A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: January Weight Loss Thread

Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:56 pm

I actually lost a kilo over the Christmas period.. so I'm back on with a vengence! If it can happen over Christmas, imagine what I can do when there's no turkey or mums cooking!
Watch out January :D :D :D

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 pm

This time last year I was 109kg. I will be starting 2013 at about 98kg. I wouldn't mind losing 5kg before the wedding (just under 8 weeks away) but I'm not counting on it seeing I have gained 4kg over the last 6 months! Back to My Fitness Pal from tomorrow, watching portion sizes, calorie intake and re-starting the couch to 5k running program. I have run a few 5ks this year, but I am starting from scratch to boost my speed.

BrookeEmily

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Deleted
Last edited by BrookeEmily on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wak2013

Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 pm

I'm in! I've got 5kg I want to loose before my September wedding.

I joined our local council gym a couple of days ago and I have plans on doing 2 aqua aerobics and 1 yoga session each week.

Ive also signed up for Michelle Bridges 12wbt so Im hoping that will help too. I'm not really too fussed if I don't loose too much weight, I just need to get more toned and have more energu....its gonna be a busy year!

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:13 am

It's on like Donkey Kong.

I've been flapping around the last couple of months of 2012, and I've lost 6kg, but there's more I'd still like to lose. I've got 8 months to do it in :)

Let's get it done! This was me mid-2009, at one of my best points. I want to get back here again :)

sachick90
I survived and got married

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:18 am

I'm in too, I really am trying to get down to 60kg, problem is I fluctuate alot, talking like 2kg sometimes.

Basically, drinking more water rather than soft drink, not snacking and using myfitnesspal

wickie08
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:20 am

Hi ladies!!

Hope you don't mind me invading your thread! :) I've lost about 6 kg in the last 3 months but I'm wanting to lose another 7kg (preferably more) before our wedding (July this year)

Potatoes are my biggest vice!!! I love them! I'm committing to only having them once a week & eating more green veggies. I've signed myself up for a 5km run around Albert park in feb & it's my aim to do the whole 5km non stop. Back into the gym as of tomorrow & I'm hopefully gonna start pole dancing classes on sat to improve my upper body strength & tone my chicken wings!

Bringing it on in 2013!!!

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:59 am

So far I'm off to a great start. Official starting weight is 98kg. Completed week 1 Day 1 of c25k and went 800m further in the same time as I did it in last year :D

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:22 pm

I'm in too for Jan!! I've stacked on 3 kilos over Chrissy which I've gotta get rid of. I know what to do & how to do it, just gotta get my *** into gear.

All up, I'd like to lose 6 kilos before my wedding in April, which is very do-able IMO. FH has also committed to no alcohol and healthy eating for the month of January so if we are both living healthily, it will make all the difference.

Have re-logged back into MFP and now I have an I phone (I think I am the last person on the planet to have gotten one), I've just downloaded the app so can update my diary more often.

Good luck ladies & here's to a skinny start to 2013!!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Whoever said its on like donkey kong I echo that!

I've got a about 20kg's to lose. I'm 84kg and I want up be low 60's.

No more soft drink, hot chips, chocolate milk, chocolate and limit my carb intake.

Wombatta

Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:47 pm

I'm in as well, I have no idea how it happened so quickly but I realised i have piled on 4 kilos since our wedding, feeling very motivated to get it off!!!!

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 pm

I'm a total binger- once I decide I can't have something, it's all I want til I cave and eat like.. a bucket load.

So far so good, last night I didn't drink too much, didn't wake with a hangover, ate a proper breakfast and lunch. and a few malteasers!
Chicken stirfry tonight.
I had had plans for maccas for lunch, assuming that I would be hungover as Hell. I kind of was sad i didn't have it, haha!

BrookeEmily

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, my start to loosing weight has just sucked.

My fiancé woke up and we went to Coles, he straight away grabbed chips and asked if we can go to maccas after.

I started crying, in the middle of coles and I told him, i dont think he realises we are potentially loosing money on a dress because it does not fit and I don't want to be unhappy with our wedding photos!!

He came in hugged me and told me I was just voluptuous and proceeded to slap my butt :lol: how can you loose weight when you know your fiancé loves you just how you are :cry:

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:32 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
KG'sGirl wrote:
Whoever said its on like donkey kong I echo that!

I've got a about 20kg's to lose. I'm 84kg and I want up be low 60's.

No more soft drink, hot chips, chocolate milk, chocolate and limit my carb intake.

Be careful if you are eliminating it all entirely!
I've found in previous weight loss journeys that eliminating it entirely means I binge on it when I lapse. I still eat pizza and ice cream when I want them, but in moderation.
I'm not saying that this will happen to you (binge) but quite a lot of people I know have had the same experience as me and it's so much harder to give it up again.

I'm guilty of binging as well. I'm not going to eliminate them but I'm going to limit them to treats not a regular thing.

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Have now exercised 2 days in a row. FH and I went for a walk around the lake before dinner. I was really good at work and didn't touch the biscuit jar or the fund raiser chocolates!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:28 pm

Nonirose, the WII Fit is excellent for weight loss. I got one for my birthday 3 years ago as I didn't have time to go to the gym with work & study. I lost about 7 kilos by doing 45 mins of exercise 4 mornings per week. It was really easy to do as you just jump out of bed in the morning & not even have to bother brushing your hair (or get dressed properly for that matter, I often hula hooped in the living room in my sports bra & undies!!)

It's fun, varied and easy to track your weight.

Keep us posted on your progress :)

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 pm

Several months ago I installed Zombies, Run! on my phone but as I hadn't been going out for walks or anything, haven't actually used it. FH and I went for a walk again today and I decided to use it! It's kind of fun; it tells a story as you go and you pick up supplies along the way that help the town. You can also choose whether or not to have zombie chasing - randomly during our walk it would tell us that there were zombies approaching and to run run run! I don't really know what happens if the zombies catch you - it happened to us once because we didn't really hear it, but it didn't

It uses GPS to determine your speed and distance, and actually maps it out on a map on your profile... It's kind of creepy because it was really accurate with our path, usually I find things using GPS are only an estimate and may or may not be correct. This had everything!

Our favourite path at the moment is about 4.2km; I think if we cross another road to another section of park and paths we could probably push it to 5km. Maybe once it's less painful I'll consider it, I am in a world of pain :roll:

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:17 pm

I'd love to try Zombies, but I don't have an iPhone :/ I can't find it for Android :(
But I am heading out tomorrow to buy a distance calculator thingy which is like a pedometer, but also calculates calories and whatnot.
But then considering a Polar watch. Desicions!

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 am

Post wedding/honeymoon weight gain of 3kg. I'm back up to 67 and a whole lot more flabby around the tummy. I need to get back into it but motivation is 0

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Having a pretty healthy week so far this week. FH and I went on a 5km walk around our neighbourhood on Tuesday afternoon and I'm just back from a great workout at the gym. I was back to work on Wednesday (joys of working in finance & having year-end to process) so set my alarm at 5.45 the past 2 mornings to go for a workout before work but alas, I ended up putting the alarm on snooze and didn't quite make it. Neverthess, I'll try again in the morning & see how I go!

Have also been good with eating. Had BBQ salmon with salad for dinner last night & cooked homemade burgers with Asisn salad tonight, it was very yummy indeed. Even though I had Thai for lunch today, I'm pretty confident I'll lose at least a kilo by the end of the week. It helps that FH is on a health kick too.

I'm super determined to be good this month, especially as I got an email from bridalgown.net to say my gown has been shipped, I'm so excited I could burst!!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.26