A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: August Weight Loss Thread

Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 am

I'm in for August. I know I say this every month, but now I've only got four months to go so I'm running out of time to procrastinate!

Starting weight: 56.3kg

I weigh myself every other morning and it goes up and down a bit. My average for July was 56.4kg. I'm hoping that my average for August is 55.something. I'd also like to see a 54.something at some point throughout the month. So that means... more time at the gym and sticking to my low fat / low carb diet. No more sneaky serves of mashed potatoes!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 am

Well done Monsoon Princess! You can do 3kg this month i know it!

Better start off for August, jumped on the scales last night 88.5kg! (and that was after tea and 1L of cordial (diet cordial of course) WOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOO! have been hovering between 90.5 and 89 for a few weeks now.
Goal by 31st August .... well 80 would be nice but it will never happen so realistic is 85kg and i think i will be happy.
That gives me September and start of october to get to 80kg :lol: (however unlikely!)
Ultimate realistic goal is 80kg on the day (20th October 2012).

alycebride

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Woohoo August here we go ladies!! I'm at 68kg, 65kg is the goal for the wedding so just under 4 months to get there! I'm going to try and limit my carb intake and increase my protein for something different and up my weight training.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start!

Wow Hollie - amazing - no wonder your clothes are fitting better, 10kgs in an awesome achievement, congrats

Congrats Adrienne, sounds like you are going really well, keep at it and I'm sure you will keep going towards your goal!

Alyce, that is a great goal, I started at a similar weight and it is coming off very slowly... But hopefully that means it will stay off!!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:38 pm

rubywoo wrote:
I'm in again too! I'm 71.0kg, and I'd really like to get into the 60s this month. I had a pretty bad weekend which has set me back a bit, and I'm struggling now to regain control of my cravings.

I have a little, err, problem at the moment that means I cannot exercise because it's painful to move... so it's going to be all about diet for a while.

That's a shame you can't exercise but if you knuckle down on food I'm sure you will be in the 60s in no time!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 pm

I am in this month too! Hopefully by the end of the month it will start to warm up for us all!

Misteri82 - Good on you for starting early! 4 months will go by so quickly - better to start sooner rather than later!! Good luck!

Holllie - Wohoo you are smashing it. You will be in the 80s in no time!

adrienne - Well done! That is a massive loss for a few weeks - you must be pumped!

Alyce - You can do it. We are similar weights (I started the sameish weight) and you can defo do it!!!

Michelle - what are you goals??

Ruby - You are SOOOO close to getting into the 60s!! You are Hollie are sooo close!

Well for me I am hovering on 64.1/64.2 at the moment. My goal for August is to get into the 63s. Ideally at the bottom of the 63s would be great...and if I am super good I would love to get into the 62s and near goal! But, I am not sure if that will happen. So, my goal is to enter the 63s and to continue my dry July into August. The occasional vino with friends is OK, but no more drinking for the hell of it! Special occasions only!

Good luck everyone! I have a good feeling about this month!!! :twisted:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:26 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
I am in this month too! Hopefully by the end of the month it will start to warm up for us all!

Misteri82 - Good on you for starting early! 4 months will go by so quickly - better to start sooner rather than later!! Good luck!

Holllie - Wohoo you are smashing it. You will be in the 80s in no time!

adrienne - Well done! That is a massive loss for a few weeks - you must be pumped!

Alyce - You can do it. We are similar weights (I started the sameish weight) and you can defo do it!!!

Michelle - what are you goals??

Ruby - You are SOOOO close to getting into the 60s!! You are Hollie are sooo close!

Well for me I am hovering on 64.1/64.2 at the moment. My goal for August is to get into the 63s. Ideally at the bottom of the 63s would be great...and if I am super good I would love to get into the 62s and near goal! But, I am not sure if that will happen. So, my goal is to enter the 63s and to continue my dry July into August. The occasional vino with friends is OK, but no more drinking for the hell of it! Special occasions only!

Good luck everyone! I have a good feeling about this month!!! :twisted:

Hehe thought I could get out of that one ;) I want to stick to my exercise and eating as much as possible and hopefully see a few more kgs go!! Especially before I start having fittings for my dress... My goals are very similar to yours Kaz, would love to be 62kgs so still 3-4 to go in the next couple of months... Would love to get down to 60kgs but don't know if that is achievable... something to aim for anyway!

Yes hopefully the warm weather will be more inspiring!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:30 pm

heheh I noticed you made a comment without posting your goals - no where to hide here - hehe :oops:

You will defo get to goal for sure! You still have 12 weeks to go...and that is defo enough time! You can do it!! :mrgreen:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:36 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
heheh I noticed you made a comment without posting your goals - no where to hide here - hehe :oops:

You will defo get to goal for sure! You still have 12 weeks to go...and that is defo enough time! You can do it!! :mrgreen:

Hehe nowhere to hide!!

You are going great guns, am going to steal some of your workout tips and hopefully shake it up a bit! I don't have much room to move with my food (except weekend vinos - oops!) so think stepping up the exercise will help. That's the plan anyway ;)

sachick90
I survived and got married

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm in again too. Really trying to lose cm's from the hips more than weight loss though

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Me too!

I went to the naturopath this morning, and she's given me some tings to assist with my fatigue, so hopefully when that kicks in, Ill be raring to go!

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:33 pm

im in! my goal is not so much to lose weight as it is not to eat any more candy!! I devoured a whole bag of wine gums at work today :|

I did go for a jog at lunch though to try to redeem myself

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 pm

Look at this thread go!

Those who can't excercise at the moment, are you able to do a bit of wii fit? or maybe just walk the block? every little bit helps! If you cant do all over, maybe just do arms or legs? Grab some tins of canned fruit and do lots of arm curls. I know you will feel like a bit of a dope, but maybe do it when no one else is home? Toning is still excercise :)

I know what you're saying monsoon princess about its been a while! Thinking about it, i was at my lightest at 74kg the year after grade 12! And i was super skinny (for me) and size 12! And it all went down hill from there! Damn you contraception! I blame you for at least 15kg! (the other 15 is all my own fault lol)

I can't help with hips as such but i have found lunges and squats great for my thighs! I have lost heaps around my thighs....problem is i can hide them! i'd rather it come off somewhere else! haha. I have lost a bit of "back fat" around the middle with crunches and the swing to the side crunches (left elbow to right knee and vice versa). That might help?

Oh and the great news for tonight - I'm no longer the only "fat kid" running around at boot camp! :mrgreen: (not that im calling anyone else "big" but you know what i mean -i am still the biggest there however) I have friends with me at the back of the pack! :mrgreen: Haha. Day 3 of the Slim Shake diet - going well, I pre planned and have taken the portions of powder and milk to work, and i have small portions of dried fruit & nuts and bannana chips lined up on my desk at work! It seriously looks like im hoarding food! So no excuse to divert the plan! I am trying hard to stay at 1200 calories acording to MFP, but i am trying to stick to it.

Keep it up everyone - off to a great start!

Oh and everyone - dont forget to :mrgreen: dont be so hard on yourself....life wasn't meant to be so serious! Enjoy the journey not just the destination!

Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 pm

I have lost 2 kgs in a week and am happy at the loss :)

bronzestar

Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 pm

Im in for August. Bring on the warmer weather. I lost 7kg's for the wedding but have now put that all back on (plus some more). I'm too scared to get on my scales :oops: I know the number won't be good, which will just make me cry, and I'm a comfort eater through and through. I know that I have put on weight because of the way my clothes are fitting. My work pants are seriously uncomfortable. So I don't have a weight goal this month, but I would like my work pants to start fitting me a little nicer.

I was on MFP but cracked it and stopped logging. There is a lot of variation in the calories of the foods, and I would pick the lowest calorie one, which was cheating myself. So I stopped doing it. My goal is to eat 'cleaner', so less processed foods and more home cooking. DH has decided that he wants to be a part of this too, which is excellent. So it's more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Gotta get my 'A' into 'G' :lol: We intended to go for a pre-work walk yesterday, but that didn't happen cos it was freezing. So I vacuumed and mopped the floors instead. Today I spent an hour and a half weeding the garden.

I apologise for not doing personals, I'm on my ipad and that makes it difficult, and this is the third time I have tried to post in here....

So here's to a productive August ladies :D

Cinny_87

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm in this month! I haven't weighed in this week as I didn't want to know! This week has been terrible, I planned to go to the gym Mon night but ended up doing 3.5hrs unpaid overtime so didn't go then Tuesday night I had a meeting and well yesterday silly me didnt eat or drink enough and had a faint so wasn't up to going to the gym. Eating hasn't been too bad, under a few days but only by about 100 cals and have one day over. I'm 65.5kg last weigh in so I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and see what the scales are telling me! I'm hoping to hit 63 by the end of the month and 60 by end of October. My MFP is cinny_87 if anyone wants to add me (it will make me make sure i add it in as i have people watching)

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:45 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:

peony - we can help you with your mission!! Negative reinforcement helps too from what I've heard :P Great work going for the jog at lunch time!

Thanks!! You're off to a smashing start MonsoonPrincess, I hope to use you as my feel-good inspiration!! :) With everyone here doing so well, I feel more motivated to stay on top of my diet and be good O=)

Great job so far girls, I'm pumped this time!!

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:49 pm

bronzestar wrote:
Im in for August. Bring on the warmer weather. I lost 7kg's for the wedding but have now put that all back on (plus some more). I'm too scared to get on my scales :oops: I know the number won't be good, which will just make me cry, and I'm a comfort eater through and through. I know that I have put on weight because of the way my clothes are fitting. My work pants are seriously uncomfortable. So I don't have a weight goal this month, but I would like my work pants to start fitting me a little nicer.

I was on MFP but cracked it and stopped logging. There is a lot of variation in the calories of the foods, and I would pick the lowest calorie one, which was cheating myself. So I stopped doing it. My goal is to eat 'cleaner', so less processed foods and more home cooking. DH has decided that he wants to be a part of this too, which is excellent. So it's more of a lifestyle change than a diet. Gotta get my 'A' into 'G' :lol: We intended to go for a pre-work walk yesterday, but that didn't happen cos it was freezing. So I vacuumed and mopped the floors instead. Today I spent an hour and a half weeding the garden.

I apologise for not doing personals, I'm on my ipad and that makes it difficult, and this is the third time I have tried to post in here....

So here's to a productive August ladies :D

You can do it!! I too lost 7kgs for the wedding.. I remember what it was like for my work pants to feel uncomfortable and little too tight - not a nice feeling.
That's great that hubby wants to be a part of it so you can motivate each other. I reckon cutting out processed foods will do wonders. Will be keeping an eye on your progress....... so be good! Hehe :lol:

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 pm

Thats awesome news Monsoon Princess!

You can do it Bronzestar - all the way!

Dont worry to much Cinny_87.... we all have bad days/ weeks / months :P Back on the band wagon so thats all the matters!

Well girls i have some awesome news! 2 days in a row (so it much be true!) scales said 87.7kg 8O Woooooohhoooooo! A whole 700g this week but hell im am more excited about technically being under 88kg! Had a BBQ last night and a few drinks and consumed an extra 1000 calories (according to MFP) just with 1 apple cider and 3 glasses of wine - the food was spot on my target of 1200 calories even having home made burgers and apple crumble, but it was the drinks that put me over. But i dont care - you gotta have a life still! Going for a walk with a friend today so that should burm about 450 calories (according to MFP again). :P

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:31 am

That's awesome Adrienne, keep going!!

Well I had fried food last night but a few people have been commenting that I've lost weight, so yay! I'm not really disciplined about exercising, so I know diet is the main thing. It is seriously amazing what cutting out Maccas and Kentucky has done for me :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43