A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

darkphoenix
I survived and got married

Re: August Weight Loss Thread

Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:57 pm

So you should be MP! 8kgs is frickin awesome! And to see it on the simulator, it really shows!

For me, I've just conquered the 20kms again! Took an extra 10min this time, my lungs were acting up before I even jumped on so had to take it at a much slower pace, still was just under 44min so I'm pretty happy with that. Thinking my goal is 20kms every second day and just take it at a slow pace, try to build up endurance before strength and I'll slowly bring up my pace over time. I struggled with it a bit more tonight, hit the 10km mark and was almost in tears. Just so frustrating sometimes, I know I shouldn't complain as I know how lucky I am just hate not being able to do whatever I want! Think it's getting to me a touch today cause we've started looking at our honeymoon in Canada next year, trying to plan where we want to go and what we want to do and we've already had to rule out a couple of things we'd both love to do cause of my stupid lungs :(

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi Guys,

Well done ^^ for getting to your 20km mark!

Well i had a shocker of a weekend but it was expected. Did a 9 hour roadtrip on friday afternoon to go to my (to be) neice's 16th Birthday for the weekend and had a roadhouse burger for lunch and roadhouse fish & chips for tea! then wasn't too bad saturday but then the 9 hour drive home yesturday i inhaled a bag of grain wave chips, a mini choccy bar and had a hawaiian pack for lunch and topped it off with chinese for tea! haha. Oh well. Jumped on the scales and have gone back upto 88.8kg but **** happens. Going to Bootcamp tonight and am thinking i might go back to my old bootcamp as well and do the tues-wed-thurs 5.30am sessions as well as the mon-wed-fri 6pm sessions i have been doing. Back onto the shakes this morning....hoping for a good week this week :)

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:39 pm

adrienne wrote:
**** happens. Going to Bootcamp tonight and am thinking i might go back to my old bootcamp as well and do the tues-wed-thurs 5.30am sessions as well as the mon-wed-fri 6pm sessions i have been doing. Back onto the shakes this morning....hoping for a good week this week :)

:tick: :tick: Couldn't agree more - if you have a really naughty weekend, just start over again. We can't be well behaved all the time, can we?
If it was easy to lose the kilos, we'd all be at our ideal weight already & this thread wouldn't exist...

I also had a shocker of a weekend - we had our menu tasting for our reception, cooked brekkies with lots of carbs plus I drank gallons of wine but I don't regret any of it. I'm still really determined to lose 3 kilos this month so when we got back to Sydney last night, I went to the gym and burnt off 600 calories, plus I had a small piece of BBQ salmon with salad for dinner. Had another salad for lunch today & a very light dinner tonight (which was so hard as FH was scoffing a pie & chips) but couldn't be bothered to go to the gym again.

Considering the gluttonous weekend I just had, when I weigh myself tomorrow, I'll be over the moon if I haven't put on any weight. And if I've lost some weight, I'll be over the moon & back again!!

darkphoenix

Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:30 pm

I did my 20kms both days over the weekend, couldn't bring myself to do it today though. But I didn't eat terribly so figure meh, even if I'm only exercising 3 days a week it's still pretty alright. Next week is going to be terrible for me! We're heading back to Brisbane for the week for our induction, work has put us up in a hotel (a nice one at that) but there's no kitchen so it's going mean eating out! I'll be trying to stick to healthy but with money being a problem I'll just have to eat whatever's cheapest and try to work it off.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 am

Grrrr I am so annoyed at myself!! After going really hard at it the last few weeks, I was starting to get compliments from people noticing I had lost weight - so what do I do?! Start eating whatever I want and slacking off with the exercise :(

Middy58

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:37 am

Hi everyone!

I know this is a random time to join the thread, but I really need to get my butt into gear and im hoping this makes me accountable!
I am 165cm and 75 kgs. Ideally, i would like to get to 63. I am an F cup so I think any lower that that and I won't look balanced. Anyway I live 1500km away from my bridesmaids. One of them is coming to visit me in November (our wedding is nov next year) so it would probably be the only time of the year I get to go dress shopping. So I'm hoping to be 68kg by then.
That's 8kg in 3 months.
My burden is my right knee. I need surgery on it sometime in the next few months and exercise is very limited for me. I can swim, but they have shut the local pool down for revamping :(
So I'm just going to do the best I can with what I can do. I had a gym membership but let it run out as I could not use most of the machines. Here is to a food month. 3 kgs hopefully by the end of the month (because I know a lot of water weight will come off :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:40 am

darkphoenix wrote:
I did my 20kms both days over the weekend, couldn't bring myself to do it today though. But I didn't eat terribly so figure meh, even if I'm only exercising 3 days a week it's still pretty alright. Next week is going to be terrible for me! We're heading back to Brisbane for the week for our induction, work has put us up in a hotel (a nice one at that) but there's no kitchen so it's going mean eating out! I'll be trying to stick to healthy but with money being a problem I'll just have to eat whatever's cheapest and try to work it off.

Could you take a little electric frypan or grill with you? Then you could make simple dinners so you wouldn't have the expense of eating out all the time, or get some things you could heat up in the microwave?

darkphoenix

Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 pm

Welcome Middy, never a bad time to join :) I can't exercise much either (or uavent been until this last week when my stubborn streak hit) but everyone (including pts and physio) have said its 80% food. So focus more on what you're eating then worrying about exercise and just do what little you can around your knee.

Thankfully work has changed the hotel and the new one is self contained! Silly girl got the wrong information and it turned out we were half an hohr away from the induction! So closer now and it'll be much cheaper.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
I've also been looking in the cupboards at what I can use as weights until I can come across some dumb bells and/or free weights

Have you heard of Freecycle? Rubywoo introduced me to it a couple of weeks ago and I know in my area I've seen a few people advertise free weights. You should check it out & even place an ad with them, you never know your luck.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:07 pm

7 day weigh in and I've only lost a crummy 300g. Bummer...but I wasn't expecting to lose much more TBH.
Went back to the gym this evening and have just eaten another light dinner - tuna & bean salad this time.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:56 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
miss_anne wrote:

For the vino drinkers out there, I thought you might appreciate this :D :

Oh i love this glass! where do i get 3? (me, mum & MIL) :heart: :mrgreen:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 am

Welcome Middy :)

Thanks Hol, I am so annoyed at myself but also looking at the positive - I have realised what I was doing and now I am going to change it! That said, I have been trying to get up at 5:30am to go for a walk but I keep hitting snooze! It is freezing though... ;)
Congrats, I am so glad you are seeing movement on the scales, it is so motivating to keep going!
Haha, love that glass, what a great idea! I think I would start on the bottom marker then end up on the top one ;)

Wow Hollie - just saw your update - another 500g, that is fantastic!! 90kgs, what a great milestone, yay for you!!

AFM, my weight keeps hovering up and down within about a 1kg range - so annoying! This may also be due to my scales as I have noticed they can give some odd readings, but still in a range I am OK with. Would love to lose another 3 or so kgs though before I start dress fittings.

How is everyone else going?

Middy58

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Cheers on the encouragement darkphoenix. Weight loss is my primary concern, but I would like to tone up a little as well. I think I will just do weights/push ups on the coffee table and see how far that gets me. Though hopefully FH won't be home. He will just bag me out :lol:

This might be a dumb question monsoon princess, but how do you ocean swim? Do you go side to side or from shore to further out? And congrats on the loss..sexy swimmers here you come!

Don't be too disheartened with 300gm hbm. A loss is a loss. That's over half a packet of mince meat that has come off your behind. I fine it helps to go to the kitchen and find something weighing 300gms. Now imagine that on your problem area and it won't feel like such a bad thing :lol:

Miss Anne keep up your hard work. My scales were dodgy too...I replaced them a few months back and came in at a whole 1kg lighter 8O

AF has popped in for her visit this week. I know it will be a false reading (my engagement ring is super tight at the moment so I know I'm bloated as) so I am going to wait until next Monday for weigh in. Have a junk free week everyone!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:47 am

Middy58 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome guys!

Cheers on the encouragement darkphoenix. Weight loss is my primary concern, but I would like to tone up a little as well. I think I will just do weights/push ups on the coffee table and see how far that gets me. Though hopefully FH won't be home. He will just bag me out :lol:

This might be a dumb question monsoon princess, but how do you ocean swim? Do you go side to side or from shore to further out? And congrats on the loss..sexy swimmers here you come!

Don't be too disheartened with 300gm hbm. A loss is a loss. That's over half a packet of mince meat that has come off your behind. I fine it helps to go to the kitchen and find something weighing 300gms. Now imagine that on your problem area and it won't feel like such a bad thing :lol:

Miss Anne keep up your hard work. My scales were dodgy too...I replaced them a few months back and came in at a whole 1kg lighter 8O

AF has popped in for her visit this week. I know it will be a false reading (my engagement ring is super tight at the moment so I know I'm bloated as) so I am going to wait until next Monday for weigh in. Have a junk free week everyone!

Haha I know what you mean, I try to squeeze in some exercises before FH gets home because I think he will pay me out!

Try this link, it has some great body weight exercises if you don't have any free weights.

bronzestar

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 pm

I finally got up the courage to step on my scales this morning. Not great news, I have indeed put back on almost all of the weight I lost for the wedding. Boo. But I sucked it up and went for a swim. It's sad how quickly you lose your cardio fitness, I was all puffed out after 2 laps. But I kept going and am really enjoying that post workout high, he he. MFP estimates that I burnt about 350 calories too.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Welcome Middy! It's great to have another person to encourage us all in our weight loss goals.

Look on the positive side bronzestar - at least now you know where you stand. You know how to get your fitness back as you've done it before. It is great to release those endorphins (says I who has been sitting on the sofa instead of going to the gym tonight - oh well, I promised myself I will go for a run in the morning).

darkphoenix

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:55 pm

adrienne wrote:
MonsoonPrincess wrote:
miss_anne wrote:

For the vino drinkers out there, I thought you might appreciate this :D :

Oh i love this glass! where do i get 3? (me, mum & MIL) :heart: :mrgreen:

Adrienne, I want one too so had a bit of a search. They're from a company called Caloric Cuvee (they're only in the US :cry: )....BUT, I found an etsy seller that posts them here! http://www.etsy.com/listing/101881699/c ... nting-wine. It'd be expensive at an engravers, we had thankyou written on pens and they charge almost $1 per character (we went to like 10 and they were all similar price).

MP, yay!!! 500g is still a big thing, especially with AF round the corner! I have no doubt you'll reach your goal for this month.

Bronzestar, I agree with hbm, at least you know you can get back there. I think everyone puts on weight after the wedding, it's been 3kgs for me! I think the hardest thing is getting the hubby to change his ways too as it makes it so much easier when you're both eating healthy.

AFM, I've given up with weight loss. No kicking my butt though, I have an excuse :P In the past week and a half I've managed 120kms! Considering I've been struggling to walk more then a couple hundred metres I'm beyond proud so that's why I've given up on weight loss. I no longer care about losing weight, I care about getting my health back. I care about being a stubborn *** and proving I can do it! For me, I've always struggled when I'm trying to lose weight, my motivation just wanes. So I've found my motivation now, I want to be able to manage Kokoda, baby steps though, I want to be able to manage to do the groceries without having to stop every second aisle to catch my breath, I want to be able to do my 20kms without my lungs feeling on fire after just 1km. I know it will take a lot of perseverance and a lot of pushing myself but I need to beat this. Of course I'm still going to be eating healthy but my focus has just changed.

sachick90

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 am

So goes everyone else going?

Dark Phoenix - that's a big achievement in itself. Well done

As for me I am happy finally under 65 currently sitting at 64.5 only 1.5 kilos to go and I will be at my goal weight. I am feeling my fitness improve which is great

Middy58

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:36 am

Hi everyone!
Went to the GP for my knee yesterday. 4 min and $60 later I have a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. (I hate it when they do that. We both knew that all he was going to give me was a referral, so why not save me $60 and just post it out) I'm excited for the surgery though, as it's still 15 months until my wedding, I'm hoping it heals and strengthens in time for me to start exercising properly and tone up. It's frustrating having all the motivation in the world, but I can't do much with it.

As for weight loss, i caved yesterday and had a picninc 8O but am proud of myself for stopping at one. Getting braces on Tuesday for the wedding. Apparently you eat soup for a week so I'm sure that will keep me away from the chocolate!

Miss Anne I couldn't see a link attached for those exercises, but if you could re post it that would be awesome :D

Keep it up bronzestar. At least you caught it now before it got too out of hand. Darkphoenix that is amazing! You should be so proud of yourself!
Good work sachick! Can't wait till I'm under 65. Only 10 kgs too go :oops:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

Middy58 wrote:
Hi everyone!
Went to the GP for my knee yesterday. 4 min and $60 later I have a referral to an orthopedic surgeon. (I hate it when they do that. We both knew that all he was going to give me was a referral, so why not save me $60 and just post it out) I'm excited for the surgery though, as it's still 15 months until my wedding, I'm hoping it heals and strengthens in time for me to start exercising properly and tone up. It's frustrating having all the motivation in the world, but I can't do much with it.

As for weight loss, i caved yesterday and had a picninc 8O but am proud of myself for stopping at one. Getting braces on Tuesday for the wedding. Apparently you eat soup for a week so I'm sure that will keep me away from the chocolate!

Miss Anne I couldn't see a link attached for those exercises, but if you could re post it that would be awesome :D

Keep it up bronzestar. At least you caught it now before it got too out of hand. Darkphoenix that is amazing! You should be so proud of yourself!
Good work sachick! Can't wait till I'm under 65. Only 10 kgs too go :oops:

Grrr I hate when they do that!! I had an appointment to get some injections before going overseas and they doctor was like "you know you can just book in with the nurse to get those?" and took me to a different area to have the injections. I thought she was doing me a favour so I would avoid the fee but guess what, was still charged the same consultation fee grrrrr

Hope this works - http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweig ... e-030612/#
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41