A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Re: February Weight Loss Thread

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:39 am

Great goal Ruby! Mine is to lose 3kgs, I am currently 67 and want to be 64 at the end of Feb!

We can do it!!!!!

I started today with a Musashi SLM protein shake and I packed a salad wrap for lunch.

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:55 am

Hello Ladies,

wow its feb already, crazy stuff!

so my goal for Feb is 3.5kgs - I can do this!! need to pull my finger out... I am working out find its just bad food choices.

Started the day with a sculpt protein shake and have lentil and chilli mince for lunch!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 am

Tee hee - love your start to the month ruby! Not laughing at your cold, but chocolate for breakfast. Respect.

I have not weighed myself in 9 years and won't start now. My calico fitting is tomorrow night so I am at the 'better stay about this size' stage. Stressful trial at work at the moment, so ate fish and chips last night and two apple ciders. Worth. Every. Calorie.

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:12 am

L.I.W wrote:
fish and chips last night and two apple ciders. Worth. Every. Calorie.

These two things are the best type of calories!

Im still at another month of maintaining, one last month!

Zenyatta - in reply to your question I am 59 and 1.65cm. I will always be a more muscular type as I am just predispositioned to be that way. But you can check out what my body looks like at the moment in my S&T. There are pics of me in my dress fitting number 2. Ignore all the hideous mozzie bites. Im only just getting over being attacked last week lol

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:31 am

Yeah you look great :D

I'm about 164 cm so 58-59 is probably about right for me. I seem to have all my weight on my arms, hips and thighs. My waist is disproportionately small so I need bigger pants and smaller tops. I know that when I lost about 10 kilos before dating FH I had to get to around 61kg before I noticed any major reduction in my arms and thighs. So I've lost 4cms off my waist and only about 2cm from my arms and legs so I'm even more out of proportion now. lol.....

Anyway YAY FOR FEB!! 4 months to go until my wedding!

PS - I love love love apple cider. I first tried it in New Zealand and since then I drink it almost every weekend. It's so light and refreshing and not too high in alcohol. I think I like the fact that it reminds me of our trip to NZ... :heart:

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 am

Good morning ladies!

Good to see the Feb thread is off to a flying start!

I am definitely in for this month. I will weigh in on Fridays. Goal is 2 kgs. I will check in on Friday with my first official weigh in.

I am not starting the month off too well. Its TTOM for me this week. I have been in so much pain I can barely walk :( I am so bloated and feel disgusting and lacking energy. Hitting the gym at lunch today - hoping it will help.

Good luck to everyone this month - we can all do this!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:09 am

I have no goals this month really, except to look abit slimmer and to tone up my arms and back abit more. I will be in here after the wedding though all the time!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:10 am

Oh no mrsWtobe I hope you are feeling better.

I didnt notice any difference to my "problem areas till the last 1 - 2 kilos. But thats pretty normal. 59 puts me right smask in the middle of my BMI range. However after the wedding I would like to get alot more toned.

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:04 am

Ashling wrote:
Today is our five year anniversary and FH is taking me to a fancy restaurant, which I am looking forward to but also NOT looking forward to because I know I am going to eat things I probably shouldn't.

On the plus side, I am 68 this morning which puts me back to the lightest I have been since about October. This month I am going to keep going with the 30DS so I am not going to set a oil limit, but I would like to be able to fit back into my favourite jeans.

Congrats! That is great to be the lowest since October! :bdance:

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:10 am

Enjoy dinner and don't think about it :-)

64.3 for me today which is my lowest so far. :-)
Last night I had an omelette with chopped tomatoes, red onion and fresh salmon. I'm having the same for lunch today. Tonight I'm going to make a big pot of chili (beef mince, tomatoes, beans, taco seasonings, etc) which will be dinner tonight and lunch for thursday and friday. I'm such a genius. :-p

MrsWtobe, Do you get much relief from heat packs?
Last edited by Zenyatta on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:12 am

I'm new to this thread, but I really need to put effort into losing weight...I went from 65kg to 55kg (on a good day!) a couple of years back and have now gone back to 57kg after going from retail work (on my feet carrying heavy stock all day) to a desk job (sitting on my butt all day) 6 months ago. I should lose another 5kg to reach my ideal BMI - the last few are so hard. I already eat very healthily (3 meals a day all homemade, plenty of fresh veg and small meat portions), no coffee, very little juice, alcohol or soft drinks. The only thing left to do is just to grit my teeth and EXERCISE, which I hate. :lol: Hope I find inspiration here to kick my butt into gear!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:13 am

Mel, I think you look very slim in your dress fitting!

I am not much taller than you 167cm but haven't been 59kgs since I was 16 and on the National Team for sport (training everyday). I like how I look at around 62, at 65 I'm okay with it, but anything over that and I start to get pudgy around my belly, and get love-handles. I do have a big ribcage and hips, but I am only around an inch difference between bust and hips but 10 inches smaller in the waist so very hourglass curvy. I cannot get under size 10, even when I lose a lot of weight as my frame -ribcage etc is size 10. I am also a healthy D cup (or DD at the moment when I put on weight). I actually quite like my curves and have never craved a more boyish figure but it would be nice if I could get down to a size 8 but without shaving my bones.. ain't going to happen!

Eh, size is just a number anyways right ladies?

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 am

Zen - wOHOO another lowest weight ever! Amazing!! Congrats :)

Yeh I do - i was moaning like crazy last night so fi got me a hot water btl and it really helped a lot - so did the pain tablets.

Feeling a lot better this morning...last night was horrid - i hate it! :x My weight has shot up by 2 kgs since Monday which sux too. I know its only because of that and I am sure by Friday it should be back down again. Stupid body! Why can't we just have it easy like the guys do :oops:

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 am

Ashling wrote:
Today is our five year anniversary and FH is taking me to a fancy restaurant, which I am looking forward to but also NOT looking forward to because I know I am going to eat things I probably shouldn't.

On the plus side, I am 68 this morning which puts me back to the lightest I have been since about October. This month I am going to keep going with the 30DS so I am not going to set a oil limit, but I would like to be able to fit back into my favourite jeans.

Pfft - eat dinner and enjoy! You cannot feel guilty all the time, its a great occassion and you should enjoy it guilt free!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:29 am

Welcome gdemon, just had a little look at your S&T, sounds like you're in control of everything :)

May I ask how did you find getting those last few kgs off when you went from 65-55? I'm worried I will get to around 61 without too much trouble and then find it tough to get down further than that!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:36 am

L.I.W wrote:
Ashling wrote:

Pfft - eat dinner and enjoy! You cannot feel guilty all the time, its a great occassion and you should enjoy it guilt free!

100% agree!

Balls

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:43 am

I'm trying the 30 day shred this month as well. Exciting! I just had a look at a youtube clip and it looks like more fun than jumping on the treadmill for an hour!

gdemon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:49 am

Ashling - I find fancy restaurant food isn't actually too bad. It's all fresh ingredients, few processed stuff and lousy fats, and the portions are smaller. It's only the dessert that really gets me, I think, as they tend to bring on the full cream, ice cream and rich pastries. :lol:

Zenyatta - I didn't really do anything special to reach 55kg... I just took on a retail job, worked 8 hours a day with no breaks running around carrying heavy stock around. Combination aerobics and weights, I lost weight while eating more. Going to a desk job afterwards has been my real undoing. I don't have the willpower to set aside time for walks and exercise. I really need to work on that now!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Yeah desk jobs are a problem - I really would like to be on my feet more, and vary between sitting and moving around. The key I think is finding something that you don't call exercise but you love doing.

I really want to start doing yoga classes and soccer but my weird work hours make that tough.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Yep desk jobs are lame! I got promoted 12 months ago and went from a super boss who let me leave early (to get to gym classes) or have long lunches (to go for a lunchtime run) to a new building where there are no stairs, no shower/changerooms and my boss is not flexible at all. I started to find I'm stuck at work later and miss all the classes plus am more tired/stressed/cranky which lead me to less healthy choices (more quick n easy foods) and a lovely 7 kg weight gain in 12 months. I am trying to stay positive about it all as it is the extra money from this promotion that made it possible for us to get married and have a really big cool honeymoon but it is annoying at times.

This is part of why I have now taken up club soccer (we're in pre-season training currently) because my boss understands having to leave on time to get to Soccer practice so your coach doesn't yell at you (my boss is older and very old-fashioned) and I let my gym membership expire for now, as I can't get there anyways anymore so it's a waste of money.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.2