A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl
Topic Author

really bad acne

Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Does anyone have any recs for products for acne? I don't have a lot of it but it's really large lumpy, red spots on my neck. Exfoliating doesn't seen to work. I've tried creams from the chemist that supposedly dry it out but they don;t work very well. I'm thinking I might just need to go on antibiotics :(

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: really bad acne

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Hey sidonie - have you thought that maybe your hair products or shampoo/conditioner may be the cause? I find this sometimes happens to me when I change my hair products.

Anyway - I totally recommend Dermalogica MediBac Clearing Concealing Spot Treatment for these types of pimples or alternatively Benzac 2.5 of 5%.

weasel_bear

Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:58 pm

get some facials or have a few microbrassions. it may help. :D

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl
Topic Author

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi SnappySarzie,

I'm not sure, it seems to be seasonal (i.e. in the summer) so I think it might be related to sweat etc but I might try changing my shampoo and see what happens.

Thanks for the tips. I've tried Benzac..It seems to work for white heads but not the big red lumpy ones (ew)...but i'll definately give Dermalogica a go, thanks :)

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:06 pm

sidonie wrote:
Hi SnappySarzie,

I'm not sure, it seems to be seasonal (i.e. in the summer) so I think it might be related to sweat etc but I might try changing my shampoo and see what happens.

Thanks for the tips. I've tried Benzac..It seems to work for white heads but not the big red lumpy ones (ew)...but i'll definately give Dermalogica a go, thanks :)

Ok - well definitely try the Dermalogica one - i've found it great on the big sore lumpy ones - takes the pain away and will either bring it out or otherwise dry it up and disappear - I love it. It can be quite tricky to get the consistency right at first - give it a really good shake and only tap a tiny dot of it on. I got mine from skincarestore - alot cheaper there.

~Maz~

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:36 pm

I was going to suggest Dermalogica too! I used to have pretty bad skin and within weeks of switching to it, my skin was sooo much clearer. I still have the odd breakout but they are fewer, further in between and so much more manageable!

Good luck!

Slavisa

Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:37 pm

Have you considered seeing a dermatologist?

I have been on roaccutane for about 6 months, you can see my amazing progress here: http://domesticdivinity.blogspot.com/20 ... pdate.html

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl
Topic Author

Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:45 pm

I've thought about it but the side effects have me worried. My skin is very pale as is so any sunburn reeeallly hurts..and i cant afford my hair to thin any more either. I checked out your blog tho! Nice work! And you have beautiful eyes!

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:10 pm

I was also going to recommend Dermologica. It isnt cheap but sooo worth it. My skin was awful but since using their products, I've ( and even some friends) have commented how good my skin is looking. Not nearly as red and don't get any breakouts. I know they have a good body wash selection.
I would also get something from the Dr, I went on some antibiotics for my skin and really helped settle it down.

peterjohns

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:19 pm

Zinc, Vitamin A, B & E, echinacea, thyme and tea tree oil can cure acne. Vitamin B complex can improve your acne dramatically.

Or you can make a paste of neem leaves with turmeric powder. Apply on affected area. Wash it off after 20-30 minutes with lukewarm water. This is a good cure of acne.

Drinking of wheatgrass juice may remove acne.

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:37 pm

Second Zinc supplements!

Kazbah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Also try the facial cleanser by A.S.A.P. You can only buy from some clinics/salons and also online. I usually buy mine online (skincarestore).

I had really bad acne too and I love A.S.A.P. It doesn't get all foamy when you apply it to your face, but it leaves your skin feeling and looking really soft. It has helped my acne and never leaves my skin dry or oily. Just perfect soft skin.

I would try it before going on medication.....and if it doesn't work talk to your doc about antibiotics or the pill.

Good luck!

sidonie
Little Miss Pearl
Little Miss Pearl
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:31 pm

wow cool :) thanks for all the ideas guys! I'm on a roll!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Bride Bec wrote:
I was also going to recommend Dermologica. It isnt cheap but sooo worth it. My skin was awful but since using their products, I've ( and even some friends) have commented how good my skin is looking. Not nearly as red and don't get any breakouts. I know they have a good body wash selection.

Another vote here. I tried Proactive first (*thumbs down*) and then Dermaologica 2nd in the lead up to my wedding - dermalogica was fantastic, did wonders for my skin, especially in combination with microderms from my beautician.

BecMay

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:10 pm

I have acne that seems to get worse when I'm stressed about something so now I'm even more worried thinking about how the wedding stress will take its' toll on my skin. I get those red ones on my shoulders and back too and I've gone and bought a strapless dress :(

So I was thinking about getting some antibiotics, I haven't taken them just for skin, just noticed when I've taken them for something else my skin cleared up too. Does anyone know if I have to see a Dr to get antibiotics and what I should be asking for? And how soon before the wedding I should start taking them and for and for how long?

I'll get some of that dermarolgica too for good measure. Tried proactive but it was too harsh on my skin, almost painful

bronzestar
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:15 pm

I have just started using Clinique for my skin. I am having issues with allergies so I chose Clinique as it is allergy tested.

Here's hoping- will keep you posted.

BecMay- I believe you will have to talk to your doctor about antibiotics as it will need to be prescribed.

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Just ask your Dr for antibiotics for your acne - he may give you differin cream as well as a tetracycline based antibiotic.

I totally recommend Oxy Body Wash for body acne (it's meant to be for "men" but I use it work's a treat especially after the gym).

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:00 pm

Excuse me butting in but would the ladies who rec Dermalogica please specify which products? Cheers! :)

SnappySarzie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:05 am

missjedda wrote:
Excuse me butting in but would the ladies who rec Dermalogica please specify which products? Cheers! :)

Hey Jedda

I recommend the Daily Microfoliant (I mix it with either aqueous cream or cetaphil cleanser), Age Smart Antioxidant Hydramist, Age Smart Multivitamin Powerfirm for eyes, Age Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery Moisturiser, Dermalogica Medibac Clearing Concealing Spot Treatment, Age Smart Multivitamin Power Recovery Mask, Gentle Cream Exfoliant, the Age Smart Thermofoliant is good too. I am not sure why but the Age Smart stuff works wonders on my acne prone skin, whereas I only use one thing from their Medibac range which is meant to be for acne. I don't really like their cleansers but if I was to use one it would be the Age Smart resurfacing cleanser.

I should also add I don't work for them lol I just use a lot of their products these days! :D

Jessiebelle

Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:41 am

Hi Sindone, I've never had acne as such but I use Clinique Anti Blemish 3 step program and found that it really cleared my skin. It is a little expensive and took maybe a month to see the change but I think they are great products!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18