Re: August Weight Loss Thread

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 am

I am eating allens snakes as I type this! Diet starts again tomorrow :oops:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:01 am

How was everyone's weekend? I had fish and chips last night eek... had been out at the hockey all day, was emotional (pre-TTOM) and was starving. But you know what I did really well for the rest of the weekend and I really enjoyed it so not going to dwell on it.

sachick90
I survived and got married

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:07 pm

I totally know what you mean about uni and eating. If I am doing an assignment I usually eat heaps of crap

Miss Michelle - I didn't have hockey this week and missed it incredibly, however e are in the first round of finals, not so good about being emotional though.

Dark Phoenix - hopefully your scales show up soon, but that's good about losing cm's

AFM I have been pretty slack lately and have gone back up to 65 just seems like I maintain that same area no mater what I do. It really isn't helping with one of my friends who just goes on about calorie counting and she fits in 4 hours of exercise a day. I an lucky to get an hour if exercise a day :-(

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 pm

sachick90 wrote:
I totally know what you mean about uni and eating. If I am doing an assignment I usually eat heaps of crap

Miss Michelle - I didn't have hockey this week and missed it incredibly, however e are in the first round of finals, not so good about being emotional though.

Dark Phoenix - hopefully your scales show up soon, but that's good about losing cm's

AFM I have been pretty slack lately and have gone back up to 65 just seems like I maintain that same area no mater what I do. It really isn't helping with one of my friends who just goes on about calorie counting and she fits in 4 hours of exercise a day. I an lucky to get an hour if exercise a day :-(

Yay for you being in finals! We had our first final (1st v 2nd) but lost unfortunately! Really close game but just couldn't get there and lost 3-2 :( We have a second chance this week. I don't know how I am going to go without hockey!!

alycebride

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:33 pm

I've got three weeks until my hens night so I'm being super strict right now :s One week left in the month! How's everyone going with their goals?

darkphoenix

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:47 pm

4 hours a day! I feel like dying after an hours exercise! That's insane.

Still no scales but I'm feeling pretty good. Been exercising almost every day, missed Saturday as I felt like hell but I've been doing min 10km on the bike, 20 most days. I'm finding I'm eating healthier with DH away, last night was a plate of roast veges and for lunch its sweet potato quinoa salad. Although I'm having massive sugar cravings :( Trying hard to ignore it

amyk33

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi i'm Amy and i'm getting married December 15th (so roughly 3 and half months) and i'm about to get my butt into gear and get organized on my weight loss journey.
I exercise 3 times a week in a hour long high intensity step class. I am 21 and i am 170cm high. I am Hungarian so have very heavy European genes which i do struggle with. I have a very round face when i put on weight and it does not photograph that well when it is round (it makes me look quite big), but it is also first place that i tend to lose weight weirdly enough.

My current weight is 74kg and my goal weight is 65kg. I have put on about 6 kg this year as i started working in a bakery/coffeehouse just by eating a lot of carbs and sugar.
So my main focus is to cut out high sugar items and heavy carbohydrates and replace them with healthy sugars like fruit and my carbs with quinoa and low GI bread.
I'm also going to be trying to increase my exercise with weights on alternate days to my step class but im not sure how well i will stick to that :P
wish me luck <3

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:21 am

when i got home from work last night FH was waiting for me with a glass of wine... so i drank it :( at least there is no more in the house now :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 pm

Geez four hours?! I think one to one and a half is enough!

Welcome Amy :)

Middy58

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Welcome Amy! Your stats are very similar to mine. Good luck on your weight loss journey. A lot of us girls are very lucky. I can not think of any more motivation to lose weight than my wedding! And the fact that I do not want to waste the money I have spent on the photographer by hating the photos and no using them in my house!!

@stormageddon - Sometimes I love it when I will finish that bottle of wine/block of chocolate etc. At least it is not there to tempt you anymore!

@darkphoenix - ten kms each day! Super woman! I can't wait till I get my knee operated on (going for surgical consult tomorrow) and can exercise that much!

@alycebride - Have fun on your hens! Can not wait for mine. Nearly as excited as my wedding

AFM, FH has been given an extra week off work due to breakdowns. Stressing because his pay check wont be coming in and because when he is home I find it really difficult to eat well. I had to have a full blown argument with him yesterday as he wanted to cook me a cheesy spaghetti carbonara. He loves cooking, and hates me not eating it. Our relationship involves food, ie. we love dining out and having cook offs on a sunday, and he is just frustrated because my menu selection has become a lot more limited.

And this might be slight TMI, but I am struggling to get enough fibre, how do you ladies achieve this??

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:09 pm

hey Middy,

I dont really eat Fibre but i drink ALLOT of water maybe that helps ?:)

darkphoenix

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 am

Welcome Amy :) Good luck with your journey, these girls are great for motivation, or whinging to when youre tired of it :p

I agree with you just have to do it sometimes tan. I find if I say no all the time I'll end up having a stupid big splurge.

Aww shucks MP! I'm pretty overjoyed at how you're going to. Keep going to your blog or MFP(yes I'm still lurking) and thinking wow, I could never do that. You're going great guns and even if you don't reach 88kg by Friday you'll get there, you're doing fantastic. Hope DP feels better soon.

AFM, I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with the exercise, I can get through the first few minutes before my lungs start feeling on fire! Still a long way to go but I'll get there. And I've just been given a whole lot more motivation when it comes to good eating

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:43 am

How is everyone going? I can't believe its almost the end of the month again!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:57 am

Hi ladies,

You have all done so well this month - keeping accountable and posting here!

I have not had the easiest month - a little stressful and just completely out of routine!

BUT I am keeping positive and going to start a fresh for September - even though I have gained 700g this month! argh.

Hope you are all having a great month!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:51 am

mrsWtobe wrote:
Hi ladies,

You have all done so well this month - keeping accountable and posting here!

I have not had the easiest month - a little stressful and just completely out of routine!

BUT I am keeping positive and going to start a fresh for September - even though I have gained 700g this month! argh.

Hope you are all having a great month!

Welcome back hun, hope things have settled down at your end and you are feeling back to normal. :heart:
You have done really well to only gain 700g, that is nothing really!

I am so up and down at the moment, I think I need to stop relying on the scales so much - as soon as I see a loss, no matter how small, I can feel myself slack off :x I really need to knuckle down in the next couple of weeks before I have my dress altered. Eek!!!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:38 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
Katie, :heart: that is all!

Kaz, honey, these things happen. Are you okay my sweets? Image
And as Chelle said, 700g is really nothing at all! You know you can PM me, yeah? xx

Chelle, life is good today! DP is home and I'm playing nurse. Hate that he's sick, but gosh it's so nice to be able to look after him for once; makes me feel all womanly and shyte :lol: we're off to the doctor at 10:40. The doc is DP's family doc. I asked DP if I should see if he is taking new patients, and DP agreed. Another step in the right direction for us :wink: This will be good if I feel comfortable with him and if he is taking new patients.
And I know exactly what you mean...seeing the smallest of loss almost sets off a trigger in your brain telling you to chill and do what you want. Reality is, we should be kicking that thought's butt!
Are you taking your measurements hon? Seriously, these things rock!

Well, Wednesday Weigh In. HELLS YEAH! I AM NOW UNDER NINETY KILOGRAMS! I am so flipping excited!!! I weighed in at 89 on the dot this morning, and couldn't be happier. I'm only a few days behind my 88kg goal, and I thought I would be so deflated and flat if I didn't get there, but then I think about my 10cm loss around my waist from July 27 to August 27, and I'm all like "In your face, fatness!" haha
I stepped on the scales not expecting any movement at all. It took me a couple of deep breaths and I waited until the scales stopped moving (we've got old analogue scales) and then I looked down....and the excitement and relief that rained down on me was amazing! Even just recalling it, even though I know the figure said 89, I'm still getting all jittery and what not about the process, even though it's been and gone.

The sun is shining, today is a good day!

Wow Hollie, great day for you!! Under 90, what a fantastic achievement! And yes, the sun is shining, what a great day :)
Hope DP is feeling OK, that's so sweet that you took him to the doctor and have been looking after him. As much as its sad that he's unwell, it is nice to be needed sometimes ;)
No I haven't taken measurements, I find them so tedious and I don't know if I do them wrong but I never see a change! Anywhere! Surely something has to change?!
I just saw this article and thought I would share, some good ideas to mix things up a bit! http://womanincredible.com/5-quick-tips ... n-up-fast/

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm

I actually want Sep to hurry up and get here so i can set myself a goal for the month :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:29 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
stormageddon wrote:
I actually want Sep to hurry up and get here so i can set myself a goal for the month :)

hehe no reason you can't! I've got my goals set for the rest of the year already :P

Chelle, I only do them monthly, and I use this video while I'm doing it.
Loved that link you gave too!

DP is getting there; viral laryngitis so rest and fluids is all that can be done. It's nice not hearing the computer going though haha!

Thank you for the link, I'll have to have a look when I get home. Glad you liked the other link, I thought they were really good tips! Easy things that are often easy to overlook :)

Eek poor DP :( Lucky you are looking after him, hopefully he can get lots of rest and be back to normal ASAP.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

my goal for Sep is to get to 70kg :D

I havent been 70kg in a VERY long time
GZIP: On | Load: 0.53