A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Re: May Weight loss!

Mon May 09, 2011 1:21 pm

BuzzyBeeDee wrote:
Good effort alwayz_shopping! :)

I'm having a lot of negative thoughts about myself. I really want to lose about 10kg before the wedding but haven't been feeling motivated and then I'm beating myself up about being lazy which just makes me feel worse...I keep thinking to myself 'geez, if you can't even get fit for one of the biggest days of your life, looks like you're always going to be overweight'...like, what happens when I have a baby and stuff? I don't want to 'let myself go' :/

Hey Buzzy,

I know the feeling, but its so important to try and get in a different frame of mind, because thats the thing thats holding you back.
Try just to set yourself little goals cause once you start to acheive them you will start feeling better. If you struggle to work out everyday make a plan just to work out 2 days, then 3 then 4 etc.
And dont beat yourself up if you have a bad day, we all have bad days, just start again like it never happened!

BuzzyBeeDee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 09, 2011 8:16 pm

Ok, this is going to sound a little bit lame. I'm a teeny bit proud of myself right now. See, I figured I'd start my new exercise plan today, but I had to download the videos first and for some weird reason they are taking forever (like 5 hours for a half hour video) so I was just going to start tomorrow instead. But then I decided to get off my butt and start today because I don't really have any excuse not to, so I got out my exercise bike and did 30mins (14km) and the bike says I burnt 320 calories. It's not much, but at least I did something today :)

cloudie
Mrs Awesome!
Mrs Awesome!

Mon May 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Had my weigh in at Weight-Watchers tonight, I lost 1.1 kgs. I'm pretty happy with myself.

I hurt my back at the gym a few weeks ago (Sciatic nerve :evil:) so I haven't been in a while. But its been feeling good, and since FH left yesterday for police college, there is no one to come home to, so I have gone back to the gym properly.

10 minute uphill walk on the treadmill and then 40 minute weights circuit. Plus I barely ate today because some stupid children decided to have a fight!

Anyway, I was just going to have soup and toast for dinner, as I had some pasta at lunch, but I was really, really hungry, and thought if I had soup, I was definitely going to get stuck into the bikkies that FH had left. So I thought I would get a frozen meal. Looked at the size of them and figured it was a waste of money, so went and grabbed some of the heat in the pocket rice, some chicken breast and vegies and whipped up a satay chicken. So I am fully stuffed and very happy!

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 pm

BuzzyBeeDee nice work... 320 is a good little workout... if u can do that a few times a week u are set...

cloudie YAY!!!!! good work knowing you would be tempted.... id throw out those biccies!!!

I just got back from 2 hour dance class and I had a mostly egg white frittata for dinner so i feel amazing!!

weigh in tomorrow. i am really hoping to have lost something!!!

BuzzyBeeDee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 10:00 am

Cloudie, 1.1kg is a great loss, good on you :)

2 hours of dancing must have been pretty tiring tarz, good workout though :) FH and I do ballroom classes on Saturdays but they are only 45mins (I rekon Waltz is actually one of the harder dances, usually gets my heart rate up).

I need to push myself to eat more veg. Weird thing is, I really like veggies but for the most part just can't seem to be bothered to actually prepare them. I have leftover steamed carrots and green beans from the roast I made mum on Sunday though, yay :) I really like the salads at Sumo Salad as well, but they're so expensive :/ However, chicken and barley soup is on the menu two nights this week so at least I'll be able to get lots of veg in there. Probably only good thing about winter is being able to eat lots of soup hehe :)

Redkimstar

Tue May 10, 2011 10:16 am

Things here going ok... Didn't have a great weekend food wise, but am back on track this week and had personal training and netball yesterday, so feeling very energetic! Haven't weighed in again yet, will most likely do it towards the end of the week so I don't get discouraged :D

kyles79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 11:22 am

So my weight loss journey just went to an all time HIGH this morning!!!
Scary but good........rang my dressmaker, and I have until the 2nd week in August to lose my weight, as thats when I have to get my alterations done!!!
So that is 12 ish weeks......aghhhhh so doable, if I am strong, comitted, and focused!!!
So weight this am 69.1kg..........would love to be 62kg.....so 7.1KG to go!!!

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Wed May 11, 2011 9:21 am

Kyles, that's a very achievable goal and will definitely give you some focus!!

Not much going on with me, 2 days off from gym due to muscle soreness and a strained ligament in my foot, but I will go back tonight. I have set myself a goal of doing the 10km Ipswich Park to Park on July 31st, so that is what I will be working towards. I find just focusing on losing weight is so god damn boring, so I am setting goals for running which will help me lose weight anyway. Still watching what I eat, but I have been a bit naughty this week. Best to stop that now before it becomes a habit :roll: . Hoping to have a good day getting on top of assignments today so I can go to gym tonight!!

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Wed May 11, 2011 9:56 am

hi all, doing good so far this week, walked to the shops on sunday, about 45 minutes each way, did bikram yoga on monday and last night- 1.5 hour classes, does anyone else do bikram here?? its awesome!!

tonight i will go for a bike ride i think, i just have to get some motivation cause its SO COLD outside!!! but theres a big hilly bit of road near me thats good to ride on that should keep me warm.

any other girls use calorieking.com.au by any chance? I have been using it for years and its amazing!

Tarz84

Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 am

buggy wrote:
hi all, doing good so far this week, walked to the shops on sunday, about 45 minutes each way, did bikram yoga on monday and last night- 1.5 hour classes, does anyone else do bikram here?? its awesome!!

tonight i will go for a bike ride i think, i just have to get some motivation cause its SO COLD outside!!! but theres a big hilly bit of road near me thats good to ride on that should keep me warm.

any other girls use calorieking.com.au by any chance? I have been using it for years and its amazing!

I really want to try Bikram Yoga... I am scared I may pass out lol is it really that hot in there??

and YES I love love love CK ..

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Wed May 11, 2011 10:27 am

Tarz84 wrote:
I really want to try Bikram Yoga... I am scared I may pass out lol is it really that hot in there??

and YES I love love love CK ..

Hey Tarz!

I was terrified before I went as well! but its not that bad, on my first class I didnt even notice the heat cause I was too focused on trying to do the poses right! hehe.

It is pretty hot (sometimes -it depends how many people are in the room, and what sort of day its been, I find winter classes tend to be cooler as the room doesnt heat up as much from the windows etc.) but I personally have never felt sick or anything in class, but you can just sit down if its getting too much and you should be fine!

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Wed May 11, 2011 11:19 am

Not going too well this week, been working out but i have also been picking too much at food.
Now i am sick again so i gave the gym a miss today, will have to do some extra tomorrow to make up for it.

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Wed May 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi Girls

I haven't posted in here yet but have been following your posts regularly :) Would you mind if I joined in (even though we're almost in mid-May 8O can you believe it?!)? I was happy with the weight I was on our wedding day but not thrilled.. I started WW about 10 months before the wedding at 82kg and got down to 78kg (which my leader set as my goal weight) and then stopped going.. 4kg loss just wasn't enough to really motivate me..and so I bounced back up to 81kg very quickly and sat there until the wedding :( then honeymoon pushed me up to 84kg - the heaviest I have EVER been! and I have managed to get myself back to just under 82 without doing too much.. but my all time goal is to get to 72kg (I am 179cm tall and this is within my healthy weight range according to WW). I would like to do this properly but without going overboard and then not being able to maintain it.. so I have started using CK instead of the WW online tool, I am trying to stick to my 20 point allowance that I was on during my time at WW (OLD points system) and do some exercise each day (35 min walk to the train station or 30 mins dancing with WII game) but I am just not seeing much change.. I lost 2.5kg in my first week at WW and now I am lucky to see 200g shift off... :( I'm thinking it is my exercise that is the problem not my food.. I probably need to do double the amount to shift the weight. I just can't afford a gym membership right now. I would LOVE to have an exercise buddy (which was meant to be DH but he chickened out) but I have no friends in my area.. I feel like my mum (who we are living with while our house is being built) is really starting to notice that I am heavier at the moment which makes me feel like crud..I catch her looking at my waist sometimes and I just know what she is thinking..

I just want to cry and cry and cry right now..

Does anyone know what 20 points equates to in calories so I can set my daily limit in CK?

Hopefully your ladies' successes will keep me motivated. Oh geeze, sorry for such a long post.. :lol:

Tarz84

Wed May 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Mrs Manco wrote:
Hi Girls

I haven't posted in here yet but have been following your posts regularly :) Would you mind if I joined in (even though we're almost in mid-May 8O can you believe it?!)? I was happy with the weight I was on our wedding day but not thrilled.. I started WW about 10 months before the wedding at 82kg and got down to 78kg (which my leader set as my goal weight) and then stopped going.. 4kg loss just wasn't enough to really motivate me..and so I bounced back up to 81kg very quickly and sat there until the wedding :( then honeymoon pushed me up to 84kg - the heaviest I have EVER been! and I have managed to get myself back to just under 82 without doing too much.. but my all time goal is to get to 72kg (I am 179cm tall and this is within my healthy weight range according to WW). I would like to do this properly but without going overboard and then not being able to maintain it.. so I have started using CK instead of the WW online tool, I am trying to stick to my 20 point allowance that I was on during my time at WW (OLD points system) and do some exercise each day (35 min walk to the train station or 30 mins dancing with WII game) but I am just not seeing much change.. I lost 2.5kg in my first week at WW and now I am lucky to see 200g shift off... :( I'm thinking it is my exercise that is the problem not my food.. I probably need to do double the amount to shift the weight. I just can't afford a gym membership right now. I would LOVE to have an exercise buddy (which was meant to be DH but he chickened out) but I have no friends in my area.. I feel like my mum (who we are living with while our house is being built) is really starting to notice that I am heavier at the moment which makes me feel like crud..I catch her looking at my waist sometimes and I just know what she is thinking..

Does anyone know what 20 points equates to in calories so I can set my daily limit in CK?

Hopefully your ladies' successes will keep me motivated. Oh geeze, sorry for such a long post.. :lol:

Dont be sad.... I am sure you look bootiful!!

CK should set the recommended cals for you... with WW i was on 16 points and with ck I am 1200 cals... so maybe 1500 cals???

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Wed May 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Mrs Manco wrote:
Hi Girls

Hey There,

for an average woman to loose weight she needs to eat 1200 calories, with 1500 to maintain the weight, so stick to 1200 if you can.
I know what you mean about wanting an exercise buddy, sometimes you just need someone to dag you out there to get going, but hopefully we can help you out on here =)

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Wed May 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Oh wow hun! I wish you could see yourself how other see you!

I looked at your wedding pics and i am pretty sure i even said it on there, I hope i look as good on my wedding day as you did on yours! you look beaming and gorgeous!!!

And Tarz is right, 1200 cals should see you loosing weight in no time!! Try to do something every day, weather its a walk, some lunges/squats at home or something.

Mrs Manco
Lucky in love and life
Lucky in love and life

Wed May 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks so much for your support ladies :D It means a lot.. I think I'm just one of those people who needs a heap of support when I'm going through this, not a heap of people asking me questions and judging me.. aka WW (I think it was just my centre)..

Anyway, I will check in on Friday and let you know how I went this week :) I'll have to make sure I get moving with the Wii because I won't be working Thurs and Fri (due to playing nurse for DH after he gets 2 wisdoms out :( poor little thing!).

I was thinking about getting the Zumba game for Wii.. Does anyone do Zumba? Any recs for DVD v's game?

Thanks again! :heart:

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Wed May 11, 2011 2:22 pm

hmmm never does Zumba.. but speaking of wii.. I have the your shape game, its awesome!

BuzzyBeeDee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 11, 2011 7:54 pm

EA Sports Active 2 on PS3 is pretty good as well, since you don't have to hold any controllers to do it, unlike the Wii version :) I also have Just Dance 2 on Wii which is pretty fun. I never get around to using it these days though...if you want my copy I'd be happy to send it to you.

Meanwhile, I did day 1 of the free 'Sexy Summer Body' plan from Exercise TV today. I thought it was pretty good, I definitely got my heart rate up and was huffing and puffing :) Day 1 had a 20 minute 'sweat workout' and a 10min abs workout. I quite enjoyed the sweat workout, the abs one was just average cos I thought there were probably more effective exercise that the guy could have done, but I liked it anyway :) Plus, I haven't had a single snack since coming home this arvo, yay!

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Wed May 11, 2011 11:33 pm

MM, don't be disheartened - that's the worst place to start, it doesn't help you achieve anything!! Make positive changes to your diet/exercise and know you are doing something. A 200g loss is still a loss!

To lose weight, stick to about 1200-1300 calories. Make sure this doesn't incorporate a whole lot of starchy carbs, but try and stick to lean protein, heaps of vegies, some fruit, low fat (and limited sugar) dairy. I have carbs - from rye bread, oats, sometimes brown rice, and usually in the morning (breakfast/morning tea)

try doing resistance training - use your body weight if you don't have anything else!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.2