A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Eilonwy
Topic Author

Brides... what has your beauty regime been for the wedding?

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 pm

So I want to look as great as possible... I've spoken to my dentist about getting my teeth whitened, I'm growing my hair (will be getting clip in extensions) and going to an expensive hairdresser to maintain it until the wedding, getting treatments etc, going to the gym, monitoring what I eat, I've swiched to skincare that is noncomedogenic and natural (as I had lots of breakouts when it was hot last year and I'm a bit frightened because it will be hot when I have my wedding) - ditto with makeup not wearing foundation anymore for the same reason... I wax my eyebrows professionally and do all of my other waxing myself except underarms (not sure if I should start waxing my underarms because they always look dark even though there is no hair there?)

On the day I plan on getting false eyelashes as well as my makeup done

But I can't think of anything else... I need inspiration... so ladies what are you doing to prepare yourself and make yourself look lovely on the big day?

nutty2b
♥ Tartface ♥
♥ Tartface ♥

Re: Brides... what has your beauty regime been for the wedding?

Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Biggest two for me. Which are simple- HEAPS(!!!!!!!) of water. Fixes everything and wearing a conditioning and repairing lip balm. My lips are always dry.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:03 pm

I had dermal infusions starting about 4 months out from the wedding. It worked wonders, especially after all the electrolysis I had had over the last 3 years. My skin was so soft and like new. I also had a few microdermabrasion treatments.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:30 pm

nutty2b wrote:
Biggest two for me. Which are simple- HEAPS(!!!!!!!) of water. Fixes everything and wearing a conditioning and repairing lip balm. My lips are always dry.

BOTH things i need to do!!!!

Eilonwy
Topic Author

Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 pm

Omg that's one thing I am really bad with... drinking water. Ok I had better get started on that!!!

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Well, i started back at the gym last year in prep for the wedding and also my 30th, and have toned up and lost 9kg. :D
Also have a series of microdermabrasion facials booked, had one and have 3 to go.
I have been growing my fringe out to give me a nice side swept style, but i wanted to do that anyway.
I have an appt for a laser (not IPL) brazilian and underarm treatment a couple of weeks before, as this makes the hair just fall out after 2 weeks so i'll be smooth and shadow free right through the honeymoon :D
I will also have to do something with my crappy chef nails- an extreme manicure or whatever. I don't really want acrylics cos i'll have to take them off 3 weeks after anyway when i go back to work.
And lastly, I will be using the 'whiteglo' express whitening gel leading up to the day. This stuff is great i have used it a few times over the years and it's so damn cheap!

I also promised myself that this winter i will keep on drinking heaps of water and moisturising thoroughly cos every year by the end of winter my skin is pasty, dry and dehydrated. It's not working out so well though :oops:

scootie

Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:15 pm

here here with the water! getting 2 litres in a day is doing WONDERS for my skin!

for those doing microdermabrasion - what are the main benefits and what kind of cost?

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:37 pm

microderm is like a really good exfoliation, gets rid of the dull and rough bits and really makes your skin look more refined and clear. also feels awesomely soft and silky! supposed to get rid of blackheads too.
I talked to the woman who runs the spa where i'm going and told her what i wanted and cos i would pay upfront in full, she made a package deal of 3 microdermabrasion treatment facials plus a relaxation massage for $300, which was actually a pretty huge saving off the spa menu price. I definitely recommend talking to your day spa about a custom tailored package, i was surprised how flexible they were :D

Eilonwy
Topic Author

Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:30 am

You can also get DIY microdermabrasion kits. I used one when I was using Nutrimetics and it was great. I am thinking of doing it again but trying a different brand (not that it was bad at all was actually pretty good). I don't know if DIY is as good as spa or not but I found it to be enough. You have to follow the instructions to the letter though because if you use it too much you can break out. I will probably get some professional facials leading up to the day.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:52 am

I've getting my first personalised facial this weekend, i want to go once a month ntil the wedding so I will discuss with them what my best options are.

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Hmmmm I never drink enough water..... My wedding is only 3 weeks away - have I left my run too late or should I start drinking like 7 litres of water a day every day for the next 3 weeks to make up for it ha ha - I will try and drink more though (I just tend to forget all about it!!)

astrogirl

Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:43 pm

missjedda - tell me more about the laser hair removal? It sounds good - have you had it done before??? Is it safe and does it work???

missjedda
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:38 pm

astrogirl wrote:
missjedda - tell me more about the laser hair removal? It sounds good - have you had it done before??? Is it safe and does it work???

It most definitely works, way better then IPL!! I've had it a few years ago, I had 5 treatments on my bikini line and it never grew back. It was quite expensive then though and I only splurged because waxing and shaving gave me horror ingrowns in that area. It has come down in price now though, and 3 weeks before my wedding in august i had an underarms and full brazilian treatment. It doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as a wax and is probably quicker too. You shave the area first, then after the treatment, the hair keeps growing out for about a week and then just starts to shed and falls out, leaving your skin nice and smooth. I never had to shave my underarms and had a nice smooth brazilian for my whole honeymoon :wink: The only bummer is it works best on dark hair/fair skin, so if you have pale hair or dark skin its not really recommended, and you can't be overly tanned either, even fake tan. you can always tan afterward though. hope that helps!

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:11 pm

Water, waxing & yoga!

The yoga helps to destress, which helps keep the pimples & chocolate cravings at bay, the water for obvious reasons & well, the waxing speaks for itself!

anaestmia

Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Daily skin bleaching ( I want to glow).
Treating my hair a bit better.
Started taking biotin.
3 daily scrubs with whitening tooth past and mouthwash.
The usual attempt at weight loss.

I will probably wear fake lashes on the day. And my wedding date hasn't even been set.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm

All my beauty stuff is DIY Hehe. I can't afford professional stuff right now except for waxing. I cleanse and exfoliate every two or three days. I don't moisterise often. I used to cleanse and moisterise every day for like a year but it actually made my skin look worse. Wash your face often! Just with water, it helps get rid of the oils that build up through the day. I do a lush face mask as often as directed. I do a pantene hair treatment once a week and I use an Afro comb to comb conditioner through my hair and leave it in for about ten minutes in the shower. I also use the white glow system with good results! Beauty stuff is pretty personal though, the same things won't work for everyone.

magpieC
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:37 pm

My wedding is still 18 months away, so the one thing I've started doing so far is being really careful about using sunscreen every time I'm spending more than a couple of minutes in the sun. I don't want odd tan lines on the day & if I get in to the habit now it shouldn't be a problem nearer the date.

muffymuffin

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:04 pm

Awesome tips here, thanks guys! :D

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 20, 2012 4:30 pm

I went to Laser Clinics and they put me on a regime of glycolic scrubs and vitamin A/vitamin C lotion mix.
I hope this will give me great looking skin!
It's only been two weeks so appearance-wise I have not noticed any change, but my skin feels significantly smoother and softer which I attribute to the glycolic scrub

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Hey guys, awesome ideas and comments on here!
My question: How long before the wedding should i get everything waxed? I have never waxed my legs before so was thinking of doing it so i dont need to worry about shaving on my honeymoon. Has anyone waxed their underarms - does it hurt like hell? I was going to get bikini and eyebrows done about 3 days before. When should i get my legs done?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.52