A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Help! Cholesterol:/

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi all

I've just spoken to the doctor and he's told me that I have 'skyrocketing' cholesterol. He said I have double the amount of 'bad' cholesterol levels that I should. I have to crack down on my diet for 6 weeks to sort myself out, or else I'm on medication forever. Which I don't want.. remembering the pill is hard enough.
So, please help!

What can I eat? What should I eat? What must I avoid?
I'm freaking out a little a bit :/

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Re: Help! Cholesterol:/

Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:54 pm

I would have thought your doctor should have given you some hints. No idea sorry, not something I have to deal with. My gut says no fast or fatty foods though. I would probably google low-cholestral diet and get some tips from there.

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:24 pm

you could see a nutritionist or dietitian to give you a ,meal plan or you could try lite n easy? they deliver to your door so you don't have the temptation of buying bad food at the supermarket?

I have done lite n easy a few times and s=after a few months i do get bored but it did work

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm living with my in laws at the moment, so food is a contentious issue. I shall google away, I was just hoping someone might haev had real life experience!

bronzestar
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:19 am

If your doctor didn't tell you what foods to avoid or give you a referral to a dietician or nutritionist I would be going back and asking. That's absurd.

I'm editing this post because it probably wasn't helpful to the original poster and a bit harsh. I still think that a return trip to the doctor for more information and/or a referral to a dietician is what I, personally, would do. But in the meantime I found an article from Prevention magazine online that outlines 10 basic steps to reducing cholesterol, which may be helpful.
Last edited by bronzestar on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jane1082

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:13 pm

Diet and also exercise is a massive thing with cholesterol. There are a lot of people who can control it with these two things. Unless of course medication s essential. I agree your doctor should have given you al the information that you need, aye another trip back to fully discus it is necessary.

Good luck with it all.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14