A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Re: February Weight Loss Thread

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Jessie have you had much nausea in your pregnancy? off topic but i'm so scared of becoming pregnant in the future and suffering enormously like so many women do - and the associated strain on relationships and day to day life !!

Balls
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:39 pm

Aww then I don't want to answer that question! :( I was sick the whole way through with DS and so far with this one has been the same BUT - most women only feel sick for the first trimester. Also, I have a weird pregnancy condition that may be affecting my nausea more than usual.

On a bright note, FH and I seem to get super close during pregnancy. We're close anyway obviously but it seems to really bring us together even more.

ETA I don't want you to paranoid about being pregnant. Everyone has a different experience, there really is no one size fits all when it comes to this. Some woman have absolutely no pregnancy symptoms. Also, I only notice feeling sick when I'm not doing much. The busier I am the less I notice.

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 am

i finally did it..... got to a goal i set in these monthly threads!! yay... this month i set out to lose 3.5kgs.. im at 3.7 lost and still a week togo!!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:58 am

Tarz, how the hell are you doing it girl? you're on fire! I think I must be clinically dead or something. I keep losing then gaining, and repeat. I can't seem to get a real loss happening.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 am

The other thing is I've been finding it really hard for the last week or two to eat in the normal, healthy way that I usually do.

Tarz84

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 am

thanks peepz...... I just put a sample day for me in my weight-loss thread... :)

Balls

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:30 pm

I'm abit curious about something! For those of you who changed your diets to include healthier things (I'm going to assume that's everyone :P) are there new foods you tried that you were surprised to find were delicious?

For us it was fruit. We like fruit, always have but lately because we've been eating so much we've started trying stuff we wouldn't normally buy and have been really surprised! Or different kinds of salads. We usually just do your average lettuce, tomato, cucumber but lately have been chucking all kinds of vegies in there and sometimes even fruit and have looooooved it!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:16 pm

baked sweet potato/pumpkin is a really good one!

Balls

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh that sounds yummy. That's something we used to have all the time. I'm always abit wary of eating food from "before" because it must be bad, look how huge I got! :lol:

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:46 am

I LOVE PRAWNS!!!

I made a fish and calamari red curry last night with rice noodles! So so good.

Weighed myself today and I am 59.2 so I think this whole maintaining this has been a real success.

I have cut back on the diet and am still exercising as it keeps me feeling mentally healthy and my sleep patterns are so much better.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 am

how I would love, love, LOVE to be 59. Haha!

KiwiMelH
Little Miss Mouse
Little Miss Mouse

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:24 am

Yeah at 59 im at the middle of my BMI range for my height.

Once we get back I am going to be a work out machine.

I have a friend that had a baby 4 weeks ago and she is back to her prebaby weight already. I cannot believe it, she did however aqua job throughout her whole pregnancy and ate really well.

Balls

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:56 am

2 years on and I'm still not back to my pre baby weight haha. We're going to be alot healthier this time around though so hopefully I'll have better results and a super healthy baby.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm reading this thread and eating carrot cake ... om nom nom... I couldn't help it!!! and damn it's good carrot cake! will have to do extra exercise!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:04 pm

You girls are terrible! You've got me craving cake and pub meals now :P
I pulled out a dress from my really skinny days in hopes that I wouldn't have to buy something new for the hens night, it fits everywhere except around my boobs :( Mind you, I'm not going to complain as I normally lose weight from my boobs first :P

Balls

Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:10 pm

I'm making potato bake and steak. I figure it's okay because I won't be able to each much haha.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:04 pm

rubywoo wrote:
I'll see your carrot cake, and raise you a chicken parmi! Damn parmi night at the pub.

http://www.1millionkilochallenge.com.au ... cken-parma

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:52 am

So this month has been an epic fail for me (mainly on the eating front) so I've managed to gain a kilo :(

Starting fresh today with healthy lunches and healthy choices. Hopefully March will be a better month!

buggy
Little Miss Vintage
Little Miss Vintage

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:42 am

Hey Ladies, I have been a bit slack posting this month but have been very good diet and exercise wise!

I have been doing 8 hours of boxing a week, and yesterday I went mad and got up at 6am and went jogging.. which is weird cause I have never jogged before, I hate it!! or I thought I did.. I thought I would be too unfit to jog but apparently not!!!

Only problem with the diet was Thursday and Friday night I went out on dates (I broke up with FH for anyone who doesnt know and am very happy :mrgreen: ) which was exciting, but I just ate lots of seafood and salad both nights (lucky meee!!!) so it was ok.

I put on a bit of weight though but its just muscle I think as my clothes are all a bit looser....

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

rubywoo wrote:
LittleMissBride wrote:
So this month has been an epic fail for me (mainly on the eating front) so I've managed to gain a kilo :(

Starting fresh today with healthy lunches and healthy choices. Hopefully March will be a better month!

Mine has been pretty average too. Ate anything and everything on the weekend, and didn't exercise at all, so now I'm back up to 73.5kg.

I did go for an awesome run this morning though, using the new Zombies, Run! app. Gosh it was hard work - you have to keep increasing your pace to outrun hoards of zombies, and I'm always bad at bursts of sprinting. Awesome app though - love the storyline and voice acting.

Ruby - what is this app? Sounds good! Is it an Iphone app? I need to run more but running bores me.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.4