A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Re: May weight loss thread

Sun May 06, 2012 1:05 pm

I've bumped up my training to three morning sessions of group pt and one hour of pt. plus pump and some more cardio. I can't wait!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 07, 2012 10:22 am

I start hydrotherapy today for ankle reabilitation so I'm hoping this can lead to more exercise (tho my physio says not yet just hydro & the exercises) but I'm just waiting for his say so to do anything - pilates maybe?

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon May 07, 2012 10:43 am

pilates sounds good. There are so many choices for low-impact exercise that can still be really intense and fat burning. I have a friend that swears by pilates as the best thing she's done for weight loss.

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 07, 2012 10:59 am

The best thing for weight loss is cardio but I'm still at least 4 weeks away from that and 4 weeks to my wedding - I'm not even allowed to do swimming :(

However I am only 600 grams from my goal weight and I honestly can't believe I have managed to do this myself purely on self control and good eating (no emotional eating or being tempted). Maybe because it has been the only thing within my control it became easier to keep control of.

I am looking forward to my wedding cake - chocolate & white chocolate mud as I haven't had cake since January!!! :lol:

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
Topic Author

Mon May 07, 2012 11:06 am

ummm not a good week for me... im still at 74.5.. exactly where i started on may 1st... time to kick myself in the butt and get moving!!!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 am

LMB - I would partly agree but I really think the best thing is a combination of cardio and resistance. The cardio will get your heart rate up during exercise but resistance will change your metabolism and keep you burning fat over the course of the whole day. And if you do both you're less likely to get bored or find yourself in a plateau. I tend to alternate between the two depending on how much time I have and whether or not it's a good day to exercise outdoors!

Tarz - I wanted to point out that even when your weight is steady there is still fat loss going on, so don't sweat it! Just keep taking measurements!

So hardly any of my clothes are fitting me properly anymore. A good problem to have? maybe but I'm too busy to shop for clothes! Oh well I'll just have to shop in hawaii!!

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Mon May 07, 2012 11:29 am

I've actually put on weight this month! I'm up 1.1kgs since the 1st! Not overly concerned though as I think a bit of that is fluid retention and muscle as I've done my measurements and I've lost 2 inches around my waist and hips and 2.5 around my thighs!

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Whoops! I am 7 days too late, but today is the start of the 12wbt training so I'm pumped!!
For years I have hovered around 54-55 kgs and was able to manage it quite easily, but since last year, i have put on around 5 kilos, and bruising my knee bone in Janauary, didnt help! Im only now able to run for a short while on the treadmill! So, I am hoping to be inspired and lose it!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon May 07, 2012 2:49 pm

dungie79 wrote:
Whoops! I am 7 days too late, but today is the start of the 12wbt training so I'm pumped!!
For years I have hovered around 54-55 kgs and was able to manage it quite easily, but since last year, i have put on around 5 kilos, and bruising my knee bone in Janauary, didnt help! Im only now able to run for a short while on the treadmill! So, I am hoping to be inspired and lose it!

Hi, I have signed up for 12wbt as well! So excited, can't wait to get started :)

Tarz84
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2012 10:01 am

dungie are you on the 12wbt forums... my user name is Tarzi3

Tarz84
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2012 10:25 am

hey i have created a fb group for 12wbt brides to be....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/431711856840527/

come join me ... ( i am alone at the moment lol)

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 08, 2012 3:14 pm

I haven't weighed in yet this week (waiting for Friday) but FH keeps saying I look skinny :D

I got to do a bit of paddling at hydrotherapy which felt good and I was absolutely STUFFED afterwards!

Yay for water activity! Better than nothing I suppose..

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Don't forget LMB that diet is so much more important. I think the right exercise can really help but if you are eating the right things you'll still lose weight ;)

alycebride

Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 am

Im starting Lite N easy tomorrow because Im crazy busy and dont have time to cook ahhh! I'm out of the house every night for two weeks so I ordered lunch and dinners, it worked out to about $18 a day including delievery and a one of "esky" fee which is still cheaper then eating out at restaurants and it includes snacks so I'll see how it goes!

darkphoenix

Wed May 09, 2012 1:06 pm

I didn't realize Lite N Easy was so cheap! I stacked my freezer full of the cheap ones from the supermarket when I broke my arm and couldn't cook, I would've ordered the fresh stuff if I knew!
Finally convinced DH to start the alkaline diet with me! It's been so difficult to keep to it when I have to cook two separate meals so fingers crossed he'll like it and stick with it. Actually excited about dinner tonight, I decided to cook one of the nicer ones in hopes that DH will actually like it. Calamari and chips with a greens stir-fry!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 09, 2012 1:59 pm

Zenyatta wrote:
Don't forget LMB that diet is so much more important. I think the right exercise can really help but if you are eating the right things you'll still lose weight ;)

I had heard this before and never would have believed it to be true until I broke my ankle and have been sedentary for over 2 months but by being careful and eating well (not starving) I have lost weight. I couldn't believe it. Now to stay slim!!!

Weigh in tomorrow morning *fingers crossed to lose that last 600grams*

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 09, 2012 2:11 pm

LittleMissBride wrote:
Zenyatta wrote:

I had heard this before and never would have believed it to be true until I broke my ankle and have been sedentary for over 2 months but by being careful and eating well (not starving) I have lost weight. I couldn't believe it. Now to stay slim!!!

Weigh in tomorrow morning *fingers crossed to lose that last 600grams*

That really is a fantastic effort, you should be very proud of yourself :)

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Thanks Miss Anne! I am a little proud of myself but I do feel less athletic and toned as I used to play sports 5 times a week. I am slowly working my way back to toned though with light exercise etc.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm

I gave in and ate chocolate this afternoon - I've been so good until today! raaahhh!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Don't stress - a little bit of chocolate is not going to do too much damage I don't think.

Well ladies, I have smashed it this week - a whole 100g! :lol: Ahh well what can you do other than laugh! I am gaining muscle which is the main thing. FH even commented on my thighs...they are way more toned than ever before and cellulite on back of butt has almost vanished! My legs are WHITE at the moment so to have noticeably toned thighs when so white skinned makes me happy!!

So, I shouldn't complain - changes are happening on the inside!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.36