A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
Topic Author

Re: May weight loss thread

Thu May 03, 2012 9:51 am

not sure how but im down over 1kg since monday, i am thinking my scales might be playing tricks on me so i am waiting it out not recording it just yet......

im a little bit worried, since losing weight my bust has not really changed bunch in terms of bra sizes.. an my dress maker needs me to bring my bridal underclothes to the next apt... so i ordered them in my current size hoping that in a few months it still fits... the website i got it from has a 60 days no questions asked refund/exchange option... If my shape changes i will send it back and get a different size...

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 03, 2012 10:06 am

rubywoo wrote:
Must be the day for strange losses, Tarz - I ate a parmi for dinner last night, PLUS a chocolate bar, and managed to lose 0.1kg overnight :?

By cheating on my special diet, I have at least confirmed that I do have an intolerance to either dairy or gluten, because my stomach has been really unsettled since. I'm off to the naturopath this afternoon so I can hopefully move onto the second stage of this detox (probably shouldn't have cheated last night, eh?).

Who did you see first Ruby? The naturopath? I have always had tummy issues (bloating etc) and have been to the doctor several times about it - apparently the symptoms sound a lot like caeliac (however you spell it) but I have been tested a couple of times and it always comes up negative. I still do eat bread but a very small amount and it seems to help, I really notice if I eat more, but I'm not sure if that is just because I have cut back so much I'm not used to it?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 03, 2012 10:07 am

pinkperfection wrote:
Trainer was completely different tonight. I only lost 200grams this fortnight but he just said to up the intensity. I'm hoping to join his Tuesday and Thursday mornings group pt sessions from next week. I feel skinnier, FH is noticing it so I'm hoping for a good loss next week.
Had am awesome training session. Burnt 600 calories and I really pushed myself. He was really impressed with how I went. Positive thinking from here on and I will lose lots of weight!

That's great! I love group training sessions, so motivating!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 03, 2012 10:23 am

rubywoo wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
Who did you see first Ruby? The naturopath? I have always had tummy issues (bloating etc) and have been to the doctor several times about it - apparently the symptoms sound a lot like caeliac (however you spell it) but I have been tested a couple of times and it always comes up negative. I still do eat bread but a very small amount and it seems to help, I really notice if I eat more, but I'm not sure if that is just because I have cut back so much I'm not used to it?

My doctor didn't seem all that concerned about it, but I knew something wasn't right, so that's when I started visiting the naturopath. I get post-nasal drip from certain foods too (but it's hard to pinpoint which ones) so I'm trying to work that out at the moment as well. My detox diet is even helping with our sex life, because my post-food bloating is non-existant now so I feel much better in myself :D

ETA: Post-nasal drip is where mucus builds up in the sinus, so I constantly have to clear my throat for about 1/2 hr after eating. Seriously gross.

My doctor was the same! I know it must be hard for them when you can't pinpoint the symptoms but seriously it's so frustrating! I even had a colonoscopy because I was having so much discomfort, but that didn't come up with anything either. Do you need a referral to see a naturopath?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 am

rubywoo wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
My doctor was the same! I know it must be hard for them when you can't pinpoint the symptoms but seriously it's so frustrating! I even had a colonoscopy because I was having so much discomfort, but that didn't come up with anything either. Do you need a referral to see a naturopath?

Nope, I just called up and made an appointment. I did ask for recommendations from friends and family first which I am glad I did, because it can be quite overwhelming finding one that doesn't try and force heaps and heaps of supplements onto you (so they earn more money).

Before my first appointment, I had to take a HUUUUGGGGE online survey which asked every question under the sun - the naturopath then analysed my responses to determine where my problem areas are (hormones, food intolerances and immune system).

I always worried about that, there seem to be so many out there and all the supplements etc are a bit overwhelming!
Is your naturopath in Geelong? If so could you please PM me the details? Thanks xx

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 am

I haven't lost any weight yet this month and have been sitting on 63.4kgs for 2 weeks now, my goal is only 62kgs so it's not far off, but my wedding is only 4 weeks away EEEK! If I got down to 60kgs that'd be my ultimate all time goal, but I'm not too bothered if I don't. I start physio for my ankle injury on Sat so am hoping the physio will let me do some sort of exercise even if it's just aquaerobics or pilates.. just something.. anything. I haven't done anything bar a bit of situps and arm small weights since Feb and I'm dying to do something. If not I may have to reduce my calories more to get ride of that last 1.4kgs :(

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Thu May 03, 2012 1:17 pm

LMB, is swimming off the cards? You can get some good cardio done in the pool.

I'm focusing on sprints and core workouts at the moment. The sprints are caning me but because they are quick I can fit them in. With 4 weeks to go I need all the time I can get to finish the million things left on my list to do!

sandybabii

Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 pm

I am feeling so :cry:

I had a dress tailor made last year this time for my friend's wedding. I am going to another wedding tomorrow and thought I could wear the same dress.
But devastatingly, I can only barely squeeze into it and can't even sit down if I tried.

It is SO depressing. The weird thing is I only put on 4kg since then. I didn't realise it made such a big difference..
I think it's really time to do something drastic :(

katiea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu May 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I'm three days late, but i'd love to be in on this :D
Funnily enough I recently (last friday) saw a natropath too! After a few months of trying to shift some weight and not seeing much change at all, I thought it was worth a try. She was lovely, and I'm really hoping it will help! After filling out what seemed like 100 pages of my entire life story (lol!), we discussed my symptoms & the things that were making me feel 'unbalanced', followed by her doing a reading of my iris which was really fascinating! She said that from that she could see an imbalance in the way my body produces/deals with insulin - which she said explains why I've had trouble shifting the kg's. Basically she explained that it means that rather than using carbs for energy, my body is more prone to storing them (great, thats just what I need! :roll:) . Anyway, she has given me some liquid herbs to take twice a day (which I dread every time I have to take them - they're absolutely horrible!) and another to take at night to help me get good quality sleep as she also explained that healthy sleeping patterns play a big part in the way our metabolism functions. She also asked me to get some blood tests taken so that she can check my thyroid function, iron levels and a whole bunch of other things, which I've got booked into for tomorrow. Lastly she told me that it is really improtant for me to eat small, high protein snacks every 2 1/2 hours. I'm finding this really hard to do on work days - but I'm trying! I'm also having a hard time trying to find high protein foods that are quick and easy and actually appeal to me, so any suggestions would be great! I'm due to see her again next friday and she said we'll talk more then about food options (she wanted to get the thyroid results before talking too much about the food side of things).
Anyway, after that boring long post (ha!) I'll finish by posting my current stats :D
Oh, and I have my first EVER appointments to try on dresses at the end of this month, so thats perfect motivation!

Current weight: 67kgs
Goal weight end of May: 63kgs
Goal weight by wedding: 57kgs
Total weight loss goal: 10kgs
Loss per week for May goal: 1kg

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 04, 2012 9:19 am

rubywoo wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
I always worried about that, there seem to be so many out there and all the supplements etc are a bit overwhelming!
Is your naturopath in Geelong? If so could you please PM me the details? Thanks xx

Done :) and yeah, the supplements are a bit overwhelming, but I now swear by them. Normally I'm a very sickly person, but I haven't had a single cold, sniffle or stomach bug since seeing the naturopath.

LittleMissBride wrote:
I haven't lost any weight yet this month and have been sitting on 63.4kgs for 2 weeks now, my goal is only 62kgs so it's not far off, but my wedding is only 4 weeks away EEEK! If I got down to 60kgs that'd be my ultimate all time goal, but I'm not too bothered if I don't. I start physio for my ankle injury on Sat so am hoping the physio will let me do some sort of exercise even if it's just aquaerobics or pilates.. just something.. anything. I haven't done anything bar a bit of situps and arm small weights since Feb and I'm dying to do something. If not I may have to reduce my calories more to get ride of that last 1.4kgs :(

Sounds like you're champing at the bit to start exercising again! And hey, at least you haven't gained any weight while being unable to exercise - I reckon that's a huge achievement in itself! Good luck with the last tiny bit of weight!

Thank you! Glad you have found something that is working for you :)

bronzestar
I survived and got married

Fri May 04, 2012 11:11 am

I'm in this month. Seriously annoyed that TTOTM seems to arrive at the end of the month so my end of month figures are crap cos I'm bloated and eating chocolate.... Will have to stay away from the scales and just use my clothes as measurement cos the scales and their rollercoaster during the month is depressing :(

rubywoo wrote:
TMI Warning:
Be wary though - since significantly upping my protein intake, I've had err, regularity problems :e_shifty: which is apparently very common with a high protein diet, so my naturopath has now put me on some foods with good oils to help in that department (chia seeds, laxseed oil) plus some herbal "bowel support" capsules (ingredients are ginger, chamomile, cinnamon, rhubarb) for immediate relief.

I was wondering about this ^ Puts me right off a high protein diet :? To all the ladies who are on low carb and high protein diets, do you get enough fibre? Do you track your fibre?

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 04, 2012 12:16 pm

hmmm that is a good question. I eat high protein, low (not nil) carbs and don't seem to have any issues in that department!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 04, 2012 1:54 pm

bawawa too funny! Gotta love it! ;)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri May 04, 2012 1:59 pm

LOL no secrets here! :lol:

Fri May 04, 2012 8:06 pm

My current weight is 113 kgs... I would like to get down to 75 kgs within 12 months. The wedding is not until 2015 :)

lollyonline

Fri May 04, 2012 8:14 pm

I think I am one of those rare people who buy a dress to eat my way into lol. My worse case scenario is that my dress needs to be taken in.

Starting weight: 42kg
Current weight: 47kg
Goal weight: 50kg (but hoping for about 3kg of boobs lol)

My problem is that I have lost all my shape. I love having a little belly but my wedding dress is loose around the top. My problem is is that I gain weight to my stomach and it takes months for the weight to shift elsewhere. I know buying clothes when your a larger size is difficult, but most shops don't go as low as a 4-6 so it's a struggle to find anything that sits right on me.

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 am

Good luck lolly! You know I reckon a weight gain diet wouldn't be all that dissimilar from a weight loss diet. Plenty of good quality protein, lots of healthy fats and good carbohydrates, and the right exercises!

Anyway - wonderful news (for me), I've lost another 800g this week and this puts me at less than 4kgs from goal weight, and I have another 4 weeks to go, but if I can lose 2.5kgs I'll be stoked! yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I really think it's the sprints and the change of diet that has helped. Except a calf muscle injury is going to put me out of action for a few days :(

LittleMissBride
I need a title
I need a title

Sat May 05, 2012 10:14 am

Hey Girls,

Hope everyone is going well this month - this is my last month as I get married in the first week of June! EEEK!!!!

I have managed to lose 800grams so far which I am stoked about as I am still unable to do cardio yet since breaking my ankle so it's all down to very clean healthy eating (not weird dieting or starving coz I just couldn't do that).

Also this leaves me only 600grams from my goal with 30 days to go!!! I know I can do it. Timelines of actual weight loss are:

2008 - 99-6kgs
2009 - 85kgs
2010 - 77kgs
2011 - 65 - 69kgs (bit up and down)
2012 Feb - 69.5kgs
MARCH I broke my ankle!
2012 Now - 62.6kgs

GOAL: 62kgs

So proud of myself! :D :P

Zenyatta
DIY Bride
DIY Bride

Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 am

You should be!! that's fantastic! at my heaviest I was about 70 kilos about a year and a half ago and when I look back at my licence photo from then I feel horrified!!

darkphoenix

Sat May 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Lolly, good luck! I know how hard it is to put on weight. I dropped down to 51kg (which at 6ft is not good), I managed to get back up to 65kg with diet. I then proceed to put on another 5kgs cause of silly medication so I'm trying to lose that but it is a lot more difficult to put on weight then it is to loose it. Clothes shopping was a nightmare too, a lot of size 6's were too big but girls clothing was too short. I ended up seeing a kinesiologist to help slow my metabolism and had a diet high in protein and carbs. I kept fats and sugars to a minimal though as I put on weight around my thighs first.

I've lost another 400grams, not much but better then nothing. I haven't measured myself yet this week but my clothes are a touch looser so I'm hopeful.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22