A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Brides... what has your beauty regime been for the wedding?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:24 pm

adrienne wrote:
Hey guys, awesome ideas and comments on here!
My question: How long before the wedding should i get everything waxed? I have never waxed my legs before so was thinking of doing it so i dont need to worry about shaving on my honeymoon. Has anyone waxed their underarms - does it hurt like hell? I was going to get bikini and eyebrows done about 3 days before. When should i get my legs done?

How quickly does your hair grow? I could give would say about the same because I want you want to let your skin settle after it has been waxed and before your big day.

Laura&Finn

Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:50 pm

If you've never waxed your body before, start waxing about 6 months out, being generous. The longer you're waxing, the more your skin will be used to it, you'll find out if you get reactions etc, plus, the longer someone has been waxing, the easier it is to get EVERY hair. Also, if you're getting a fake tan, I suggest you get waxed about 5 days out, to give your skin a chance to calm down.

I'll be getting weekly facials from 3 months out, stopping a week before the wedding. I already wax and give myself pedi's and mani's fortnightly so I'll keep them going. I'll be getting a hair treatment every fortnight to 3 weeks from 3 months out too. I'll probably get a few body wraps for a few weeks before the wedding too.

Home things that I'll be doing is drinking 2L every day, avoiding carbs for a week before the wedding, inhaling Hair, Skin & Nails tablets like tic tac's and eating a lot of brocolli, beans, bok choy and spinach and finally, exercising like a mad woman hehe

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:21 pm

Guess i might stick with shaving then! haha. Never ever waxed my legs before and only got 3 months left to go! I have tried to grow my legs hairs long enough before but i get the s#*ts usually and just shave them. I normally shave twice per week. I have considered getting a facial, but never done it. I probably should look into as im not happy with my skin currently. I was thinkking of doing those body wraps too. has anyone with "bumps" tried them or are they only really for people with an already flat stomach?

Laura&Finn

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:21 pm

3 months out would be fine, the longer the better, but 3 months is still plenty of time =)
If you have never had a facial, have one a few weeks before the wedding at the latest, they can make people break out if their skin is not used to it. I'm a size 16 atm with a bit of a belly, but I have body wraps, looove them! Fairly confronting getting your boobs out in front of someone tho with them rubbing products into them haha :?

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:27 am

I have booked an appointment with a "spa place" to talk about options for facials for thursday night :D . I will see if i can stand not shaving for long enough to get a wax done haha. I've beentold about 1cm long is that correct? Thanks for the heads up on the wraps! I might try get an at home kit maybe - surely it cant be that hard!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:35 pm

2 major things. Facial scrub 3x weekly and 2L of water per day. Both things did wonders for clearing my skin. I highly recommend Sukin brand.

Laura&Finn

Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:41 am

Yay that's exciting for tomorrow night Adrienne! Facials are fannnntastic! Keep us posted on how you go =)
Yeah depending on the area, underarms and bikini line can be about half a cm (face even less), but legs or actual arms need to be at the very least half a cm, that's providing hot wax is used on your underarms not strip (ps, I believe hot wax is better for more sensitive areas with deeper rooted, more course hair, don't let them come at you with strip for underarms or bikini line) You get used to being hairy for a fortnight when the rewards are so worth it haha

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:09 am

I do not have a lot of spare money for beauty stuff..but these are some things I am doing:

Drinking at least 2L of water a day
Exercise daily
Eating as clean as possible
Having a regular hair cut (trim) every 6 weeks
Cleanse and moisturize face daily with ASAP daily face cleanser, and simple everyday moisturizer & exfoliate once a week.
Using a hair treatment/deep conditioning masque once a week instead of conditioner
I will also have a deep cleansing facial about a month before the wedding to remove any blackheads etc

I find that when my diet and exercise plan is in check - my skin generally looks very fresh.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3