A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Re: May weight loss thread

Wed May 16, 2012 6:09 pm

I had this revelation today and that is that artificial sweeteners increase your cravings! I only seem to lose weight when I'm not constantly trying to eat around my cravings with things like peanut butter, fruit etc. I've been snacking on little slices of atkins advantage bars - and I have decided they are evil!

I'm envious of people that can eat 'sugarfree' stuff and still manage to lose weight.

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
Topic Author

Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 pm

Zenyatta wrote:
I had this revelation today and that is that artificial sweeteners increase your cravings! I only seem to lose weight when I'm not constantly trying to eat around my cravings with things like peanut butter, fruit etc. I've been snacking on little slices of atkins advantage bars - and I have decided they are evil!

I'm envious of people that can eat 'sugarfree' stuff and still manage to lose weight.

I am on this new path of eating yo blood type.. might shake it up a bit.. do u no what blood type you are?

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu May 17, 2012 12:12 pm

I do but blood type diet? come on. It's rubbish. There is no evidence whatsoever that suggests that people should follow different diets according to their blood type. Obviously what you're doing is getting you good results. If you've reached a plateau then maybe you need to change your macronutrient split or change your exercise regime. There are good trainers out there who can give you a program based more on your metabolism type than a "blood type diet" that will just waste your time :-) They will also change what you're eating and what kinds of exercises you're doing to make sure you keep getting results.

Tarz84
Topic Author

Thu May 17, 2012 12:59 pm

each to their own, was just a suggestion :)

and for the record my trainer is the one who put me onto it and she is an award winning trainer so I think she would be classed as a "good trainer" and it has been anything but a waste of my time it have pushed past my plateau and am feeling pretty good.. my skin has cleared up, my stomach is feeling better then it has in a long time and the CM's are coming off sooooo and my "macronutrient split" and changing up the exercise didn't seem to work for me.....

Tarz84
Topic Author

Thu May 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Zenyatta wrote:
I do but blood type diet? come on. It's rubbish. There is no evidence whatsoever that suggests that people should follow different diets according to their blood type.

Oh this comment is a little silly IMO as you may find with most if not all diets there is a lack of significant evidence that anything really works for anyone person or we would all be amazingly fit and healthy...

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 17, 2012 1:19 pm

The best way to lose weight is to banish the processed foods. As soon as you start eating cleaner, the body can break down the foods easier and stores less fat and you will lose weight.

A Typical Day Eating Clean:
Breakfast: Oats or plain cereal (not high sugar cereal) made with skim milk (or light soy)
Snack: Banana OR Apple OR madarine (whatever FRESH fruit you have)
Lunch: Salad & Tuna or Chicken (you can add a low fat clear dressing such as balsamic or italian but not a creamy or mayo one)
Snack: low fat yoghurt OR another Fresh Fruit
Dinner: Lean Meat (200 grams) or lean chicken (skin off) or fish either grilled, or lighly fried in a tablespoon of olive oil with steamed vegies (NOT POTATO)
Snack (if required): A carrot chopped (raw) Or 4 water crackers with a smidge of peanut butter on

An average person's day not eating clean: (for your comparison)
Breakfast: Bacon & eggs on toast with tomato sauce/BBQ sauce
Snack: Low Fat Muffin or special K low cal bar
Lunch: Subway
Snack: lollies/cake & coffee
Dinner: Spaghetti Bolognese

The body has more trouble breaking down things that are processed and you can struggle with digestion and gain weight and bloating. Even things that can "seem" healthy may not be such as subway bread which is high in fat as well as their dressings and the cheese. Low fat processed snacks aren't good either. The harder foods are to break down the more tempted your body is to store as fat.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 17, 2012 2:21 pm

I met with my PT yesterday for our weekly session, and he weighed me and did my measurements... we'll be doing that every week to see how I'm progressing. I'm currently sitting at 57.1kg and am hoping to get down to 52kg. He also made some modifications to my diet the week before and asked me to keep a food diary for a week, and he was really happy with the changes I've made. I've been eating smaller meals more frequently and while I kind of feel like I'm constantly eating, I don't get to that crazy hungry stage where I just eat whatever's in sight, which is awesome.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu May 17, 2012 3:10 pm

interesting Tarz! obviously something that you've changed is working for you and that's fanstastic. We won't debate the point any further. :)

Does anyone do tabata workouts?

alycebride

Thu May 17, 2012 3:16 pm

all these different methods confuse me :S
The only thing thats been working for me is counting my calories everyday, lowering my portion sizes and allowing myself a treat as long as i have the calories for it (otherwise i get cravings and then just pig out!). I was getting really confused because apparently I have to eat my "BMR", does anyone have any imput into this and whether or not this has worked for them?

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 17, 2012 3:32 pm

misteri82 wrote:
I met with my PT yesterday for our weekly session, and he weighed me and did my measurements... we'll be doing that every week to see how I'm progressing. I'm currently sitting at 57.1kg and am hoping to get down to 52kg. He also made some modifications to my diet the week before and asked me to keep a food diary for a week, and he was really happy with the changes I've made. I've been eating smaller meals more frequently and while I kind of feel like I'm constantly eating, I don't get to that crazy hungry stage where I just eat whatever's in sight, which is awesome.

Wow those weights seem tiny - how tall are you Misteri? I'm at 62.2kgs and my fiance is actually saying to me not to lose more as he said I'm getting "too skinny" - can't win LOL! :roll: I'm 167cm tall.

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 17, 2012 4:23 pm

I'm only 153cm... not very tall at all! I would LOVE to be 167cm!

bronzestar
I survived and got married

Thu May 17, 2012 9:34 pm

alycebride wrote:
all these different methods confuse me :S

I'm with you alycebride! There are SO many different ways of eating for weight loss/maintenance and I'm completely confused. There's low carb or no carb, low cals, low fat, low GI, clean eating, paleo and that's just off the top of my head :o The more I try to figure out what I think could work and what I think is a load of rubbish the more confused I get. Seriously thinking about seeing a dietician/nutritionist and getting some professional advice cos I can't wade through it all :roll: Maybe that's why I'm not losing anything, cos I keep flitting between eating styles....

pinkperfection
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 18, 2012 9:23 am

i feel like i've tried all the different diets and eating plans in the world and nothing really works for me. hoping i lose some weight next week. i've been training really hard and i'm trying to drink lots of water and cut down a bit more on my portion sizes as they were creeping up again. fingers crossed! my dress fits but it's tight! it is corset back though and she had pulled it really tight so it had the perfect back, but there wasn't much bulging over the top thankfully. i have my proper fitting next weekend and i'll start alterations to have it taken up, have the bustle put in, etc.

i got paired up at group PT with one of the super fit girls today and i worked so hard. burnt 474 calories in under an hour. the most i've ever done in group PT. one on one PT i usually do 600 so i'm very happy with that.

hoping for a good eating weekend. breakfast for my sister's birthday at her place on sunday, i'm taking a fruit platter so i'm going to have some porridge and fruit, avoid the pancakes or french toast, whatever they are making. FH is away motor bike riding again and so i'm just going to organise something easy and healthy for dinner. might even try to make it to an rpm class before work tomorrow

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 18, 2012 9:38 am

Zenyatta wrote:
interesting Tarz! obviously something that you've changed is working for you and that's fanstastic. We won't debate the point any further. :)

Does anyone do tabata workouts?

No I haven't tried tabata - have you? Must be good, I saw one of my super-fit friends the last weekend and she was saying her abs were killing her from a session she did the day before. I was surprised, it must be really good, she is already in amazing shape so she must have really pushed herself!

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 18, 2012 11:13 am

YAY! Weighed in this morning and reached my wedding goal weight!!!!!!!!

*Happy Dance*

2.75 weeks to go til I get married!!! Eeeek!

:D :D :D

sachick90

Fri May 18, 2012 12:54 pm

LittleMissBride wrote:

*Happy Dance*

Yay thats awesome :D

Well My excercise starts tomorrow with my first game of hockey for this season then will be gyming it three times a week starting next week, really need to lose weight from my hip area.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 18, 2012 1:12 pm

sachick90 wrote:
LittleMissBride wrote:

*Happy Dance*

Well My excercise starts tomorrow with my first game of hockey for this season then will be gyming it three times a week starting next week, really need to lose weight from my hip area.

Yay I play hockey too :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 18, 2012 1:13 pm

LittleMissBride wrote:

*Happy Dance*

Congrats, great work!!!

Yay sooo exciting :)

sachick90

Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 pm

miss_anne wrote:
[quote="sachick90

Yay I play hockey too :)[/quote]

Really? I love it, havent been able to play this season so far its round 6 now and can only play my first game coz of work.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 pm

sachick90 wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
[quote="sachick90

Yay I play hockey too :)

Really? I love it, havent been able to play this season so far its round 6 now and can only play my first game coz of work.[/quote]
Hi, yes I love it :) I missed the first two games because I was on holidays but into the swing of it now! I am thinking of wearing my HRM on the weekend to work out how many cals I burn, it definitely feels like a good workout! ;)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.5