A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: August Weight Loss Thread

Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 am

Gee Whiz i annoy myself!

Im not even hungry but the 4 bubble and squeak patties sitting on the bench sitting there cooling down for FH's lunch tomorrow just screamed "Eat me" when i went into the kitchen to cut up some oranges and strawberries for lunch tomorrow for us. So which do you think i ate.....give you a clue...it wasn't the healthy stuff. So in short i ate 3 (after i already had 2 for tea!). Just after i lost the kilo i gained from last weekend.

Middy58

Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Wow thanks for that link Miss Anne. I really don't have any excuses now. Summer Beach Body HERE WE COME!!!

@Monsoon Princess I lost 11kgs previously, and the only one who noticed was my step-mum :-/ But in the end you can go clothes shopping and not walk out frustrated and in tears, so that is a win for me.

@Adrienne, Every single day I eat something I shouldn't! I just really try to minimize the amount. e.g I am a chocolate monster, so every day I have a furry friend (those little cadbury chocolates that used to come wrapped in foil) only around 70 cal, but enough to cure my cravings for 24hrs. Just remember that it is the total change in shape over time that counts.

Looking forward to weigh in on wednesday :) I feel lighter, so fingers crossed that is represented on the scales. FH gets comes home from work on wednesday for a week and I always struggle when he is home, so a good weight loss will help keep me motivated. :bdance:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Middy58 wrote:
Wow thanks for that link Miss Anne. I really don't have any excuses now. Summer Beach Body HERE WE COME!!!

@Monsoon Princess I lost 11kgs previously, and the only one who noticed was my step-mum :-/ But in the end you can go clothes shopping and not walk out frustrated and in tears, so that is a win for me.

@Adrienne, Every single day I eat something I shouldn't! I just really try to minimize the amount. e.g I am a chocolate monster, so every day I have a furry friend (those little cadbury chocolates that used to come wrapped in foil) only around 70 cal, but enough to cure my cravings for 24hrs. Just remember that it is the total change in shape over time that counts.

Looking forward to weigh in on wednesday :) I feel lighter, so fingers crossed that is represented on the scales. FH gets comes home from work on wednesday for a week and I always struggle when he is home, so a good weight loss will help keep me motivated. :bdance:

No worries Middy glad you liked it!

I am a bit all over the place at the moment. For a while there I was really watching my cals and doing A LOT of exercise but now that people are starting to comment that I've lost weight I can feel myself slacking off a bit. Grr!!! Doesn't make any sense!

On the upside, I was asking one of the trainers about any group training they run at the gym (its a 24/7 gym so no classes) and he said they had a trainee that was looking to train someone once a week for experience and asked if I would be interested. I have no idea what to expect but why not?! It's tonight so I'll let you know how I go. I am really nervous for some reason LOL, I have never really had one-on-one training :oops:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:59 am

Ooooooo Hollie does that mean it's your birthday today?! Happy Birthday hun!!!!! Sorry if this is the wrong thread but hope you have a fab day :) :e_bday:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:34 am

ok I am only just starting now at the end of August but maybe i can get my head in the right space ready for September :D

I used to use myfitnesspal calorie counter and it did work (when i used it) because you dont want to eat something bad and then write it down, i am going to start it again and hope i can do good:)

My major issue is exercise, it's cold and I am a sook and don't want to go out in the cold :(

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 am

stormageddon wrote:
ok I am only just starting now at the end of August but maybe i can get my head in the right space ready for September :D

I used to use myfitnesspal calorie counter and it did work (when i used it) because you dont want to eat something bad and then write it down, i am going to start it again and hope i can do good:)

My major issue is exercise, it's cold and I am a sook and don't want to go out in the cold :(

Good idea, it doesn't matter when you start :)

I am loving myfitnesspal at the moment, there are a few other ladies from this thread on there also which is a great motivation. There is a thread with the usernames if you wanted to add anyone (sorry, don't know how to link to the thread!).

Exercise is hard with this weather, have you tried group classes or maybe some DVDs you can do at home?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm

uh oh, so a few of you have already accepted my request on MFP, I guess this means I am accountable for my actions now 8O

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Haha yeah watch out! LOL joking :lol:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Thanks Girls I will try my best :) I type this as i sip a cup of tomato soup ;)

HaPpY bIrThDaY Hollie :e_bday:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:52 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:

OMG completely forgot to mention that I wore yet another of my 'old skinny' dresses today! I wanted to wear a frock because it's my birthday, so I put this on today hoping and praying I could get it done up without having too much flabbiness, and what do you know, it worked! I was so overjoyed! I went out and showed DP, and he was only slightly impressed. He said "You're doing well, almost there." So I got a little disappointed and asked where it wasn't so nice, and he responded with "The whole back section that's open." Then I asked him if that was all, and he said yes. When I told him that that was part of the dress' design, he was grinning from ear to ear and jumped up to give me cuddles and said that I looked fantastic!

congrats on the dress thats so fantastic to reach a mini goal :D
OMG men can be so silly lol

Middy58

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:37 am

A big happy birthday to you monsoon princess for yesterday! Hope u got spoilt and the weight loss fairy sprinkles some fairy dust on you :D
Weighed in today! 72.5kgs :D thats 2.5kgs in 2 weeks.

*happy dance*

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
miss_anne wrote:
Ooooooo Hollie does that mean it's your birthday today?! Happy Birthday hun!!!!! Sorry if this is the wrong thread but hope you have a fab day :) :e_bday:

It is my birthday honey, thank you!! 28 today, officially late 20s, kinda scary!

Stormageddon, yup, you gotta watch out now :wink: haha just kidding honey! I am in serious love with MFP. And like Chelle said, there's never a bad time to start!
On that note, I've just put in my lunch count for today. Steamed vegetarian dumplings, just selected the generic one. I had around 8 of them, and apparently they're only 200 cals for 8!? WTF!? I thought it would have been so much more.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds for me food wise, but I know we're having chicken of some kind tonight as that's what DP pulled out of the freezer this morning :lol:
Time to go write assignments now though :(

xx

Woohoo Happy Birthday!! I know, how scary is it... slowly approaching 30 eek!! Hope you had a great day :heart:

Yum love dumplings... I guess when you think about it, there's not much in them so as long as they aren't fried they are pretty healthy.

I had a great session at the gym Monday night, the trainer had me using free weights (which I am always too scared to use!) and doing interval training. Felt great yesterday but eeek I am feeling it today! Was great though, lets see how I go doing it on my own.

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Middy58 wrote:
A big happy birthday to you monsoon princess for yesterday! Hope u got spoilt and the weight loss fairy sprinkles some fairy dust on you :D

*happy dance*

Well done middy! How did you do it if you dont mind me asking....ive been hovering at 88kg for 3 weeks now and its doing my head in!

Hope you had a great day monsoon princess!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Middy58 wrote:

*happy dance*

CONGRATS :D thats half of my total goal loss lol hopefully i can have as much success as you...

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:32 pm

random question.... should i weight myself in the morning or night? and every day or once a week?
i always do it naked :lol:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

stormageddon wrote:
random question.... should i weight myself in the morning or night? and every day or once a week?
i always do it naked :lol:

First thing in the morning after you go to the toilet is best I think! But... as long as you are consistent with what you do ie. same time of day, clothed/naked you will be able to monitor your weight loss effectively.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

ok I should probably weigh myself tomorrow so i know what I am and how much i have to go, wish me luck :|

also is beef jerky healthy? i heard its a low fat and high protein snack but i think its full of salts? I get snacky sometimes and Im not sure what is the best to eat when I am intolerant to gluten, dairy, apples and oranges and i am allergic to almonds

bronzestar
I survived and got married

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:31 pm

stormageddon wrote:
also is beef jerky healthy? i heard its a low fat and high protein snack but i think its full of salts? I get snacky sometimes and Im not sure what is the best to eat when I am intolerant to gluten, dairy, apples and oranges and i am allergic to almonds

I think beef jerky is quite high in salt, they use the salt to dry it out. Too much salt means you retain water and your weight goes up :| Can I suggest one of those small tins of shredded chicken or tuna, or a boiled egg for a high protein snack? Or maybe some rice thins or celery with peanut butter?

I have to laugh, I finally gave in an weighed myself last week, the week before that time of the month. So this week when I get on the scales they have gone down by 1.5kg's without me doing anything differently :lol: I know that I'm just getting rid of that fluid that my silly body decides to retain etc but it's kinda nice to see that movement anyway.

darkphoenix

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:29 pm

I know its late but happy birthday Hollie!

Beef jerky is pretty bad, my brother loves it so I get it as a birthday treat for him and I looked at the ingredients, salt is before the meat!! I'm lactose intolerant too, I found Woolworths sells liddels yoghurt which is dairy free and yummy too. Otherwise I snack on vege sticks with hummus or home made muesli bars.

I'm dying to get back home (except for being without DH for a week) as I really want to take my measurements! My jeans are a bit lose so I'm hopeful. I've been walking from the hotel to induction this week, its 5kms return trip and been coping ok with that so I'm pretty happy. Very very slowly getting there.

Just curious, have any of you girls heard of the paleo diet? It sounds fairly logical to me but was just wondering if anyone had experience with it?

Middy58

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:25 am

Adrienne I have tried a gazzilliom diets and I find the best one that works for me is to simply stick to 1200cals a day. I find that different diets work for different people. My sister has lost 20kg on low gi, whilst my step mum has lost10kg simply by cutting out sugar. I know that there is no way in hell I would be able to cut out sugar, so I don't even try as it would lead to guilt and frustration and ultimately failure. When I hit a plateau as it seems you have done I just increase my cal intake to 1500 for a week (that's maintenance cals for me) it seems to shock my body out of its rut when I go back down again. Try incorporating a new exercise, weight set etc.

Thanks stormaggedon. I'm sure you will. Just remember the closer you are to your goal the harder it is to shift so just keep at it.

Never heard of the paleo diet darkphoenix. What does it involve?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11