A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

never too old
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: May weight loss thread

Thu May 10, 2012 10:15 am

so I started 3 weeks ago watching what I eat and zumbaing (if thats a word lol) twice a week with a long walk on the weekends with fh. So far 2.8kg gone and inch and a half off hips, waist and bust. Hopefully this will keep happening, cause I just wanna be a size 10 again!!!

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 am

My PT asked me to keep a food diary over this last week, but I've had the most unusual week food wise! First there was FH's birthday cake which we ate over a few days, then we went to the movies at Dendy Premium on Sunday, and then there was celebratory cake at work! He just laughed at me when I swore I didn't usually eat cake everyday...

For this week he wants me to keep a food diary again and try to eat smaller meals more frequently. Also, less potato, less rice and less pasta... all my favourite things!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 11, 2012 9:37 am

Morning everyone!! I have an exciting post this morning! I have FINALLY broken into the 65's - weighing in at 65.8!! Its has been such a mental thing for me to break away from the 66's which I have been in for months! I have not weighed in the 65's once this year so I am really really happy to have finally broken the 66 plateau!! Hope everyone is having a good week also!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 11, 2012 11:50 am

mrsWtobe wrote:
Morning everyone!! I have an exciting post this morning! I have FINALLY broken into the 65's - weighing in at 65.8!! Its has been such a mental thing for me to break away from the 66's which I have been in for months! I have not weighed in the 65's once this year so I am really really happy to have finally broken the 66 plateau!! Hope everyone is having a good week also!

Woohoo!!! That is fantastic, all your hard work is paying off!! Congrats :heart:

dungie79
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 11, 2012 5:55 pm

miss_anne- I am on the forums! dungie79! yay! I am glad that someone is with me!

tarz too!! I just requested to join your facebook page!

Last night, I went to the gym and forgot my training pants!! Normally, I would have just gone home and sat on the couch.. but i did have thick black stocking on, so I went in those!!! thank god it was quiet and that I live in Japan, so I could play the "dumb foreigner" card!!!

I am not going to weigh myself until at least next week.. I am too afraid to at the moment!!!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 11, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi All,

I am only new to this forum, so apologies in advance.

Congrats to everyone on here....looks like you've done so well and its great to see everyone supporting everyone!

I'm going to post this one for us "bigger" girls as i only saw 1 post on here from anyone over 65kg!

Got engaged Oct 2011, i was already "changing my life" before the engagment.
Started at about 109kg about May/June 2011 and lost about 5kg myself by walking the dogs and smaller portions
Began Bootcamp at 104kg from memory
Weighed about 94kg when went home surprise family in Nov
Weighed in at 93kg Early Nov after 12 week bootcamp challenge.
Couldn't seem to loose anymore between nov 2011 - feb 2012, went back to boot camp in jan, still couldnt loose any more.
Kept up bootcamp til March. Plateau'd. Lost 2kg over night from food poisoning day before went dress shopping with mum who flew from qld to perth for me.
Have kept the 2kg off and joined Jenny Craig 3 weeks ago and have lost 2.1kg in 3 weeks.
Currently 90.4kg
only 500g off being under 90kg for the first time in about 9 years!

Goal 80kg by Septemebr for October 2012 wedding.

I have been ratehr slack on the excercise front but i need to pick it up again this weekend is my goal!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 11, 2012 11:35 pm

2015 wrote:
My current weight is 113 kgs... I would like to get down to 75 kgs within 12 months. The wedding is not until 2015 :)

Congrats! If you can afford it i highly recommend getting straight into something strong like bootcamp. Best thing i ever did and so glad i stuck with it. I enjoy it heaps especially with the group that comes as we a small but close.

I was and still am the biggest one there but after initally feeling embarassed, my fitness has improved 500% and its the best thing i ever did. I would like to go back but it is a little expensive especially after doing it for over 6 months as i have. The gym is way cheaper here, but i need the push from bootcamp.

I plateau'd but even i have noticed the differences, so thought id change it up and do JC to kick start myself again. If you have the time, loose it once and loose it for good, no point doing a fad especially as you still have 3 years til your big day. dont set unrealist goals, but dont slack either :)

Hope it works out for you! More than happy to help with advice if you need anything. gotta do what works for you.

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
Topic Author

Mon May 14, 2012 1:13 pm

I tried on my dress..... and it fits!!! I was 4 sizes to small when i got it and now it fits... * doing a happy dance* will post pic later!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Mon May 14, 2012 1:19 pm

can't wait to see pics! woohoo!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 15, 2012 9:59 am

Tarz84 wrote:
I tried on my dress..... and it fits!!! I was 4 sizes to small when i got it and now it fits... * doing a happy dance* will post pic later!

Wow, that is amazing!! Must have felt so good to fit into that dress after all your hard work :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 15, 2012 9:59 am

dungie79 wrote:
miss_anne- I am on the forums! dungie79! yay! I am glad that someone is with me!

tarz too!! I just requested to join your facebook page!

Last night, I went to the gym and forgot my training pants!! Normally, I would have just gone home and sat on the couch.. but i did have thick black stocking on, so I went in those!!! thank god it was quiet and that I live in Japan, so I could play the "dumb foreigner" card!!!

I am not going to weigh myself until at least next week.. I am too afraid to at the moment!!!

Yay, I will keep an eye out for you in the Forums :)

Amanda_86

Tue May 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Tarz84 wrote:

Woohoo, that's so awesome Tarz!! Can't wait to see pics :)

Tarz84
Topic Author

Tue May 15, 2012 6:10 pm

just put a pic in my weight loss thread!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=124322&p=2134070#p2134070

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 15, 2012 10:24 pm

No weight loss for me so far this month...in fact I weight myself last night only to find I have actually gained 1kg since the beginning of the month...I was pretty disappointed to say the least :(
So after having some blood tests done late last week it was back to the natropath for me today. Blood test results showed that everything is normal - which is great but I must admit that there was a small part of me hoping that they would provide some sort of explaination of why with a mostly healthy diet and exercise I am having so much trouble losing ANY weight. She explained it like this - for most people, the low cal + regular exercise routine works great for weight loss, but for some of us thats just never going to be the right combination. She started me on a program called 'Shake-It', in which I basically have a protein shake for breakfast, any meal of my choice made up of a palm-sized portion of protein & three handfuls of salad/vegies for lunch and dinner, and two high protein snacks at any time I choose throughout the day, together with any type of excercise for about 40mins 4 times a week. She says that my body is storing carbs rather than burning them as energy, so cutting them out will re-train my body to burn body fat, and after 3-4 weeks on the program a less-strict (still healthy) diet and exercise program will be enough to maintain the weight loss.
Sounds good to me - I just really hope it works!
Anyway, I'm SO happy to hear about all your losses!! Keep up the good work girls, I can't wait to keep hearing about your progress :D
:heart:

Current weight: 67kgs
Goal weight end of May: 63kgs
Goal weight by wedding: 57kgs
Total weight loss goal: 10kgs
Loss per week for May goal: 1kg

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 16, 2012 9:47 am

katiea - good to hear that the natropath is helping you out!!! Its good to know that there is someone is to assist you.

Can I make a small suggestion from someone in a similar weight range...and similar goal range to you?

I personally think that you are goals are a little unrealistic. 4 kilos in month when you only have 10 kilos to lose is probably not going to happen.
If you ate right every single day, and exercised for 45 minutes a day a realistic goal is probably 500g a week = 2 kilos a month.

I have found giving myself smaller goals has been far more motivating than trying to achieve weight loss that isnt really going to happen.

Just a thought!!

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Wed May 16, 2012 9:56 am

I hear ya! I have the same problem.. Weight loss is so, so slow for me as well. And this week my sugar cravings have flared up again. Some weeks it's just so hard to stick to something and I think because I've been going hard for so many months my motivation is really suffering at the moment. I only have another 3kg till my goal but every single kilo is such hard work! :P

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 16, 2012 11:07 am

C'mon Zen you can do it!! Just imagine yourself in your dress!!! :)

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 16, 2012 1:17 pm

Weight loss is just not happening! I'm training like crazy and I can see the difference but the scales aren't budging and I end up back where I started every few weeks :(

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
katiea - good to hear that the natropath is helping you out!!! Its good to know that there is someone is to assist you.

Can I make a small suggestion from someone in a similar weight range...and similar goal range to you?

I personally think that you are goals are a little unrealistic. 4 kilos in month when you only have 10 kilos to lose is probably not going to happen.
If you ate right every single day, and exercised for 45 minutes a day a realistic goal is probably 500g a week = 2 kilos a month.

I have found giving myself smaller goals has been far more motivating than trying to achieve weight loss that isnt really going to happen.

Just a thought!!

Thanks mrsWtobe, I was actually thinking the same thing last night about my goals being unrealistic :( although I would LOVE to see the weight go that quickly, realistically it's just not going to happen! Especailly when I've had so much trouble losing anything the past few months...so I've re-assessed...ideally I'd like to lose 1-1.5kgs/month - and anything beyond that is a bonus. An that will still get me to my goal well and truly in time for my wedding in March next year :D

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 16, 2012 4:49 pm

good on you! I think that goal is very achievable.

I understand your frustration. I have been in a similar situation where weight loss is just so hard. I finally get somewhere and eat one bad thing on the weekend - and the whole thing falls apart. I feel I have to be so strict and do so much exercise just to lose a gram! ha!
We will get there in the end, and at least you do have a bit of time which is great!
Good luck!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.32