A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Re: August Weight Loss Thread

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

stormageddon wrote:
random question.... should i weight myself in the morning or night? and every day or once a week?
i always do it naked :lol:

First thing in the morning after you go to the toilet is best I think! But... as long as you are consistent with what you do ie. same time of day, clothed/naked you will be able to monitor your weight loss effectively.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

ok I should probably weigh myself tomorrow so i know what I am and how much i have to go, wish me luck :|

also is beef jerky healthy? i heard its a low fat and high protein snack but i think its full of salts? I get snacky sometimes and Im not sure what is the best to eat when I am intolerant to gluten, dairy, apples and oranges and i am allergic to almonds

bronzestar
I survived and got married

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm

stormageddon wrote:
also is beef jerky healthy? i heard its a low fat and high protein snack but i think its full of salts? I get snacky sometimes and Im not sure what is the best to eat when I am intolerant to gluten, dairy, apples and oranges and i am allergic to almonds

I think beef jerky is quite high in salt, they use the salt to dry it out. Too much salt means you retain water and your weight goes up :| Can I suggest one of those small tins of shredded chicken or tuna, or a boiled egg for a high protein snack? Or maybe some rice thins or celery with peanut butter?

I have to laugh, I finally gave in an weighed myself last week, the week before that time of the month. So this week when I get on the scales they have gone down by 1.5kg's without me doing anything differently :lol: I know that I'm just getting rid of that fluid that my silly body decides to retain etc but it's kinda nice to see that movement anyway.

darkphoenix

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:29 pm

I know its late but happy birthday Hollie!

Beef jerky is pretty bad, my brother loves it so I get it as a birthday treat for him and I looked at the ingredients, salt is before the meat!! I'm lactose intolerant too, I found Woolworths sells liddels yoghurt which is dairy free and yummy too. Otherwise I snack on vege sticks with hummus or home made muesli bars.

I'm dying to get back home (except for being without DH for a week) as I really want to take my measurements! My jeans are a bit lose so I'm hopeful. I've been walking from the hotel to induction this week, its 5kms return trip and been coping ok with that so I'm pretty happy. Very very slowly getting there.

Just curious, have any of you girls heard of the paleo diet? It sounds fairly logical to me but was just wondering if anyone had experience with it?

Middy58

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:25 am

Adrienne I have tried a gazzilliom diets and I find the best one that works for me is to simply stick to 1200cals a day. I find that different diets work for different people. My sister has lost 20kg on low gi, whilst my step mum has lost10kg simply by cutting out sugar. I know that there is no way in hell I would be able to cut out sugar, so I don't even try as it would lead to guilt and frustration and ultimately failure. When I hit a plateau as it seems you have done I just increase my cal intake to 1500 for a week (that's maintenance cals for me) it seems to shock my body out of its rut when I go back down again. Try incorporating a new exercise, weight set etc.

Thanks stormaggedon. I'm sure you will. Just remember the closer you are to your goal the harder it is to shift so just keep at it.

Never heard of the paleo diet darkphoenix. What does it involve?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 am

darkphoenix wrote:
I know its late but happy birthday Hollie!

Beef jerky is pretty bad, my brother loves it so I get it as a birthday treat for him and I looked at the ingredients, salt is before the meat!! I'm lactose intolerant too, I found Woolworths sells liddels yoghurt which is dairy free and yummy too. Otherwise I snack on vege sticks with hummus or home made muesli bars.

I'm dying to get back home (except for being without DH for a week) as I really want to take my measurements! My jeans are a bit lose so I'm hopeful. I've been walking from the hotel to induction this week, its 5kms return trip and been coping ok with that so I'm pretty happy. Very very slowly getting there.

Just curious, have any of you girls heard of the paleo diet? It sounds fairly logical to me but was just wondering if anyone had experience with it?

Yay, loose jeans is always a good sign! ;) I have heard of the paleo diet but haven't tried it, I think it is a high protein/low carb type eating plan? I have tried Bodytrim before and that definitely worked, I still use the basic principles but have been pretty slack with it lately.

On a different note, I have been getting some odd "compliments". At the gym Monday night the trainer set me up on the treadmill with some sprints. He came back about 10 mins laters and was like "Wow, I am shocked, I thought you would have been keeled over dying by now". LOL it totally threw me with how blunt he was but I guess he means I am fitter than I look?! Haha!
Then, last night, we were signing some documents with our mortgage broker who we have been dealing with since we bought our first unit (about 4 years ago). He had to put down my license number, when I gave it to him he goes "how long ago was this photo taken?!" and I'm like "last year?" and he goes "wow - you are blossoming, just blossoming" LOL!! I guess is was a bad photo?!

Anyway that's all for me, TTOM is just around the corner so feeling very blah and emotional :(

darkphoenix

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 am

From what I can gather rhe paleo diet is going back to hunter gatherer instincts so no grains, no dairy, nothing processed. Just fresh fruit, veg and meat, it's high in protein but still had carbs, just wasn't sure how it would work being vege or if it even worked.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:20 am

darkphoenix wrote:
From what I can gather rhe paleo diet is going back to hunter gatherer instincts so no grains, no dairy, nothing processed. Just fresh fruit, veg and meat, it's high in protein but still had carbs, just wasn't sure how it would work being vege or if it even worked.

Yeah that sounds similar to what I have heard. I don't know how it would work being vege - have you tried googling it?

alycebride

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:44 pm

My fh loves the paleo diet! What you said is right, it's like "cave man" eating, so no processed foods, high protein diet. No rice, no pasta, no corn, no sugar, no grains, nothing processed. My fh lost 2kg in a week on it, he does it every now and again to kick start his weightloss when he gets in a rut. It's pretty good, it gets boring though so we don't stick on it too long. We basically just had a heap of eggs, bacon and mushrooms for brekky (no bread), a big salad for lunch with heaps of salmon, chicken or ham and a meat and veg for dinner including potato. So its virtually impossible to do if your a vego as a lot of the diet is based on the fact that you eat large portions of meat!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 pm

I had my final test for bootcamp last night, and since 4 weeks ago i beat my 2 laps of the oval time by 30 seconds and did an extra 15 push ups in 1 minute than previously. Too bad i cant see any lump and bumps missing :lol: . Thanks Middy, i have been trying to stick to 1200 calories as well, and doing slim shakes for brekky and lunch when i feel like it (trying to do it but the girls at work are not very helpful and ask me if i want food for lunch!). I was thinking about it this morning and i have lost about 5 - 6 kg since May, and i guess i should be happy with that. I have been doing boot camp 3 days a week and 5 days this week sometimes twice a day. But i found out last night tomorrow is the last session until the next one in october! (i get married in october!) 8O damn it. I need to keep active to give myself the best chance but i am slack as when it comes to doing it myself at the gym (which is why i loved bootcamp!). I thought i still had 1 more week which worked out well cause im away for work the week after next, then back for a week, then i have my 1 and only dress fitting the week after that, then 2 weeks til i go home for the wedding. FRUSTRATED!

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:07 pm

I'm really skeptical of all diets. If they sound easy and/or fun, they can't possibly work! Hehe..

Adrienne, awesome that you beat some personal bests!

My good news.. I slipped into an old work dress that only a few months ago gave me heartburn cos it got that tight. Such a good feeling!! :D
I still want to tone the ol' saddlebag thighs and bingo wings a bit more but I'm happy with my weight. I've stayed consistent (to the 100g) for the last few weeks - just need to keep doing what I'm doing!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:45 am

Bit the bullet and stood on the scales this morning... Good news is I am 2kg lighter than i thought i was :D 73kg. still want up to 5kg and i will be happy, I am pretty sure I will be happy anyway

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:01 am

stormageddon wrote:
Bit the bullet and stood on the scales this morning... Good news is I am 2kg lighter than i thought i was :D 73kg. still want up to 5kg and i will be happy, I am pretty sure I will be happy anyway

Congrats, that's great!

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:50 pm

I think my excitement the other day was premature.. I feel blue. It was such a "fat" day for me today. I am a pear shape and I feel so sad that my thighs will never go away :(
If anyone knows any great thigh exercises, please share!

darkphoenix

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:06 pm

I'm the same! I love my body down to about my waist but below that, all the fat goes straight there! I haven't tried it but mu Chinese herbalist suggested citrus augmentin, apparently it dissolves all the Brown fat which is usually what's around your tummy and thighs, still don't know whether to give it a go or not. As for exercises, I have no idea. I'm interested too if anyone knows any.

I've been a little bad today, I don't cope well being any where on my own. My imagination runs wild with every creak of the house or outside noise so its brining on minor anxiety. Used to be really bad when I was young but just happens every so often these days but its the only thing that sets off stress eating. I get anxious I eat chocolate or greasy crap. The boys brought in pizza for lunch so had a couple slices, followed by chocolate when I got home. Dinner was a plate full of veges but had a couple drinks to help rhe nerves. With DH being away for another week yet I'm dreading how Mich weight I'll put on

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 pm

stormageddon wrote:

WOOHOO - great news & well done!!

I haven't posted in this thread this week yet - I had my weigh in on Wednesday and am pleased to say I lost another 600g. So, in 2 weeks I've almost lost a kilo. I'd swear that the last few kilos are always the hardest to lose. The weight doesn't come off as quickly and you've really gotta watch what you eat. I guess the 2 pizza slices I had tonight won't help my cause but I planning on running in the morning so hopefully, I'll work it off then.

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Great job hbm!! The last few kgs are definitely the toughest, but you will get there!! :)

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:03 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
I am determined to lose at least a kilo before Friday. I have all this week off uni, so it can be done. I hope. I haven't eaten all that badly this week (even on my birthday!) I don't think, aside from yesterday when I barely ate at all.

Good luck with your weight loss goal for next week MonsoonPrincess - I find it so hard to lose weight when I'm studying or have an assignment due and usually end up eating rings around myself. I am the queen of procrastination and find myself opening the fridge door at least a million times a day to see what's in there for me to scoff :wink:

Middy58

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Hey ladies!

So get what you mean about the uni eating thing. Every time I lose weight I always fall off the wagon when FH comes home from work (he works away). He is a cooking enthusiast, but am so proud of myself for saying no to his pork belly roast 2 days ago! I fell off the wagon yesterday however, and ate Maccas for lunch (The new lamb burger is DELISH BTW). I didnt stop there though. We went out for dinner where I polished off a gourmet dip plate for entree, seafood platter for main and chocolate brownie with coconut sorbet for dessert. Combine this with a pina colada, a can of jimmy and a bottle of sauv and welcome to Bloat City!! :oops: :oops:

Back on it today, but am not expecting a loss on Wednesday :( If i maintain 72.5kg I will be thrilled!

If my wedding wasn't enough motivation, we are also heading to Fraser Island for Chrissy and WA for New years...Hello bikini!

Go Monsoon Princess! Hope your back has eased up a little!

darkphoenix

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Our scales were lost in the move! I've searched high and low but no luck so I have no idea what I weigh. I've redone my measurements though and I've lost .5" around my thighs and hips!

I've actually been really sick the past two days, haven't been able to keep anything down so just been living on berroca and lemonade, managed to stomach a tomato juice this morning but still feel crap. Hoping it passes, find when I'm sick my body hates me and I put weight on somehow!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.45