A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Are you loosing weight for your wedding?

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Or did your wedding get in the way of loosing weight for you??

As most of you know i have almost lost a total of 40kgs over the last few years and i have always wanted to loose more. It just so happens that the wedding came up and i decided to knuckle down and shift the remaining weight i had.

I also want to keep my weight loss after the wedding and push further if i can and my body will allow it!!

So what about you? Are you losing weight for your wedding or losing weight for you!

Bride2binTas
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Are you loosing weight for your wedding?

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 pm

I am going to try my hardest, i have previously tried before but lost motivation!

I'm in need of an PT!

jimmysmum
♥ Fairy Bride ♥
♥ Fairy Bride ♥

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:38 pm

i would love to but im happy either way and i dont want to be sad looking at my photos in the future if i got big again as i most likely would im slack when it comes to working out and eating right does that make sence :)

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:56 am

I want to lose weight, but I wish the weather would heat up a bit! Last year I purchased a swim pass for the local pool, except at that stage I didn't have a licence so it made going kind of difficult. Now that I do have my licence, it's still too darn cold to go swimming! Fortunately my pass doesn't expire :D

helga106

Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm about to start trying. I was putting it off saying things like I have ages! But ages has now turned into 18 months so I think if I want to have any hope of shifting a large amount of weight I need to start my lifestyle change now. I'm thinking of joining weight watchers.

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:48 am

For me it was a combination of both...In my early twenties (I am now 30) I always weighed in the low 60s...so 60/61ish. I am 5"6 so it was a good weight for me... wasn't too thin...but I wasn't carrying too much extra weight either....then last Christmas I weighed 70kg! I put it down to just overindulging.......I love bread..i love pasta and I love a good glass of wine....over indulge in that and you get to 70kgs pretty quickly!

So I decided in Jan this year that I wanted to get back to around 60kg because that is the weight that I am comfortable in..I thought to myself I am only 30 there is no excuse to weight 70 and have a BMI close to 25. I also had zero energy, my skin was very bad and overall just felt very sad about how I looked and felt....then in April I got engaged and so there was obviously a extra reason to lose it.

Almost one year on....I am currently sitting around 65.5 - 66kg so I am around half way there! I have just started the paleo lifestyle and I plan to be around 62-63kg by Christmas....then I have just under a year to get the last few kilos off and maintain!!

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 am

mrsWtobe wrote:
For me it was a combination of both...In my early twenties (I am now 30) I always weighed in the low 60s...so 60/61ish. I am 5"6 so it was a good weight for me... wasn't too thin...but I wasn't carrying too much extra weight either....then last Christmas I weighed 70kg! I put it down to just overindulging.......I love bread..i love pasta and I love a good glass of wine....over indulge in that and you get to 70kgs pretty quickly!

So I decided in Jan this year that I wanted to get back to around 60kg because that is the weight that I am comfortable in..I thought to myself I am only 30 there is no excuse to weight 70 and have a BMI close to 25. I also had zero energy, my skin was very bad and overall just felt very sad about how I looked and felt....then in April I got engaged and so there was obviously a extra reason to lose it.

Almost one year on....I am currently sitting around 65.5 - 66kg so I am around half way there! I have just started the paleo lifestyle and I plan to be around 62-63kg by Christmas....then I have just under a year to get the last few kilos off and maintain!!

Ive heard someone loose 20kgs in 10 weeks on paleo!!

I heard a quote from Gillian Anderson yesterday, She said "if it didnt come from the ground or it didnt have a mother... DONT EAT IT!"

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:14 pm

**Manda** wrote:
mrsWtobe wrote:

Ive heard someone loose 20kgs in 10 weeks on paleo!!

I heard a quote from Gillian Anderson yesterday, She said "if it didnt come from the ground or it didnt have a mother... DONT EAT IT!"

ha! I like it!! Yeh I have been doing some research on it...and MAN there are some incredible success stories. One guy was morbidly obese..I am talking a HUGE stomach that hung like past his groin area...he looked terribly unhealthy. One year later after being on paleo....he looks like a gym junkie - he is ripped and has a 6 pack - no joke. He doesn't even have overhanging skin because apparently paleo sorts all that naturally! There are so many similar success stories - it blows my mind how bad sugars and grain really are!!

Both fh and I really excited...it basically cuts out all grain (including legumes) and refined sugars & dairy. We don't plan to be 100% paleo..I will still have some yoghurt with my berries & the OCCASIONAL red wine...but we will definitely cut all grain...all pasta, breads and no cakes, pies, lollies etc etc. Every single review on paleo also rave about how good they feel mentally not just physically, increased energy, sleeping well, healthy hair and skin - so I am very excited about this!

Ill let you know how I get on!!

lisha_1988

Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Yup :) mine started a few months before the wedding as I had some stomach issues (still on going) but the finace and I have decided to both loose weight for the wedding and we have started walking every night after work and much healthier food and will be getting PT's after xmas as we thought there prob isnt any point until after then.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:52 pm

awesome MrsWtobe! Cant wait to see how you go!

I couldnt do it!! lol I love my carbs too much!! But when i am in "the zone" i do cut it down to one slice of grain bread a day.

florencemiller

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:22 am

I'm not getting married any time soon but I will definitely lose or at least to maintain my weight before my wedding day. This will ensure that I will get the gown that I like even if I will just order it online and not get it customized.

Cheers,

Florence :e_xmas:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.32