A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Middy58

Re: September Weight Loss Thread

Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:14 pm

mrsWtobe wrote:
Yay Adrienne - that is fab! How good does it feel to enter into the next kilo! yay

I don't have too much to report. I am back down to my ticker weight after a few yo yo weeks so feeling good.

I have my final fitting on Friday so working out like a maniac and watching each calorie like a hawk.

But, something just dawned on me this morning.

We...us females...should give ourselves more credit and stop being so harsh on ourselves! I think it is so easy to get upset over a small loss and become disheartened..but the most important part is that we are all actively choosing to live a healthy and active life - surely we should be happy about that!

I don't know where this all came from...but I guess I am 6 kilos kilos down from where I was 1.5 years ago and 4.5 kilos down from when I joined WC...and yet sometimes I feel bigger than ever. I realised then that I have come a long way and 6 kilos is a big deal and I should be ecstatic and not always focusing on the negative!

Anyway, enough of that - just wanted to share my thoughts with you today - and to say to everyone - congrats on living a healthy and active life!!!!! :heart:

That is a fantastic point! I am 8 kgs lighter than this time last year and no one can take that from me!

That point came in handy when I stepped on the scales this morning. I haven't loss a thing this week. Still 72.0kg :cry: I have a confession to make. Last few times I have lost weight is has been the unhealthy way :oops: very low calorie restrictions. And while I did see results, I was cranky, tired easily and didn't look healthy. I also noticed massive weight jumps when I ate anything substantial. While this journey may be doubt the length, at least I know my body is healthy and happy. I have to remind myself that I started my wedding day weight loss a year out to allow for occasions like this. So it's ok!

Oh ans I went dress shopping yesterday and found "the one" soooo excited! It is a corset lace up, and whilst it holds my boobs in, it also pushes up a lot of back fat. I don't need much more motivation than that!

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:11 pm

Middy58 wrote:
Oh ans I went dress shopping yesterday and found "the one" soooo excited! It is a corset lace up, and whilst it holds my boobs in, it also pushes up a lot of back fat. I don't need much more motivation than that!

Bwahahahahaha! I love your style and know EXACTLY what you are saying! You will look stunning no matter what! They were my criteria as well lol. Congrats on the find! (I am getting lace/tule straps put on my dress with a wide bottom and skinner shoulder bit if that makes sense - to hide the back fat lol)

Thanks MrsWtobe & Girls. You are right better to do it right and be happy with ourselves than be perfect. Honestly - who likes perfect anyways! I'd rather be fat and happy than perfect and snobby! lol. Hence my excitment over measly 100grams lol! :bdance:

Keep it going girls!

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Feeling pretty down about myself today and how much I haven't done. I have 8.5 weeks to the wedding. .. I'm not overweight.. just not quite where I wanted to be.

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 pm

Digitalista wrote:
Feeling pretty down about myself today and how much I haven't done. I have 8.5 weeks to the wedding. .. I'm not overweight.. just not quite where I wanted to be.

I totally understand this.. it's a sucky feeling. It's okay hun, 8.5 weeks is actually quite a lot of time, so you can still reach your goals :)
I said I would be good again starting today but I've already broken that badly.. macarons, chocolate, chips..
We should motivate each other.. my goal is go for a 1/2 hour walk/jog at lunch time every day for the next 2 weeks

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:08 pm

My goal is to get to the gym every day for the remainder of the week. I did go today but I had this kebab skewers today which was full of oil. I had two favourites. The cafeteria lady at work thought she was being nice by putting (free) chips in with the kebab skewers. If they are there..I will eat them....

I will report back here everyday.

Middy58

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:26 am

adrienne wrote:
Middy58 wrote:

Bwahahahahaha! I love your style and know EXACTLY what you are saying! You will look stunning no matter what! They were my criteria as well lol. Congrats on the find! (I am getting lace/tule straps put on my dress with a wide bottom and skinner shoulder bit if that makes sense - to hide the back fat lol)

Thanks MrsWtobe & Girls. You are right better to do it right and be happy with ourselves than be perfect. Honestly - who likes perfect anyways! I'd rather be fat and happy than perfect and snobby! lol. Hence my excitment over measly 100grams lol! :bdance:

Keep it going girls!

Oohh I can totally imagine that! I had a nightmare last night that I walked down the aisle and as they seen me everyone went "awwww" and as I past and they seen the back, everyone went "ewwww" :D :lol:
Shows how paranoid I am about it! :lol:

Jumped on the scales today and seen I have gone down to 71.9. I know it's only 100gm, but like you it has put me in the next kilo bracket and I was oh so happy! It's also a good time of the year to lose weight with swimming season coming around!

Peony is right, digitalista, there IS a lot you can do in 8.5 weeks! So don't give up!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:28 am

Digitalista wrote:

Don't get yourself down, you still have enough time to make a difference if you start working on it now, especially if it is only a small amount you want to lose.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:37 am

going for a date night tonight and also just got TTM so i am not expecting a loss this week :(

amyk33

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:34 pm

It is my 21st birthday today and because i had to work my FH bought me a beautiful box of happy birthday cupcakes from the cupcake bakery so today's diet is out the window. The peanut butter smash one was the best thing i have eaten IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! It was very sweet of him but having 2 cupcakes this morning and i still feel unwell now from eating them. Cup of herbal tea to the rescue!!

So i had a bad day today and I dont feel like going to the gym to rectify it, I feel like curling up in bed with a nice book :)

But I'm now not looking forward to the scales, I smell a carb and i put on weight :P

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:53 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
Hi ladies,

Sorry for my extreme absenteeism, I'm in the pressure cooker end of semester.

Quick ditty from me today. Wednesday weigh in this morning. Lost the 500g that I gained last week, so that's good. Was hoping for more although I knew I wouldn't as my back has been pretty darned sore these last few weeks (being sick plus pressure cooker of uni = stiff and sore).

Am coming in and reading everyone's updates, and I am so proud of us all for being here and updating and staying in touch.
I might be a little more relaxed next week but I doubt it - we're in week 9 right now, meaning there are just three weeks left of semester! I do have a project that goes until week 16 but that's manageable!

Keep up the fantastic work, I'll be back soon hopefully!

Good luck for exams MP! Just don't snack while studying and you'll be right :wink:

peony
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 pm

stormageddon wrote:
going for a date night tonight and also just got TTM so i am not expecting a loss this week :(

At least you got a date night out of it. Next week will be better!! :)

amyk33 wrote:
It is my 21st birthday today and because i had to work my FH bought me a beautiful box of happy birthday cupcakes from the cupcake bakery so today's diet is out the window. The peanut butter smash one was the best thing i have eaten IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! It was very sweet of him but having 2 cupcakes this morning and i still feel unwell now from eating them. Cup of herbal tea to the rescue!!

So i had a bad day today and I dont feel like going to the gym to rectify it, I feel like curling up in bed with a nice book :)

But I'm now not looking forward to the scales, I smell a carb and i put on weight :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY amyk33!! It's your 21st, you are allowed a free pass.. especially for delicious peanut butter cupcakes! Noone wants to be exercising or be eating healthy on their birthday, lol

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:08 am

Things are going well at my end but I am nervous to post anything in case its my stupid scales having a flip again. Will see after weigh-in next week ;)

How much more motivating is the warm weather?! I love driving home and seeing people walking their dogs, jogging etc, it makes me want to get out there too.

Hope everyone else is having a good week. :heart:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:59 am

I put on weight this week :(

i totally suck! this morning was 72.4! WTF thats quite a bit different from 70.7!

I need to get back on the wagon fast! :( :(

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 am

*Grumble*

I can never make the healthy choices when I work away - I've put on 2 kg this week! I won't have time to eat this weekend let alone exercise. Back to gym on Monday for sure.

I think I've got it in my head that I shouldn't try and lose too much weight in the next 5 months cos my dress will be too big, and my consciousness is interpreting it at "EAT ALL THE THINGS ESPECIALLY THE CHOCOLATE THINGS"

I can still lose a good 10 kg and still fit in the dress. My bust is about as small as it's going to get and there's plenty that can move from my tummy, butt, thighs and arms without having any effect on the fit of the dress!

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:34 pm

My mind plays games with me too. In my head it's like 'well, I exercised today, so it won't hurt to have a little chocolate' and bam, there goes a block. So.. no chocolate hidden away for me from now on:/
Going to do my beginning weigh in tomorrow morning before breakfast, so I can see properly how I'm going. While my goal is 20kg, I'm going to try and lose 2kg a month. As long as my MIL (Who I'm still living with) stops pouting over me eating less.
My new snack food is Cruskits and Philadelphia, which I got into on my teaching rounds. There's crunch and flavour so I feel like I'm eating naughty food, haha.
I also got some Low GI High Fibre bread, as I really don't like wholegrain, (I'm a baby) and I'm going to see how that goes- if I need a chocolate fix, I'll try nutella on bread or something.
And I'm back on MFP officially!

Anndddd tomorrow I'm off to the gym first thing.
I feel like I'm setting myself up for success this time. I'm considering trying on some wedding dresses to get an idea of how I look now, and what I want to look like, but I also don't want to depress myself :/

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 pm

I am quite nervous for my weigh in Friday after gaining weight last week eeek

can you ladies suggest any healthy snacks for me fpr 4pm? I always get peckish at this time lol I am gluten, dairy, apple, orange and almond free.

also is is bad to eat the exact same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday? I am in a routine and I'm not bored so does it matter?

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 pm

stormageddon wrote:
I am quite nervous for my weigh in Friday after gaining weight last week eeek

can you ladies suggest any healthy snacks for me fpr 4pm? I always get peckish at this time lol I am gluten, dairy, apple, orange and almond free.

also is is bad to eat the exact same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday? I am in a routine and I'm not bored so does it matter?

I eat "healtheries rice wheel snacks" they are about 70 calories - they are in the health food section and they come in kids size snack packs, or "cool pak air poped popcorn" (i think they are in the chip aisle near the chip snack packs. (i dont know if they have gluten in them sorry). I also have a packet of sunrice flavoured rice snacks in a container.

I also eat lots of carrots now, i just peel and chop them into sticks and take them to work. I drive long hours with my job so its nothing for me to demolish a container of carrots within 30 mins trying really hard not to eat them all in 1 go. Only about 50 calories for 2 large carrots. Takes 2 mins to peel and cut up in the morning or the night before.

Try eating sugerfree chewy too if you are hungry but dont actually want to eat anything. I keep lots of packets in the car. they are good for keeping you awake and they stop you having hungry grumbles til you get home for tea.

As for the same meals - routine is good, means you are less likely to be bad. I am eating those Belvita breakfast biscuits lately, great for when you're running late or driving.
Last edited by adrienne on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adrienne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:44 pm

Keep positive girls - it will happen!

Well girls my revised goal of 85kg is looking possible! (unbelieveably!) Currently 86.5kg!!! So doing the happy dance right now! :bdance: About 3 weeks to go til the day, but in saying that i cannot afford to loose any more weight as my dress was too big and had to be taken in - AND ITS A LACE UP! I probably could of crash dieted but i cant be bothered and im doing it naturally so i am happier with that. So overall, my original goal by the 20th Sept (last week) was to be 80kg then stay steady for the month leading up. I didnt quite make it, but i revised my goal about 6 weeks ago to 85kg and was only 1.5kg off and that was being pretty slack and not doing bootcamp for the past 4 weeks (not my decision they just cancelled all classes til october!).

So to date:
Heaviest approx 109kg March 2011
July/August 2011 - 106kg (started bootcamp)
Got Engaged Oct 2011 - approx 99kg
Ordered dress March 2012 - 94kg
Picked up dress Sept 2012 - 86.5kg
Total to date: 22.5kg in 18 months

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:53 pm

adrienne wrote:

Well girls my revised goal of 85kg is looking possible! (unbelieveably!) Currently 86.5kg!!! So doing the happy dance right now! :bdance: About 3 weeks to go til the day, but in saying that i cannot afford to loose any more weight as my dress was too big and had to be taken in - AND ITS A LACE UP! I probably could of crash dieted but i cant be bothered and im doing it naturally so i am happier with that. So overall, my original goal by the 20th Sept (last week) was to be 80kg then stay steady for the month leading up. I didnt quite make it, but i revised my goal about 6 weeks ago to 85kg and was only 1.5kg off and that was being pretty slack and not doing bootcamp for the past 4 weeks (not my decision they just cancelled all classes til october!).

So to date:

Wow that is amazing :) Good work
Hows everyone else going since it is getting closer to the end of the month.

I'm still here but not doing any exercise, the most I can do is leg raisers and arm exercises, stupid broken leg. I am feeling kind of depressed though all my friends on FB are tagging themselves in at the gym and posting all these motivation pics. Yeah I am happy for them, but it kind of feels like a kick in the face as I always used to go to the gym and now I cant :(

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:10 pm

adrienne wrote:

So to date:

congrats Adrienne, that is such an amazing effort you should be really proud
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3