portion sizes and in terms of choosing good foods / life long habbits. Now I always choose low fat dairy, no butter (my only exception is when eating vegemite), fresh carrot sticks and tzatziki or hummous as a snack, and make my own pasta sauce. that was the biggest eye opener- how unhealthy pasta sauce in a bottle is!

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:33 pm

I love WW! For those who hate carrying a notebook around with them to record points eaten, or are too lazy to record points (hehe) here is a cool Android app I found that is by far the best I've tried out:

http://www.canofsleep.com/wwdiary

https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... iary&hl=en (app page)

http://forum.canofsleep.com/WWDiary.pdf (user guide)

Now I can record my points without hassle and have no excuse 'cos my phone is always on my person wherever I go :P
GZIP: On | Load: 0.59