A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

phillipaelise

Re: September Weight Loss Thread

Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm sticking to 1200 cals with MFP at the moment (and ignoring the cals I gain from exercise) and finding it pretty easy - I've discovered WW brownie bars (88 cals) and they're so perfect for my 3pm sugar craving.

My excitement for today - I totally just faced my fear of quinoa!! It's been in my pantry staring at me and my health nut friend at work has been at me to give it a go and... I did! Tonight I cooked it with water + chicken stock cube, chicken and vegies and oh man it was so good. FH better be prepared to love quinoa when he's back!

Aaand now I'm nibbling birthday chocolate - just balances itself out right?! haha oh well.

I'm going to the gym and feeling really motivated at the moment but I'm finding that morning gym is just making my appetite go crazy! I try and eat breakfast as close to when I leave for work as possible (around 8am) but I'm thinking that I'm going to have to invest in a blender and take a smoothie to fill my epic morning void.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:04 pm

oohlalisha wrote:
I figure I can jump right in here :)

I have lost 25kg over the last year and would like to lose another 10-15 before our wedding in February next year. I have done 2 rounds of Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation and am on my fitness pal (alisha17m if anyone wants to follow) I'm aiming to eat 1500cal per day and exercise 5 times per week - I enjoy running & the spin & pump classes at the gym. Hoping to be confident enough for swimming this summer!

Welcome & congrats on losing all that weight so far - what a fantastic achievement. Would love to hear how you've managed to lose it & keep it off.

I'm also having a good week foodwise - loving MFP, it really makes me think about what I'm eating. I think planning is half the battle and I've had to chop and change a couple of things around to keep under 1200 cals. Just back from a really good workout at the gym, burnt about 530 cals so am feeling pretty pumped. Not planning on using these calories tonight though - FH came home today with a big slab of Darryl Lea Rocky Road so I've promised myself some on Saturday night if I keep under my calories until then. Am feeling pretty positive I can do it, the way I see it, you've gotta have a little treat to look forward to otherwise whats the point.

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:35 pm

My Fitness Pal has been the main part of my weight loss - basically teaching me that I was eating way to much and moving too little. I always read labels now, though my serving sizes have crept up and I haven't been exercising so much this winter. I also have a Polar heart rate monitor to keep track of my calories burned.

I moved in with FH 2 months ago and since then I have put on 4kg but lost 1kg last week. We started going out when I was close to my biggest (115kg) and I hovered between 110-115 for a couple of years before blowing out to 120kg last year. One day I just got sick of it and I'm down to 96kg at the moment which is the smallest I have been in my adult life. I ran my first 5k in April this year and I am aiming to run 10k before the end of the year. Training will be much easier now the days are getting longer.

My main body issue is my arms. I have major tuckshop arms. It's also the part of my body I hate working the most - give me squats and lunges over pushups and tricep dips any day!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:46 pm

oohlalisha wrote:
My Fitness Pal has been the main part of my weight loss - basically teaching me that I was eating way to much and moving too little. I always read labels now, though my serving sizes have crept up and I haven't been exercising so much this winter. I also have a Polar heart rate monitor to keep track of my calories burned.

I moved in with FH 2 months ago and since then I have put on 4kg but lost 1kg last week. We started going out when I was close to my biggest (115kg) and I hovered between 110-115 for a couple of years before blowing out to 120kg last year. One day I just got sick of it and I'm down to 96kg at the moment which is the smallest I have been in my adult life. I ran my first 5k in April this year and I am aiming to run 10k before the end of the year. Training will be much easier now the days are getting longer.

My main body issue is my arms. I have major tuckshop arms. It's also the part of my body I hate working the most - give me squats and lunges over pushups and tricep dips any day!

Well done on the run, thats fantastic. I was similar to you in that when I first started exercising, I never thought I'd be able to run the length of a football pitch, let alone run a few kms. I've since run a 14km fun run, a half marathon plus I completed the Urbanathalon (fun run / obstacle course) earlier this year. I can also relate to putting on weight when you move in with someone - I stacked on the kilos when FH and I moved in together. He's a 6ft 2 tradie and I was eating the same size portions as him so it didn't take long for me to fatten up.

Re. working out your arms, have you thought about using a rowing machine? I use it all the time in our gym and find it gives you a really good workout.

amyk33

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 pm

Wow today was interesting, I went for a 20 min run this morning before work, then i did the 40 min walk to my gym because the weather was lovely and warmed up for 30 mins on the treadmill did a spin class and and the ab circut class they do at my gym. Burned more than 800 cal in 3 hours so was reasonably happy with my efforts.
BUT I ATE SO MUCH TODAY

breakfast was a protien shake and 2 rice cakes (5am as thats when i start work)
snack (9:30am) was a 6 inch subway turkey/multigrain/veg/light dressing and an apple
lunch (2pm) was 200gm grilled chicken and a tub of low fat yougurt
dinner (7pm) was a chicken sandwich in helgas thins and a europe sesame bar

somewhere in there i also had a treat size dairy milk chocolate bar (2 squares)

I am eating more than ever with this amount of exercise, maybe i should cut back on the exercise so i eat less, but i came in well under cals (400ish to spare) but i had to work a lot harder for it. But i fugure the exercise it better for me long term. Has anyone else found that their appetite has increased a lot when exercising because i feel like if i could control my eating combined with high exercise then i would lose a fair bit more weight?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:38 am

Wow this thread is out of control this month - I can't keep up! :wink:

Sounds like lots of people are having great results, so that is great all round :)

AFM I have had the dreaded TTOM so feeling miserable and can't be bothered exercising because I am in pain and a bad mood to boot. The only plus side is that I don't have much of an appetite so I am still generally under my cals.

Sorry to hear you're still unwell Hollie :( The loss may be from being unwell but just go with it I say, hopefully it doesn't creep back on next week.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:46 am

I weighed myself this morning and i put on 700gms :( I have been so careful and started riding to work ?? :(

I did mess up last friday night but surely that shouldn't have done it?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:37 am

How are you feeling today Hollie? :heart:

amyk33

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Just wondering if anyone has tried the slim organic pasta? apparently its made of konjac instead of wheat and is really low cal (like 11 cal a serve). What does it taste like? any ideas/recipies would be awsome as i just bought a few packs from woolies in taylors lakes but i am a tad aprehensive ... like i am with most new foods :P

http://slimpasta.com.au/ this is where i first found it and when i called for stockists the said my safeway would have it

any reviews? if not wish me luck am going to try a soy sesame stir fry with this pasta in it :)

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:29 am

amyk33 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has tried the slim organic pasta? )

tastes more like a rice noodle, will be perfect for stirfry if you have to have pasta ;) alternatively swap and pasta or rice meals with Quinoa its really good for you

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 pm

amyk33 wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has tried the slim organic pasta? apparently its made of konjac instead of wheat and is really low cal (like 11 cal a serve). What does it taste like? any ideas/recipies would be awsome as i just bought a few packs from woolies in taylors lakes but i am a tad aprehensive ... like i am with most new foods :P

http://slimpasta.com.au/ this is where i first found it and when i called for stockists the said my safeway would have it

any reviews? if not wish me luck am going to try a soy sesame stir fry with this pasta in it :)

I have had slim pasta! Fh and I really enjoyed it! It doesn't taste like real pasta - but its still nice! It is a great carb free option!

amyk33

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:29 pm

I am a bit on the fence about it - i didnt like the smell it had, kind of fishy (but it was less after rinsing it a bit) and i didnt mind the actual taste of it but i wasnt a fan of how it felt in my mouth almost rubbery in texture. I had the fettuccine but i also have the angel hair pasta still to try. Maybe in soup it will soak up a bit more liquid and taste less rubbery. I would definitely prefer real pasta but at 9cals a serve, You cant really complain

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 am

amyk33 wrote:
I am a bit on the fence about it - i didnt like the smell it had, kind of fishy (but it was less after rinsing it a bit) and i didnt mind the actual taste of it but i wasnt a fan of how it felt in my mouth almost rubbery in texture. I had the fettuccine but i also have the angel hair pasta still to try. Maybe in soup it will soak up a bit more liquid and taste less rubbery. I would definitely prefer real pasta but at 9cals a serve, You cant really complain

Wow, I didn't realise it would be so low in cals, will have to look out for it. Is it in the normal pasta section or should I look in the health food section? I have been using wholemeal pasta lately and I really like it (now that I've figured out how to cook it properly!), it is nowhere near as low in cals but it is so filling I only need about a quarter of a cup added to pasta sauce.

I could not be bothered doing anything last night but talked myself into taking the dog for a walk and said to myself that I would just go for twenty minutes and see how I go. Well what do you know I ended up doing my usual loop and even though I was walking really slowly I was gone for over an hour. So glad I made that step to just get out the door and see how I went. And I think because I wasn't focusing on my time or cals I actually really enjoyed it too :)

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:01 am

hi Miss Michelle,

Its in the health food section in safeway but i found it in the pasta section in IGA, its a white packet.

i had my weekly weigh in today and i don't know how i did it! last friday i was 72.6, Wednesday i was 73.3 and today i am 71.1 :D :bdance:

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 am

stormageddon wrote:
hi Miss Michelle,

Its in the health food section in safeway but i found it in the pasta section in IGA, its a white packet.

i had my weekly weigh in today and i don't know how i did it! last friday i was 72.6, Wednesday i was 73.3 and today i am 71.1 :D :bdance:

Thanks, I will keep an eye out!

Woohoooo!!! WOW, amazing! Congrats :heart:

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:47 am

stormageddon wrote:
hi Miss Michelle,

Wohoo congrats! That is huge! So close to 70!!!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:49 pm

^^^ Well Done Hol, the dress looks great :) and maybe you can just cut the belt smaller?

hmmm maybe i need a goal outfit? i will go through my cupboards tonight weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Woohoo, great work Hollie! :heart:

mrsWtobe
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 pm

WOW! How inspirational! You are working so hard and its clearly paying off! Well done! I need to learn to be as good as you!!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:59 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
Thanks girls!
Yeah I've thought about cutting it, but I think I might have to just buy a new one because it's so worn at the end hole.
At the same time, I want to keep it in tact though to show people "This is where I was when I bought it, and this is where I got to 8 months later!" haha

Good idea, buy yourself a new one as a reward and keep the old one to remind you how far you've come!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24