A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Re: August Weight Loss Thread

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:25 pm

cj2011 wrote:
my head is pounding! :oops: day 1 of this detox always does this then by day 3 I feel so awesome... Just have to ride out day 1 of no caffeine!! you dont realise how much of an addict you are until you stop! and I generally only have 1 a day and one decaf!!!

Your a better woman than me!! I love my mid afternoon cup of tea!!

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:16 am

ohh I cant sleep if I have caffeine after lunch... im such a dork.. hehehe. I do lovely my morning cup of tea though :D I make chai tea. yummy.

I have done yoga 3 days in a row now, I am so proud. I am aiming for 3 yoga and 3 gym per week. doing well so far.

Bec*
Formally known as BridetoBe*77*

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 am

buggy wrote:
I have done yoga 3 days in a row now, I am so proud. I am aiming for 3 yoga and 3 gym per week. doing well so far.

That's impressive! I used to do yoga occasionally at the gym, but I stopped going and now I haven't got the courage to go back. Don't ask me why, but classes scare me. But I always felt so great after it. It really works the muscles but makes you feel lean. I should go back one day.

AFM, I have an annoying headache that has been around since Sunday. I think i have done something funny to my neck or back which is causing the headache, because they are a bit sore too. I will have to call my osteo and get an appointment to fix it. No gym work for me until it's fixed!

We had a nice healthy dinner last night, grilled fish and vegies. I asked DH to pick up some lemons on the way home, and he also got a 6 pack of cinnamon doughnuts. I thought about eating one but stayed strong, and remembered that I really want to be thin, and it's these moments that I have to say no.

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:44 pm

I started on the treadmill for an hour a day, starting yesterday. I can't push past 300-350 calories though. Dissapointed! I wanted to be burning 600 a day but I don't see it happening now.

ETA I should say my ultimate goal would be 30 kgs but I'd be happy with 10 kgs between now and the wedding which is 7 months away.

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:01 pm

you joined us!
is the calorie counter built into the treadmill? they are a bit dodgy so you may have burnt more :D anyway they say weight loss is more about diet than exercise so if you can try to eat right and can burn 300 calories a day I think you will do really well
10kg before the wedding is very do-able. good luck !

Balls

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 pm

Haha yay! Well I'll try my best anyways and see what happens. I just find it so hard to get into the right mind set. Constantly thinking about what I eat stresses me out so badly!

Just wondering, has anyone used a protein powder called WPC? My partner has a giant bag of it so I thought I'd start stealing some :lol:

beckstar2012
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Jessie, buggy is right, if you are watching what you eat and are exercising you will start noticing a weight loss. I have never "dieted" as such I just cut out the crap and exercised about 3-4 times a week and lost 10kgs. Don't let it stress you out too much, 10kgs in 7 months is very achievable :D

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:13 pm

yep I agree thats exactly the right attitude, dont tell yourself you are on a diet, just start making healthier choices :D

bubbles22

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:05 pm

I have my dress fitting tomorrow morning, so it's time to see if all my hard work over the last 6 months has paid off!

Bec*

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:13 pm

bubbles22 wrote:
I have my dress fitting tomorrow morning, so it's time to see if all my hard work over the last 6 months has paid off!

How exciting! Good luck, I'm sure all your hard work will have paid off :D

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:01 pm

bubbles22 wrote:

How exciting! Enjoy the feeling! :D And take pics :wink:

Bec*

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:29 am

I had a birthday dinner last night and didn't choose the best food. Feeling a little guilty now, but straight back to healthy eating today!

cj2011
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

Couldnt help but weigh myself.. so addicted to the scales :oops: BUT... 69kgs on Monday down to 68.1kgs this morning. Pretty happy with that in three days. I jumped off the detox as I couldnt handle the headaches but still eating relatively cleanly! I just cant not have coffee :roll:
Made a great dinner last night and thought I would share, lentil and brown rice patties!

Rinse a tin of lentils and add
cooked brown rice,
chopped red onion,
chopped spinach
and some curry powder and any other indian spices you have,
1 TBS flour,
one egg and
salt and pepper to taste.

I gave it a bit of a whizz in the food processor to bring it together then rolled it in a bit of flour and cooked them in a pan with a little olive oil...DELICIOUS served on a bed of baby spinach with some chutney or tzatziki!! nom nom nom...

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 am

BrideToBe*77* wrote:
I had a birthday dinner last night and didn't choose the best food. Feeling a little guilty now, but straight back to healthy eating today!

ooh dont feel guilty, we all need to indulge every now and then or its too hard, plus its good for your metabolism to have a "cheat day'' every now and then! as you said just get back on track the next day!

Bec*

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:53 pm

buggy wrote:
BrideToBe*77* wrote:

ooh dont feel guilty, we all need to indulge every now and then or its too hard, plus its good for your metabolism to have a "cheat day'' every now and then! as you said just get back on track the next day!

Thanks Buggy, that's probably good advice! :D

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:33 am

hehe I hope so, it keeps me sane, I love my 'day off' every saturday or sunday.
I find I usually make fairly healthy choices anyway and dont stress out about it.

Off to the gym again tonight. I am going to weigh myself at the end of next week I have decided.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:15 pm

No gym for me today, I have done 10 workouts in 12 days and i am so sick so i missed it. BUt i will try and go in the morning as i think we are going out for dinner tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is going well!!

tarwon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:37 pm

I still haven't managed to weigh in this month. I guess I'll do it Tuesday now (definitely don't want to weigh in over the weekend!!)

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:49 am

oooh wow manda look at your ticker you are so close to your goal how exciting!!

i just finished at the gym, yay me! I have done my 3 yogas and 3 gyms this week which was my goal so that makes me happy

of to the hairdresser now!! :D

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:10 am

Woah! Blow out!!! 888 cold today AND thai dinner on top of that!
Lucky I was able to make it to Step today!!!
Back on track tomorrow!

Thanks buggy! I was only 800g away from goal last week but I changed my goal lol
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22