A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Your fave beauty product?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Just curious as to what everyones cant-live-without beauty product and/or beauty treatments are and why?
I have sooo many products in the bathroom that are more than three quarters full because they never deliver anywhere near what they promise, and now i'm just sick of wasting money!
Now I don't want to buy anything new unless it comes highly recommended :D
Also, feel free to give your beauty anti-rec :x

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Re: Your fave beauty product?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:59 pm

I absolutely LOVE the Rationale skincare products. I recommend them to everyone. Not cheap but so effective and you only use a little bit so it does last ages. Wouldn't use anything else now :D

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 pm

Great thread!

My personal faves..

Mary Kay timewise collection - I use these morning and night and my skin has never been better (eating oily fish and drinking lots of water helps too)
Pawpaw ointment - I buy the ones in the tube. I have one in my bag, one on the bedside table and FH has one in his workbag too
Maybelline mascara with the green lid and pink bottle... I've tried other brands and ones that 'lengthen your lashes' etc but they are all crap.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Oh I have been there and done that too! I shudder to think how much money I have thrown away like that... My tried and true products are...

Cleanser - angels on bare skin by lush in the evening, foaming cleanser by sukin in the morning.

Toner - breath of fresh air by lush at night, sukin in the am.

Moisturizer - clinique dramatically different gel at night and sukin in the am.

Eye cream - whatever free samples I get from clinique gift time and the sukin one in the morning.

Shower gel/lotion has to be palmers shower cream, I also use palmers coco body butter and magic feet products as well as their body gloss for special occasions

Hand cream - lush 'helping hands'

As you can see most of my choices are relatively affordable, I have tried a lot of things and found these worked best for me.

Are you after hair, nails, make up reccs as well?

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 pm

I should add my own :mrgreen:
My highly recommended faves are-*napoleon set pore perfecting primer*- skin feels like silk, makeup goes on much better and lasts way longer, even on my oily skin :D
and *joico K-pak reconstruct conditioner*- best conditioner i've ever tried, super silky soft hair you just wanna touch :heart:
My anti rec is- *ingrow go ingrown hair remover solution*- removed the skin(!!) and the ingrowns were still there!! :twisted:

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:22 pm

And yeah L.I.W, give us everything you got!

nic0985
QB ♥ BD
QB ♥ BD

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 am

missjedda wrote:
*napoleon set pore perfecting primer*- skin feels like silk, makeup goes on much better and lasts way longer, even on my oily skin

Really? Can I ask how much this is?? I love this thread...

My personal faves are:

Olay total effects foaming cleanser - great to use daily to wash off make up, helps keep pimples away too

Max factor false lash effect mascara - perfect for doe eyes, and the wand separates all the lashes rather than clumps, yaaay :heart:

St Ives vanilla body moisturiser - not too thick, makes my skin feel awesome, and strengthens nails to boot!

Maybelline mousse concealer - best I've found at covering blemishes and dark under eye circles, and totally hides damaged pores. Oh, and it comes in my shade of ghostly pale lol.

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:18 am

nic0985- the napoleon primer is about $35 at target, myer, DJ's and some pharmacies have it about $45. occassionally target have napoleon stuff 'buy one, 50% the second' sale, then i buy 2 :D
The good thing is you only need a tiny bit so it lasts for months!
And yeah totally makes pores seem to dissappear, it's def my fave product ever :heart:

Naradine
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:24 am

oh! Love this thread!

I dont have much to contribute, but this is my recs...

Palmers Coco Body Butter - moisturizer
Papaw Ointment - only thing I'll use on my lips
Witch Hazel - best and cheapest toner/cleanser/pimple fighter
Aveeno Hand Cream - best hand cream I've come across (have very dry hands that will bleed in winter)
Everyday Minerals - the only make up i'll use and that works (for me)

:heart:

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 am

missjedda wrote:
And yeah L.I.W, give us everything you got!

Ha you might regret that! See below my number one products! All tried and tested and things I buy as soon as they run out.

Make up recs...

Primer - I love Vani-T's Prime Time Capsules but find they are not really great value for money. As a result I have been sticking with a cheaper primer, Australis believe it or not, which is about $12.95 and IMHO lasts as well as Napoleons.

Concealer - Body Shop's Lightening Touch this is great for minor imperfections such as slightly dark circles, minor blemishes etc. I am lucky enough not to have more than this to cover but I am not sure it would be great for 'worse' imperfections.

Foundation - Clinique Superbalanced Makeup Oil Free I have battled with finding a decent foundation that is fair enough for my skin but not so pale it makes me look dead. This baby in Alabaster does the job. It provides great coverage and lasts a long time.

Powder - Clinique Almost Poweder Makeup SPF 15 - using this on top of the foundation makes my makeup stay all day. Its super light weight and does not irritate my skin at all. Once again lasts a long time.

Bronzer - Natio Mineral Pressed Bronzer - another bargain job and IMHO just as good as the Vani-T one I was using that cost twice as much. A good basic bronzer that is subtle and brushes on well. Also great for sensitive skin and best of all is only about $17.00.

More to come but this work computer starts going funny once I type about this much into the forum...

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:02 am

Cheek Colour - This one is a bit harder, I have two favourites so have to list them both! Brush on Radiance by The Body Shop - its just gorgeous! A lovely subtle fresh yet not overpowering colour, and the best thing is it can also be used to brush over the brow bone to belnd your eyeshadow as well.

and

Shimmer Waves by the Body Shop in Blush very similar product but a bit more pink - also available in bronze and used to be available in Peach, sadly discontinued :( I also use this on my eyes sometimes but I do not reccomend you use it alone as it can make your eyes look a bit red if it is used as the sole colour.

Eye shadows once again two favourites...

Physicians Formula Baked Collection Wet/Dry Shadows - use them wet for wonderful colour that does not crease througout the day. I use multiple 'layers' and it looks great. Lots of colour combos to choose between. I like 'Baked Oatmeal', 'Baked Sugar' and 'Baked Gingersnap'. You can easily pick this up for as little as $10 and they do last ages. This is my daytime shadow of choice.

A bit more exxy but wonderful dramatic colour - more suited to night generally as the colours are so intense - Body Shop Baked to Last Eye Colour. I especially love Moonstone.

Eye Liner - Body Shop without a doubt. Eyeliner tip - pull your lid 'outwards' and in a slant when closed to apply to get a better line. Eye Definer here.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 am

Mascara - This has been my biggest battle - and I always end up going back to Maxfactor Masterpiece it does not clog on my lashes and I find it is easier to apply than more expensive counterparts.

I also use a lot of other brands and products, especially when it comes to eye shadows but these are my favourites.

General plugs - most of the Physician Formula stuff is good. I used their powders etc quite happily for a long time and its very affordable. Body Shop Cosmetics are also great - honourable mention to the 'Baked to Last Blush' see here.... Finally, Vani T's Colour Crystals amazing colour and they look great! But very exxy especially if you are like me and like to layer up to three colours.

nic0985
QB ♥ BD
QB ♥ BD

Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 pm

missjedda wrote:
nic0985- the napoleon primer is about $35 at target, myer, DJ's and some pharmacies have it about $45. occassionally target have napoleon stuff 'buy one, 50% the second' sale, then i buy 2 :D
And yeah totally makes pores seem to dissappear, it's def my fave product ever :heart:

You have convinced me miss jedda! I'll be buying this for sure, thanks!

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:30 pm

nic0985 wrote:
missjedda wrote:

You have convinced me miss jedda! I'll be buying this for sure, thanks!

Me too! Sounds great. :D

Mine would be my Dermologica Dermal Clay Cleanser, not the cheapest products but fantastic and I notice a huge difference in my skin since using. And they do last a long time as you only need the smallest amount.

Other faves is a good hand cream, prob the Body shop hemp one.

tiffanyblue
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:42 pm

nic0985 wrote:
missjedda wrote:
*napoleon set pore perfecting primer*- skin feels like silk, makeup goes on much better and lasts way longer, even on my oily skin

Max factor false lash effect mascara - perfect for doe eyes, and the wand separates all the lashes rather than clumps, yaaay :heart:

I love this too! I nearly went out to try the new Maybelline Falsies one the other day though. Anyone tried it?

tiffanyblue
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Oh I meant to add, can we start an anti-rec beauty product thread? For all those beauty products you've tried but don't do what they say??

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 pm

Hells yeah we can! I'm sure everyone has splashed out on beauty products that turn out to be a total duds! so dissapointing! I will open a new thread now...

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:06 am

You know those frustrating Jericho kiosks?

Well, their face exfoliating wash does wonders for my psoriasis, I just with they werent so goddamn annoying.

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah I had one guy from the Jericho kiosk flag me down, GRAB MY HAND, and start putting product on it. It happened so fast but i went ballistic. I was like "you are a STRANGER, you do NOT TOUCH ME without my permission". Wow did he back away fast!

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - mixed with Aqueous cream

MD Forte II Cleanser

Dermalogica concealing spot treatment

Dermalogica Age Smart Antioxidant Hydramist

Dermalogica Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery

Dermalogica Gentle Exfoliating Cream

Napoleon Auto Pilot Primer