A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

samdpt

Re: Breast Reduction

Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 pm

You can get them done much cheaper in Bangkok.
I know the words breast reduction and bangkok and terrifying for some people!
BUT the most surgeons leave in the US or Aust. And to be honest from my research you can get some dodge surgeons in aust who have done some horrific work!

i wouldnt suggest the surgery holidays but put some research into surgeons over there and then you just need to go over with a friend and book a cheapish hotel room and relax.

remember that these surgeons do gender reassignment for a lot of the "lady boys" and that is not something easy or that people want stuffed up.
Just a thought :)

Good luck!

heartstringz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:32 pm

I just wanted to pop in and say best of luck - sending you positive wishes! I know what it's like to have a large bust, I'm also an F cup and have had chronic neck pain for many many years because I wore the wrong size bra for so long.

With mine, I sometimes feel like they are out of proportion with the rest of my body as I'm a size 10 & it makes me a little uncomfortable sometimes.

I too am really scared about pregnancy and how much larger they will get, how I will breast feed & how I will deal with the size and find maternity bras to fit. I have thought about a reduction but I know I am not ready to go down that track at this stage, but may consider it in the future after I've had kids.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:40 pm

If you're interested in checking out some other doctors, consider David Morgan. David did a co-workers breast enhancement and she said he was really great, lovely bedside manner and a fantastic surgeon. I work at one of the hospitals he operates in (in Brighton) and honestly, I've never heard a patient complain about him.

There is also Keith Mutimer who has a lot of experience.

Never hurts to get more than one opinion, I think, because then you can be sure you're getting the best. And when it comes to plastics and reconstruction, you really, really want the best.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:49 am

I had a breast reduction when I was 15 (about a week before my birthday). I can say, without a doubt, it was the best thing that I have done.

I was about a 10G (but I was probably a 8H but they didn't make them). I had had large breasts ever since I got into puberty. I was a 10DD by the time I was 12. I did a lot of dancing (3 days a week) and it was excruciatingly painful, my back was stuffed and I had to get a bra custom made.

I got a referral from my GP and had it done at Cabrini Hospital in Malven with Simon Laurie. He was FANTASTIC. Professional, reassuring and great bedside manner. It took me about 6 weeks to get back to full 100%. I had a cut around the nipple and down. I didn't cut undeneath in the breast and the nipple was not cut off. I have regained 100% sensitivity in one nipple and about 95% in the other.

Nearly 8-9 years on and scarring is virtually unnoticable. I went to a 10D and now with getting a bit older and weight gain, I am a 10DD again.

My advice to you is to see a couple of plastic surgeons and find one you are comfortable with. THe first one I saw only reccomended breast liposuction, but this was a bit of a joke as it would have only taken me down a cup size (as my boobs were all boobs and not fat).

Another friend of mine from dancing had her done (she was about a 8FF) and my cousin, and a friend from work. I can say with total honesty that it was the best thing we have all done (had long conversations about it!).

Good luck and if you need some more info feel free to ask :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:17 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
Just an update for anyone interested: I'm heading to the doctor on Tuesday once I've made my decision on who I am going to go with. My doctor was very supportive and asked no questions, which I was very worried about!

Feeling exceptionally nervous and anxious now that the ball is really rolling.

Congratulations! How exciting for you, all the best with your appointments xx
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3