A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Lanta Bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: January Weight Loss Thread

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:30 pm

I have less than 8 months to lose weight for the wedding, but I am also trying to get healthier for when we start IVF soon too.
We have just moved the Wii Fit into the carpeted lounge which has a much better layout too, so my sister (who lives with me, cos my FH works away so much) are going to start using this every few days and will alternate by boxing on the other days. We also walk about 4 nights a week with my dog. The last 2 nights we have been running too which is a huge effort for me! I can feel it in my legs today! Will try the C25K app soon, but neither of us have an armband for our phones yet, so just sort of making it up!

Hope you girls can keep me motivated as I would love to lose 5kg. Ideally I should probably lose 15kg, but PCOS does make it a little harder to lose. So my goal at the moment is the 5kg first.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:35 pm

I have 16kgs to lose, and I want to do it before I start looking at wedding dresses in June. I'm afraid i'll try on dresses and just look short and fat. Which I currently am. I don't weigh a lot, but on someone who's 5"2 I feel like I'm as wide as I am tall.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:03 pm

I had to buy a new scales recently too Lawwa for the same reason. Some days, there could be as much as a 2 kilo difference, depending on where on the bathroom floor the scales was lying. Very frustrating especially when you're trying to lose weight! I bought a whiz bang scales through a Living Social deal for $20, it was an absolute bargain and is much more accurate than the last piece of crap I had.

On another point, is it just me who weighs themselves every single day? I know I shouldn't but I just can't help it....

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm

I don't. I'm aiming for once a week. Any more often and you can't see any changes. But I've also taken some measurements and photos and will be looking for changes that way.

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm awful; I check the scales too often AND I get back from a 50 min walk, I'm all hot and sweaty but instead of aiming for the shower, it's "oh I must check WC for new posts!" :roll:

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Well done MP, you must be very proud of yourself. Work it girlfriend!

Had my first weekly weigh in this morning & am very pleased to say I've lost 1.7 KGs since New Years Day. Am very happy with my results as I've been very good with logging EVERYTHING on MFP.

How is everyone else doing?

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Today was a writeoff! I'll try again tomorrow.

Turns out I'm an emotional eater, which I notice every now and then.. so.. once we recognise it, how do we change it?? I don't seem to notice I'm being emotional until after I finish eating

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:22 pm

Mostly being sad or angry. I do eat when I'm bored, but it's not the same kind of response :/

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:58 pm

I'm a bored eater so I try to limit having too many easy to eat foods in the house. If it's not there immediately, I can't eat it.

Unless it's berries, gosh darn I've got a bowl of berries for work, and I do nothing but sit here and wish I could eat it.

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Lawwa wrote:
Can you identify what sets you off on your emotional eating? I was an emotional eater for a long time and eventually realised that my biggest trigger was boredom.

Mine is being alone, which I guess could be classified as boredom even though I have heaps of things I could be doing. I am at home by myself a lot and find this is when I eat things I shouldn't or too much of things.

sachick90
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Miss Michelle wrote:
Lawwa wrote:
Can you identify what sets you off on your emotional eating? I was an emotional eater for a long time and eventually realised that my biggest trigger was boredom.

Mine is being alone, which I guess could be classified as boredom even though I have heaps of things I could be doing. I am at home by myself a lot and find this is when I eat things I shouldn't or too much of things.

I'm the same. Is not good.

As for progress, I am happy, everything i wore last year at this time is loose on me now. Also scales are weighing in at 60.9 so having a good month so far

oohlalisha
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 am

Gained 200g this week, but I'm ok cos I tried on a Review dressing myer yesterday in size 14 and it looked so pretty I'm going to buy it for my hens day (all I know is its Saturday 9 February and I have to wear a pretty dress!) Also I have never been size 14 ever so this is big for me! (I'm still size 18 on the bottom half though. Stupid pear shape!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:56 pm

MonsoonPrincess wrote:
Clair, I'm an emotional eater too. Not so much anymore but I really noticed it yesterday when I had an extremely difficult call at work which also triggered a response to a personal situation out of the workplace. My first instinct was to eat a massive bowl of ice cream to calm myself down. Obviously I couldn't but the urge was there.
Instead of eating, can you put your trainers on, grab your iPod or phone or portable music device and go for a walk/jog/run/sweat it out? I find that the anger/frustration I feel makes me want to sweat it out.

I also find that if I'm p*ssed off over something, I do a pretty good workout. Working up a sweat helps me vent & releasing those endorphins sometimes makes me feel better about the situation too.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Seen this amusing article & I thought some of the ladies in this thread would get a laugh from reading :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -fear.html

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 am

Lawwa wrote:
That's funny (but another typical 'and your point is?' article from the Mail).

I have decided to change weigh in to a Friday as it's my least hectic morning. Wish me luck!

Haha yeah how do they come up with the idea to write an article about that?!

Friday is a good idea, I think it would help keep you accountable over the weekend :)

Illikaeri
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:38 pm

I think I have FH convinced that going for a walk is a good thing! He's come with me every day so far and has told me that every evening he is home next week he'd like to work. Yay for him!

I'm not in quite as much pain anymore as I was when I first started, which is awesome. I put on a pair of pants that I wear around the house today and FH told me they are baggy at my butt :roll: But I also have a pair of shorts that were a bit too tight and now they are much more comfortable!

I've celebrated by buying two pairs of sporty clothes... I've always been so self-conscious but they're so comfortable and they make walking feel better, I feel fabulous! :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

Illikaeri wrote:
I think I have FH convinced that going for a walk is a good thing! He's come with me every day so far and has told me that every evening he is home next week he'd like to work. Yay for him!

I'm not in quite as much pain anymore as I was when I first started, which is awesome. I put on a pair of pants that I wear around the house today and FH told me they are baggy at my butt :roll: But I also have a pair of shorts that were a bit too tight and now they are much more comfortable!

I've celebrated by buying two pairs of sporty clothes... I've always been so self-conscious but they're so comfortable and they make walking feel better, I feel fabulous! :)

That's great, I love walking and its always nice to have someone to go with.
Yay for the sporty clothes too, if you're going to exercise you may as well look fab ;)

LuluRose

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 am

Hi everyone, I'm brand new here. Can I join this thread?

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:56 am

Hi All - haven't been online for a couple of days as I've been travelling for work but had my weigh in on Monday morning & lost another 600g :bdance:
Am very happy with my progress so far this month but know I need to step it up a notch or 2 as my dress should be here early next week - AARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Lawwa, like you hast week, I had an absolute shocker of a day yesterday, still have to finish logging all the trash I ate to MFP but I reckon I ate at least 2000 calories. I had a really crap day, was tired & got a bloody cold sore so I figured I deserved to eat a Snickers & Chips for dinner :oops:

Illikaeri, I'm a firm believer in looking good when working out - LOL, you deserve some new clothes & you're right, it does make you feel better when you look the part.

MP - how did you go with your weigh in today - sending lots of positive vibes your way.

LuluRose - welcome & good luck :)

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

LuluRose wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm brand new here. Can I join this thread?

Of course :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.23