A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: August Weight Loss Thread

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:44 pm

peony wrote:
Well I had fried food last night but a few people have been commenting that I've lost weight, so yay! I'm not really disciplined about exercising, so I know diet is the main thing. It is seriously amazing what cutting out Maccas and Kentucky has done for me :lol:

:lol: Thats good that others are noticing it :D It gives you Confidence to keep going!
Speaking of which one of the girls at work only this monring said that her parnter mentioned to her how much weight it looked like i've lost since he last saw me :) Just wish my other half would give me a little praise to me :oops:

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Is it too late for me to join you ladies in this thread?
I've got 3 kilo's to lose and would love to lose this weight by the end of August....
Accountability works wonders & if I know I have to post updates, it might help me get my bum into the gym a little more often :oops:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:16 pm

hbm wrote:
Is it too late for me to join you ladies in this thread?
I've got 3 kilo's to lose and would love to lose this weight by the end of August....
Accountability works wonders & if I know I have to post updates, it might help me get my bum into the gym a little more often :oops:

Of course not! Yes, I am all for accountability too :)

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:20 am

Welcom hbm!!! This thread is great for accountability! :)

How is everyone going this month? It is TTOM for me soon and I have shot up 1.5 kilos this week. Sigh..I know its just because of that but mentally is still devastating. I did however have a small cheese burger meal with lemonade on Sunday :oops: - so perhaps it is just that. Lol. Serves me right for eating crap! But I did enjoy it ;)

Hope everyone is going well...my 31st b'day is in 3 weeks time - I will continue to work hard and hopefully get into 63s by then!!!!

Cmon girls!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
Welcom hbm!!! This thread is great for accountability! :)

How is everyone going this month? It is TTOM for me soon and I have shot up 1.5 kilos this week. Sigh..I know its just because of that but mentally is still devastating. I did however have a small cheese burger meal with lemonade on Sunday :oops: - so perhaps it is just that. Lol. Serves me right for eating crap! But I did enjoy it ;)

Hope everyone is going well...my 31st b'day is in 3 weeks time - I will continue to work hard and hopefully get into 63s by then!!!!

Cmon girls!

Grrr hate TTOM!! At least you know it will come back off but soooo annoying seeing the extra numbers on the scales!

Don't beat yourself up about one meal, especially if you enjoyed it :)

Oh how exciting its almost your birthday, that would be awesome to be in the 63's!!

I weighed myself last night after I went for a jog and I was 64.8 soooo excited to see under 65!! But I think it must have just been because I was a bit dehydrated? I was 65.4 this morning, but still getting there... slowly!!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 pm

yay go Michelle!!! How good is that feeling!! All your hard work is paying off! It really helps with the motivation too when you get a loss too! yay!

Happy birthday month to you gorgeous! Are you a virgo too or a leo?? You can definitely get to your goal...so so close! Lets keep each other motivated so we can enjoy a piece of guilt free cake :mrgreen: !!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:20 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
yay go Michelle!!! How good is that feeling!! All your hard work is paying off! It really helps with the motivation too when you get a loss too! yay!

Happy birthday month to you gorgeous! Are you a virgo too or a leo?? You can definitely get to your goal...so so close! Lets keep each other motivated so we can enjoy a piece of guilt free cake :mrgreen: !!

Thanks hun, yeah I feel like I am finally getting somewhere!! ;)

misteri82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:29 pm

I just got a call from the bridal store saying my dress has arrived!

I'm thinking about having my first fitting on October 8th, which will be almost 2 months before my wedding. The dress comes with a complimentary veil that I still need to choose and it takes 3-4 weeks to come in, plus that Monday is a public holiday for me so it means I won't need to take the day off. But that date is exactly TWO months away! So it's definitely time to stop procrastinating, start sticking to the diet, and increase the amount of exercise I'm doing each week!

Today is weigh in day with my PT, and I'm feeling confident because the scales told me 55.8kg this morning. I'm suddenly feeling very motivated to exercise, so it's a good thing that I'm off to the gym in 30 minutes!

bronzestar
I survived and got married

Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:16 pm

I got really disheartened because TTOTM is at the end of the month for me, so I'd be losing then I'd gain again and finish the month basically where I started. :twisted:

I'm not doing great, but not too bad either. My exercise has been constantly lacking but I'm making some better choices with food (yes some, not all :lol: )

But I'm checking in here to be accountable.

Sounds like the August group in general is having a decent month, hopefully we see some losses this month. I'm still not game enough to step on my scales though....

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:33 am

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
M, that is awesome!! Fluctuation always happens, and that's why I only weigh myself once a week!

Kaz, sounds like we have a similar goal! My birthday is in 13 days and I would LOVE for those scales to say 88.0!! Such a great feeling isn't it!? I have been dying for Maccas this winter but I don't want to have it because I haven't had it since May 2011...that said I still enjoy other stuff so like Michelle said, if you enjoyed it!!

Hehe I know, I know :) I "officially" weigh in on Wednesdays but I weigh myself most days just to keep on track mentally. I only weighed myself after my run because I was curious, my scales seem a bit suss - surely you would weigh more after a run at the end of the day than first thing in the morning?!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:45 am

misteri82 - Wohooo that is exciting! I think it is great that you are starting your weight loss now...2 months will go by so quickly and if you can be at goal or near goal by the time your first fitting rolls on by it will be easier. I had my first fitting when I was about 5 kilos off goal and I am smaller at each fitting. Whilst the dress maker has had no issues with altering it each time...it is annoying to be never be quite at goal weight at the fittings. Plus, the 2 months will fly by!!!

bronzestar - Naww. I feel your pain. I am exactly the same (right there now too)! Just keep trying to eat well and exercise when you can and it should all balance out in the end. Being female sux sometimes!

Michelle - how long have you had your scales for??? Mine were only about 4 years old (Weight watchers digital ones) and they started doing weird things on me. So I bought new ones and I am so glad I did! Perhaps it is time for some new ones if the old ones are acting up?? Also,sometimes weight just shows up really odd numbers - I am not sure why!

Ruby - Yay congrats. It is daunting getting on the scales sometimes - but its the best feeling when it is not as bad as you thought it would be!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:51 am

rubywoo wrote:
I've been soooo slack for the first part of this month. I had one "spike" day then couldn't get my eating back under control! I am such an "all or nothing" kind of person.

I was really scared to weigh in this morning, but I did it anyway and I'm 71.7kg, which is heaps better than I thought (I was expecting to be back in the 74s after all the junk I've eaten). It's going to be a struggle to not eat chocolate now (I've been averaging two bars a day :oops: ) especially with AF just around the corner!

Argh, I hear you, I am a bit like that with exercise! I go all out for a week then the next week do nothing, so frustrating!

Is there anything you can substitute to help your chocolate cravings? I have a sugar-free hot choc drink that is really nice if I feel like something sweet after dinner (or before dinner sometimes!)

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Argh! was feeling so emo before...wanted to cry at work for real reason! Soooooooooooooo I bought myself a sausage roll at lunch. lol. I eat so badly at TTOM. Lord help me.

Mabye picking up the rings from the jeweller tonight might take my mind off my disgusting pig out! :)

darkphoenix

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 pm

I've been slack in jumping on the boat this month. The new jobs are unfortunately paid monthly and DH won't get his first pay till September so money is beyond tight! It's meant a budget of about $150 for 6 weeks of food! So pretty much anything we can afford (picture lots of rice and pasta) really isn't so great for the whole weight thing but I'm doing what I can. Making sure I drink lots more water and exercise where I can.

I had an absolute achievement tonight on the exercise front and feeling very proud, so I want to brag. Joking, probably more complain as I feel like I'm about to die! Up until tonight I haven't been able to exercise for more then 5min, 10min absolute tops, even that would leave me struggling for breath and feeling like my lungs collapsed. I've had doctors for the past 6 months or so telling me I will be like that for the rest of my life. I finally cracked the sh!ts today though, I'm sick of feeling like I can't do anything so I decided to push myself, I spent half an hour on my exercise bike! Did a huge (for me anyway) 20kms!!!! Thinking I may have pushed myself too much as I'm still struggling 20min later but I did it, almost killed myself doing it but I'm feeling pretty chuffed.

Enough of me! Ruby, I have a massive sweet tooth too. And TTOTM I will happily sit down and devour a family block in about 5 min :P I find fake chocolate works, there's a couple of sugar free and carob alternatives that are quite nice.

MrsWtobe, hugs! I think we all eat badly at that time and DH makes it worse for me! I'll make an off handed comment about a craving and he'll make it appear (god help me when I'm pregnant). A pig out every once in a while isn't a bad thing :)

MP, you're going great guns! You'll have a rocking bikini bod well and truly for summer the way you're going :)

Misteri, exciting about the dress fitting! Those two months will just fly by and believe me there's nothing like a white dress to help with the motivation. I lost 5kgs for our wedding. Then put it all back on but at least I looked good on the day :P

Sorry if I missed anyone, this month's gone off so a bit hard to go back through it all :)

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:03 pm

So, its been a few days since I last checked in & I must admit, I've been pretty well behaved now I know I've gotta post regular updates. Excluding the Tim Tams & glass of vino I'm shovelling down my throat ATM, I have eaten salads for lunch most days and reasonably healthy dinners. I've been to the gym the past 3 days so am feeling totally motivated to lose 3 kilos by the end of the month.
FH and I are off to the Hunter Valley for the weekend to meet up with some more suppliers, and have our menu tasting for our wedding. So, there will be lots of great food and wine consumed over the next few days - we are both super excited :D :D

Monsoon Princess - you are ON FIRE!! You must be very proud of yourself. Before you know it, your benchmark dress (love that concept BTW) will be falling off you & you'll need a new dress to gauge your weight loss. I bet you feel like a million dollars - good on you girl.

Mrs W - sounds like you & I are the same age. i just turned 31 a couple of weeks ago. Keep your eyes on the prize & just think how good you will feel reaching your weight loss goal for your birthday. You'll be able to have an extra big slice of cake & celebratory glass of champers.

Rubywoo - I also have a really sweet tooth. Sometimes to be good, I try and have a herbal tea after dinner but more often than not, it just doesn't cut it...and I end up eating a full packet of lollies.

I'm gonna weigh in weekly so will post my weight loss update (I'm ever the optomist) next Tuesday.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:38 am

mrsWtobe wrote:
Argh! was feeling so emo before...wanted to cry at work for real reason! Soooooooooooooo I bought myself a sausage roll at lunch. lol. I eat so badly at TTOM. Lord help me.

Mabye picking up the rings from the jeweller tonight might take my mind off my disgusting pig out! :)

Oh no honey you poor thing - was it just TTOM? :heart:

How did you go with your rings?! How exciting!!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:48 am

mrsWtobe wrote:
misteri82 - Wohooo that is exciting! I think it is great that you are starting your weight loss now...2 months will go by so quickly and if you can be at goal or near goal by the time your first fitting rolls on by it will be easier. I had my first fitting when I was about 5 kilos off goal and I am smaller at each fitting. Whilst the dress maker has had no issues with altering it each time...it is annoying to be never be quite at goal weight at the fittings. Plus, the 2 months will fly by!!!

bronzestar - Naww. I feel your pain. I am exactly the same (right there now too)! Just keep trying to eat well and exercise when you can and it should all balance out in the end. Being female sux sometimes!

Michelle - how long have you had your scales for??? Mine were only about 4 years old (Weight watchers digital ones) and they started doing weird things on me. So I bought new ones and I am so glad I did! Perhaps it is time for some new ones if the old ones are acting up?? Also,sometimes weight just shows up really odd numbers - I am not sure why!

Ruby - Yay congrats. It is daunting getting on the scales sometimes - but its the best feeling when it is not as bad as you thought it would be!

Yeah mine are pretty old... I probably do need to get a new set, they are usually pretty consistent then all of a sudden an odd number will show up!

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:49 am

miss_anne wrote:
mrsWtobe wrote:

Oh no honey you poor thing - was it just TTOM? :heart:

How did you go with your rings?! How exciting!!

Naww thanks hun. Yeh...it was just because of TTOM. Some months I can get extremely emotional for no real reason. Its really odd! High fat foods always seem to help? lol.

They are stunning!! So happy with them :) I just posted some piccies in my S&T!! :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:59 am

You poor thing! Hopefully you feel better in a couple of days. I say just eat it if it makes you feel better! Surely your body burns more cals during TTOM :)

Oh yay just saw them soooooo pretty!!

darkphoenix

Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Thanks MP :) I'm still feeling stoked about it today. Only hard thing is knowing when I'm over doing it my lungs feel like they're on fire and collapsing after 1min let alone half hour but it doesn't seem to feel any worse so hard to gauge. But I felt fine this morning so obviously didn't go too over the top. Being told you can't is the best motivation sometimes.
So I've been a bit naughty today, was good for breakfast and lunch but MIL put money in our account on the condition we got pizza for dinner, been a few weeks since we've had any kind of fast food so it was a nice treat. Was yummy but given how crap we've been eating lately it's made me feel a twinge of guilt.

MrsWtobe, I'm the same at that time. It doesn't take much for me to get all teary and my stupid body craves chocolate as well as fatty foods. And DH (god love him) for some reason likes avoiding the emotional craziness so is only too happy to have chocolate and fat on hand. Thank god it's only a week at a time!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22