May weight loss thread

Tue May 01, 2012 9:35 am

come one people... whos with me!!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Re: May weight loss thread

Tue May 01, 2012 10:00 am

Holy sh*tballs it's May! I get married in one month! Still wanted to drop 4kgs! Haha... well can you believe I'm losing weight and dropping cms everywhere except my arms? and that's the one place that I wanted to lose weight?

:evil:

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 10:14 am

Good morning ladies!

Zen - far out!!! I month!! That has come by so quickly!

Yes I am definitely in for this month!

I have my first dress fitting next month...so I have to do some damage this month!

Current weight: 66.1kg
Goal weight end of May: 64.9kg
Total weight loss goal: 1.2kg
That is only 300g a week

C'mon!

sandybabii

Tue May 01, 2012 10:58 am

My wedding is not till next year, but will be going to a friend's wedding this weekend so I wanted to just do a small diet for the weekend.
Have done the dukan diet last year but stopped when Christmas came around, it was too hard to resist all the food!! :lol:
It worked well for me though as I am never feeling hungry!

I am doing it again for 4 days until friday this time just to drop a couple of kgs!

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
Topic Author

Tue May 01, 2012 11:06 am

Hey MrsWtobe i love your little stats thing so i am stealing it..

Current weight: 74.5kg
Goal weight end of May: 70kg
Total weight loss goal: 4.5kg
Loss per week: 1.125kg...

A little ambitious maybe but I just signed up to the next round of 12wbt and this will be my final round so i want to smash it!!! I want to start this round at 70kgs or very close to...

Going to really really focus on nutrition. Stick to 1200 cals and try and make my snacks protein packed!

My workout plan will be as follows:

Mon - 45min Group PT - Zumba
Tue - Step & Pump
Wed - Zumba & Running Training
Thur - 30 Min 1 on 1 PT & Step
Fri - Running trainnig
Sat - 1 Hr Group PT plus Zumba and Step (when i can fit it in)
Sun - Free Day

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 am

Tarz84 wrote:
Hey MrsWtobe i love your little stats thing so i am stealing it..

Current weight: 74.5kg
Goal weight end of May: 70kg
Total weight loss goal: 4.5kg
Loss per week: 1.125kg...

A little ambitious maybe but I just signed up to the next round of 12wbt and this will be my final round so i want to smash it!!! I want to start this round at 70kgs or very close to...

Going to really really focus on nutrition. Stick to 1200 cals and try and make my snacks protein packed!

My workout plan will be as follows:

Mon - 45min Group PT - Zumba
Tue - Step & Pump
Wed - Zumba & Running Training
Thur - 30 Min 1 on 1 PT & Step
Fri - Running trainnig
Sat - 1 Hr Group PT plus Zumba and Step (when i can fit it in)
Sun - Free Day

Good on you Tarz! Yeh, the small stats is just to avoid disappointment as I am struggling to lose anything at the moment! I am also considering changing my goal weight to 62kg. I don't know if I really need to lose 6kgs. At 62 kilos my BMI will be 22. I got down to 63.9 through WW...and even getting to that, with the help of WW was really hard. Perhaps 60 is just not going to happen.

What do you guys think? At 5,6; 62kg and a BMI of 22 - will that still look ok?

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

okie dokie. I have changed my goal weight to 62kg. If I reach it and I am not happy I will aim to lose another 2kgs. But I think for 62kg is probably more realistic!

Amanda_86

Tue May 01, 2012 12:24 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
Good on you Tarz! Yeh, the small stats is just to avoid disappointment as I am struggling to lose anything at the moment! I am also considering changing my goal weight to 62kg. I don't know if I really need to lose 6kgs. At 62 kilos my BMI will be 22. I got down to 63.9 through WW...and even getting to that, with the help of WW was really hard. Perhaps 60 is just not going to happen.

I'm 5"6 as well and hover around 59-61kg (I originally started off at 66kg), and I'm trying to tone up my flabby bits into muscle. It can just depend on your body shape and your muscle mass, etc.

it might be helpful to check out http://www.mybodygallery.com as it has a large collection of photos of women, and you can search by height/weight and check out photos of women who are all the same weight and height, and the difference between them is amazing! I can look at the girls who are the same weight and height as myself and I don't look anything like some of them, some are more muscular (which I'm trying to do with my weight training and eating habits) so it will just depend on how comfortable you are.

A BMI of 22 is in the healthy weight range, you could have your goal as 62kg and once you reach it you can re-assess if you want to continue or are happy with where you're at.

I'm also thinking of doing a Dexascan to get an accurate measurement of my bones/muscle/fat mass (I should've done one before I started 12WBT so I could compare) but it doesn't matter too much. I know I've got more muscle in my arm, now to lose the belly fat, for which I'm trialling dropping my daily breakfast of toast for something better. I found when I wasn't eating bread as much that I wasn't as bloated

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 pm

If you girls are stuck in a rut I'd suggest switching it up by having a protein and fat only breakfast - like meat/eggs, baby spinach and nuts. my weight loss only started up again when I completely cut out the toast in the morning. In fact I'm not having any grains whatsoever - not even rice... and you don't miss them after a while. I did have some artificial sweetener though in my diet yesterday and it made me so gassy! so be careful of too much sweetener too - they don't digest very well.

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 1:08 pm

thanks ladies very helpful stuff!

Amanda - thanks I will definitely check out that website! I have no idea how you can get down to 59!!

Zen - yep I follow paleo and don't eat any grains. I eat high vegie/protein diet with no breads, rice, pasta, etc. A typical brekkie for me is a meat and vegie omellet - no toast :(

sachick90
I survived and got married

Tue May 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi,
So I will be starting to lose weight again once I have my gym member ship again, I suspended over the busy part of uni and while I try to build my iron levels back up again. I am 5ft 9 and currently 67, I want to get down to about 63, however am horrible at dieting...

looking forward to hearing from everyone

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 2:19 pm

sachick90 wrote:
Hi,
So I will be starting to lose weight again once I have my gym member ship again, I suspended over the busy part of uni and while I try to build my iron levels back up again. I am 5ft 9 and currently 67, I want to get down to about 63, however am horrible at dieting...

That is great, maybe start by taking small steps to eating healthier rather than dieting?

sachick90

Tue May 01, 2012 2:29 pm

miss_anne wrote:
sachick90 wrote:
Hi,

That is great, maybe start by taking small steps to eating healthier rather than dieting?

We do eat rather healthy, rarely get take-away, have fruit quite regularly, my main problem is that I can just eat and I still feel hungry, I never actually feel full. it's weird.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 2:32 pm

sachick90 wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
sachick90 wrote:
Hi,

We do eat rather healthy, rarely get take-away, have fruit quite regularly, my main problem is that I can just eat and I still feel hungry, I never actually feel full. it's weird.

That's a good start then. Maybe you need to look at what types of food you are eating? I try to eat high protein as it makes me feel fuller for longer and try to limit the amount of carbs I eat.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 01, 2012 2:34 pm

Amanda_86 wrote:
mrsWtobe wrote:

I'm 5"6 as well and hover around 59-61kg (I originally started off at 66kg), and I'm trying to tone up my flabby bits into muscle. It can just depend on your body shape and your muscle mass, etc.

it might be helpful to check out http://www.mybodygallery.com as it has a large collection of photos of women, and you can search by height/weight and check out photos of women who are all the same weight and height, and the difference between them is amazing! I can look at the girls who are the same weight and height as myself and I don't look anything like some of them, some are more muscular (which I'm trying to do with my weight training and eating habits) so it will just depend on how comfortable you are.

A BMI of 22 is in the healthy weight range, you could have your goal as 62kg and once you reach it you can re-assess if you want to continue or are happy with where you're at.

I'm also thinking of doing a Dexascan to get an accurate measurement of my bones/muscle/fat mass (I should've done one before I started 12WBT so I could compare) but it doesn't matter too much. I know I've got more muscle in my arm, now to lose the belly fat, for which I'm trialling dropping my daily breakfast of toast for something better. I found when I wasn't eating bread as much that I wasn't as bloated

Wow I have never heard of this site, I will have to have a look later (when I'm not at work! :lol: ) I have always wondered how some people weigh less but look different. I guess its all about how your body mass is made up.

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 02, 2012 1:18 pm

pinkperfection wrote:
Aaarrgghhh scales are up on weigh in day. Still down overall but up from Monday and last week. Very annoyed. Stupid salty dinner. I just don't want to hear my trainer lecture me for not losing enough weight. Almost told him to bugger off last time. I just really don't need to hear it.

Pasting from April's thread as I don't know what month it is. Whoops

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 02, 2012 1:30 pm

pinkperfection wrote:
pinkperfection wrote:
Aaarrgghhh scales are up on weigh in day. Still down overall but up from Monday and last week. Very annoyed. Stupid salty dinner. I just don't want to hear my trainer lecture me for not losing enough weight. Almost told him to bugger off last time. I just really don't need to hear it.

Pasting from April's thread as I don't know what month it is. Whoops

Hmm doesn't sound like a very supportive trainer? :x Have you considered trying someone new??

darkphoenix

Wed May 02, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm in again :) I've actually been doing alright with exercising, been doing about 30kms at least 4 nights a week on my exercise bike. Best money I've spent, it's the longest I've stuck to something and finding it quite easy.

Ruby, just curious, how come you think you'll never get down to the low 60's? Up until 12 months ago, I was below 60kgs and I'm 6ft! Wasn't exaclty a healthy weight but even with no exercising I've been able to maintain around the 64kg mark.

I measured again today, I know it's only been about 4 days but my pants were a bit loose this morning so was curious to see how well I was doing. I've lost 2" around my hips this past month! Only downside, I've lost about the same around my boobs and I don't really have much too lose there :P

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm joining in starting this month!

I am 153cm, currently weighing 58kg. I'd like to lose 5kg over the next few months, but if I can get down to 50kg, I won't complain!

My problem is that I just eat anything I want, so I think if I make some better eating choices, dropping the weight shouldn't be too hard. I also need to do more exercise, but I'm struggling to find the time!

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Trainer was completely different tonight. I only lost 200grams this fortnight but he just said to up the intensity. I'm hoping to join his Tuesday and Thursday mornings group pt sessions from next week. I feel skinnier, FH is noticing it so I'm hoping for a good loss next week.
Had am awesome training session. Burnt 600 calories and I really pushed myself. He was really impressed with how I went. Positive thinking from here on and I will lose lots of weight!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38