A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Re: September Weight Loss Thread

Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:17 pm

I weighed myself and only lost half a kg (500gms) it may be because I am carrying extra body weight - fluid retention, its nearly that time of the month?

phillipaelise

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:48 am

I had a pretty shocking weekend - but it was my birthday so I don't really care so much! I weigh on Wednesdays and as long as I haven't put on weight I won't mind.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I actually just ate my omelette and it really didn't do anything for me this morning - so I think I might dig out my box of Weetbix and see how I go. This week for lunch I'm having a tuna wrap which is something I've never tried before so hopefully is yum! FH was up at 2am this morning to leave for work (he is working 5hrs away all week) and I couldn't get back to sleep for hours after we said goodbye so I piked on the gym :cry: ... I think I'll just go after work today.

It's TTOTM atm so I'm pretty sure I'm going to struggle to stick to it this week, though I really feel like it's even more important as we're having our house warming party this Saturday and I'll be drinking all my calories this weekend! I had a big D&M with my sister on the weekend cos we were both feeling crap about ourselves and really want to shed some weight by Christmas. She really motivates me - I just hate that she lives 2hrs away! Oh well.

So this week will be mostly weetbix with fruit for breaky, tuna salad wrap for lunch and I'm going to make a big bowl of salad tonight and munch through it during the week with different meat every night. As much as I miss FH when he works away, it's so much easier for me to eat well for myself!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:13 am

Woah this thread is already well underway!

Great post Hollie, lots of good tips there. I love quinoa too, I find it really easy to substitute into dishes instead of rice and it is soooo filling! My favourite at the moment is chow mein using pork mince. Super yummy and so easy to make.

I had a good weekend, I am going to have to be really careful over the weekends now as we just had our last hockey game on the weekend so I'm going to have to find something else to burn those cals!

TTOM and feeling blerg, so that is all... haha

alycebride

Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:40 am

Thanks for the tip on the sugar free chocolate monsoon! I'm going pretty well at the moment, I'm super motivated and the weather is brightening up here in dreary old Canberra, the sun is shining so I can go walking yay! I've prepared all my meals for the week so theres no reason to cheat (fingers crossed). As far as my chocolate addiction is going I've decided to have one of the treat sized dairy milks a day if I need it, it's only about 70calories so it won't break the diet and because it's already portion sized for me there's no reason to go back for more! I hope everyone else is feeling motivated too :) 12 days until my hens night so I'm super keen to wear my cocktail dress I've been saving!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Middy58 wrote:
I am 72.6kg at the moment and want to get under 70 by the end of September.

OMG we weigh exactly the same (to the gram!) and have the same goal for September!!! that's just weird hehe

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:01 pm

My cravings are killing me - I crave all the wrong foods :( I crave chocolate, lollies, biscuit, sausage rolls... it never ends.

I started with Weetbix and a protein shake for breakfast - I think this is going to be a pretty standard breakfast.

Gym time tonight with FH - really need to get back into running. My shin splints make it hard but I've gotta start somewhere otherwise I'll never get back into it.

I'll have a look at this fitness pal thing - I don't want to calorie count I just want to eat healthy - because I never stick to diets.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 pm

WOW Hol that took my entire lunch break to read that novel ;) *jokes*

Quinoa is fantastic and so good for you, i have started using it instead of rice too :) its pretty much the same to cook as rice and you can tell its done once its 'pops' , i can find it a little bland though so i generally add some diced capsicum, garlic and zucchini to it :)

be careful of the sugarfree chocolate and lollies, if you eat too much you will be running to the loo :oops:

i rode my bike to work today yay, i hope i start doing it more often, i will get fit and save petrol money :D

all i need now is a running partner, mine is unavailable for the next few months :(

amyk33

Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:40 pm

stormageddon wrote:
Middy58 wrote:
I am 72.6kg at the moment and want to get under 70 by the end of September.

OMG we weigh exactly the same (to the gram!) and have the same goal for September!!! that's just weird hehe

woah crazy (on page 2 of this thread - 2 days ago) I posted my weight and i was 72.6kg ... popular weight :P

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:22 pm

stormageddon wrote:
WOW Hol that took my entire lunch break to read that novel ;) *jokes*

Quinoa is fantastic and so good for you, i have started using it instead of rice too its pretty much the same to cook as rice and you can tell its done once its 'pops' , i can find it a little bland though so i generally add some diced capsicum, garlic and zucchini to it

be careful of the sugarfree chocolate and lollies, if you eat too much you will be running to the loo :oops:

i rode my bike to work today yay, i hope i start doing it more often, i will get fit and save petrol money

all i need now is a running partner, mine is unavailable for the next few months :(

LOL - I actually read it in two parts ;) Lots of good info there though, especially for any newbies!

Yes, sugar free lollies and I do not go well together... terrible stomach cramps if I have more than one!

That's great you can ride to work, how far is it? I am sure I could ride to my work (it's only a five minute drive) but to be honest riding in the city in morning traffic really freaks me out! Would be nice though as the weather warms up.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Miss Michelle wrote:
That's great you can ride to work, how far is it? I am sure I could ride to my work (it's only a five minute drive) but to be honest riding in the city in morning traffic really freaks me out! Would be nice though as the weather warms up.

i live in brunswick east and work in collingwood, takes me 20-45 minutes to drive depending on traffic and 20-25 minutes to ride :)

yes the city traffic can be a bit scary but it's also kinda fun :D

Michelle if you are 5 minutes drive you could walk/run if riding is too scary?

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:11 pm

do you do 1200 cals regardless of exercise? because i rode to work and home today MFP is telling me i still have 552 cals for the day but I am not going to eat anything else after dinner (i already inc dinner on MFP)

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:33 pm

stormageddon wrote:
do you do 1200 cals regardless of exercise? because i rode to work and home today MFP is telling me i still have 552 cals for the day but I am not going to eat anything else after dinner (i already inc dinner on MFP)

I think the idea is if you work out and burn calories, you can eat eatra.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:06 am

MonsoonPrincess wrote:

i live in brunswick east and work in collingwood, takes me 20-45 minutes to drive depending on traffic and 20-25 minutes to ride :)

yes the city traffic can be a bit scary but it's also kinda fun :D

Michelle if you are 5 minutes drive you could walk/run if riding is too scary?

Tan, how perfect is it that Su-Ling is on your side of town then!? haha

Chelle, where in G-town are you hon? Any good walking tracks you could take? More to the point, is there a shower at your office?

haha, yeah I was on a roll and just kept on going.

Today I upped my cals to 1450 as per MFP's recommendation based on my current height and weight. I'll do this for a week and a bit more exercise and see how I go. Will go back to 1200 next Monday though. Only thing with doing this is that it puts all your previous counts out. For example, yesterday I had about 28 cals to spare, but now it's telling me I have over 200. Silly thing.
Today has been shocking for food though :([/quote]

I haven't actually tried walking yet - on my maps app on my phone it estimates 45 minutes which is totally do-able, especially now the weather is getting nicer. I start at 8am so would need to get up an organised early! Also no, there is no shower at work but I guess as long as its not too warm a quick once over freshen-up in the bathroom would be enough?!
I live in Hamlyn Heights and work in the CBD so the roads are all pretty good and there are pedestrian crossings at all the lights.
Good luck with upping your cals, will be interesting to see how you go.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:13 am

Is it ok if i don't eat extra even though i exercised? I was 500 under yesterday because of my bike ride and it will be similiar today... should i force myself to eat some rice with dinner to add some cals?

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:02 am

stormageddon wrote:
Is it ok if i don't eat extra even though i exercised? I was 500 under yesterday because of my bike ride and it will be similiar today... should i force myself to eat some rice with dinner to add some cals?

What is your calorie goal? You have to make sure you are still eating enough but your weight loss may be greater if you don't eat the burned cals.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:54 pm

I wasnt hungry that's why i ask, i am aiming for 1200 cals a day :D

I think i am doing ok so far but my weekly weigh in on Friday will tell me more!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:10 pm

stormageddon wrote:
I wasnt hungry that's why i ask, i am aiming for 1200 cals a day :D

I think i am doing ok so far but my weekly weigh in on Friday will tell me more!

I say go without then if you can. As long as you are eating enough to keep your metabolism and your energy levels are up I don't see any reason to eat more than you feel like.

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:34 pm

I figure I can jump right in here :)

I have lost 25kg over the last year and would like to lose another 10-15 before our wedding in February next year. I have done 2 rounds of Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation and am on my fitness pal (alisha17m if anyone wants to follow) I'm aiming to eat 1500cal per day and exercise 5 times per week - I enjoy running & the spin & pump classes at the gym. Hoping to be confident enough for swimming this summer!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 pm

oohlalisha wrote:

I have lost 25kg over the last year and would like to lose another 10-15 before our wedding in February next year. I have done 2 rounds of Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation and am on my fitness pal (alisha17m if anyone wants to follow) I'm aiming to eat 1500cal per day and exercise 5 times per week - I enjoy running & the spin & pump classes at the gym. Hoping to be confident enough for swimming this summer!

Welcome to the thread! Congratulations on your weight loss so far, wow, that is great!

I have recently started running (well it's more like a jog/walk) and love it! I have always loved going for long walks but an really enjoying mixing in some jogging :)

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:53 pm

oohlalisha wrote:

wow thats fantastic you have lost so much weight and are well on your way to your goal :) I hope I can be even half as strict and motivated as you
GZIP: On | Load: 0.33