A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Re: May Weight Loss Thread

Tue May 07, 2013 11:47 am

anjelik wrote:
stormageddon wrote:
i am soooo tired, I know I am not going to want to go to the gym after work, someone please tell me how bad i am and that i should go!

Not bad, because I already don't want to go after uni -- we can make a deal though, I'll go if you go!
And think about how great we're going to feel afterwards!

how did you go?

I did 4km on the treadmill.

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 07, 2013 7:31 pm

You're a machine!
My weights routine and squats. Wasn't too enthused, have to be honest!
But I am committing to a lot of training after uni finishes in three weeks!

Miss Michelle
I need a title
I need a title

Wed May 08, 2013 10:07 am

Tan and anjelik, I love that you motivated each other! So much harder to miss a workout when you know someone is checking up on you :D

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Wed May 15, 2013 1:27 pm

I officially joined the gym last night and i have an apt tonight for one of the staff to set a routine for me and teach me to use the machines :)

I am enjoying running though, I would actually like to get better at it

and i am exercising again and eating better but i still havent weighed myself, i guess the gym will do that tonight, i am not looking fwd to see how much weight i put on! also i am pretty sure the gym wont let me be naked for the weigh in :oops:

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Well done!

For myself, Genesis is (finally)doing a 12 week challenge starting mid June. My SIL has achieved amazing things in the Fernwood one, so I'm really ready to start this one. FH is volunteering all funds (which is pretty cool as we both still pay for everything bar the house/savings separately), and I really can't wait. I think given this challenge, and SIL doing the same thing, MIL will back down on feeding me all the time so I will be able to achieve something without her thinking me a cow.
It also means SIL and I can work to our own timetables, so that MIL doesn't tantrum about messing up her dinner times, haha.

It also starts when I finish uni and won't be working full time, so I will have plenty of time to hit the gym and prepare food.

So excited :bdance:

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 19, 2013 11:06 am

Well done Storm & Anjelik for getting each other to the gym. I find its really great to work out with someone for that exact reason, there is more accountability and consequences if you're having a lazy night.

I've been pretty well disciplined with my workout regime - FH is overseas at the moment so I've been trying to occupy my evenings with trips to the gym. I've been 3 times this week and am about to go for a run shortly.
If only it was all good though...some friends came over for dinner on Friday night & brought a scrummy carrot cake for dessert. Well, there was half the cake left the following morning...and I ate every last morsel for lunch yesterday. I felt like such a fat pig....but it was too yummy to leave :roll:

How has everyone been doing this week?

anjelik
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 19, 2013 6:49 pm

To be fair.. Carrots are a vegetable and thus carrot cake is healthy. Is that any comfort?? =p

Digitalista
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Take your carrot cake, note it as a set back then move on. Carrots are a vegetable, cakes also have other healthy things like eggs in them too. :D

I ran 3.8k tonight in 30 minutes. Not the fastest but hey thats ok.

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 19, 2013 8:49 pm

Thanks girls! Love your spin on my overindulgence.
Don't feel so bad now!

Just back from a workout, ran 5kms on the treadmill and spent 20 mins on the bike.
Then I came home & had a really relaxing bath with lots of bubbles, candles & chill-out music.
Aaaaah, bliss 8)

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue May 21, 2013 10:20 am

i went to the gym last night and learnt to use the weights machines, i will go again tonight.

my problem is my weekends, i indulge the entire weekend!

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 21, 2013 7:49 pm

I have been training for 4 weeks - weight training - and I have lost nothing. I'm exactly the same weight I was when I started. :?

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 21, 2013 7:56 pm

KG'sGirl wrote:
I have been training for 4 weeks - weight training - and I have lost nothing. I'm exactly the same weight I was when I started. :?

That is probably because you have been losing fat and putting on muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat. Have you done any measurements? You should be finding that you will notice a difference in your clothes?

Don't give up weight training - building muscle helps boost your resting metabolism, which keeps you burning energy faster even when you are not excercising.

I've been a bit slack lately - had some rather big events and then I was on school camp Now I'm sick. So not being as good, as I don't have as much energy to cook. But I only put on about 1.5kg so this should be easy-ish to get off when I'm back to 100%.

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 pm

I am feeling a difference in my clothes, not dramatically but it is there. I should have taken measurements when I started but I didn't. I am also looking at getting a DEXA scan and body composition assessment done as well.

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Start measurements now - its never too late! Try not to get too disheartened, losing weight and getting fit takes time. I've always wanted to get a body comp done - it sounds both simultaneously fun and scary.

This is the story of my life!

hbm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 21, 2013 11:11 pm

LOVE IT - That's how I feel daily :e_wall: :e_wall: :e_wall:

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Fri May 24, 2013 10:06 am

I think i am actually putting on weight :( but I am getting fitter and stronger, did an hour and a half pole class last night, ii have proof hehe

miss_alice
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 24, 2013 5:10 pm

You're probably putting on muscle! Its not bad to put on muscle - the only down side is that it weighs more than fat!

You look amazing in my opinion and obviously fit! I would not be able to do that if you paid me a million bucks. Pole dancing is HARD! You look great!

LuluRose

Tue May 28, 2013 12:36 pm

I haven't updated in this thread for the whole of May! If you look at my ticker you'll see that I have hit the 5kg mark with weight loss. I've been going to weight watchers and to the gym but have hit a bit of a plateau. I keep hovering around 67kg, but have been super busy at work and started to stress eat. I'm trying to reign it in now so that I don't undo all my hard work. I found out that I eat the most when I am tired. I just keep thinking that I'm hungry.
I'm at work right now and am starving because I’m overtired, I didn't organise my food properly and haven't packed enough to eat, and because I'm hungry I can't concentrate!!!
About 4 weeks ago my partner and I decided that we are going to get married this year, so we booked in at the registry office to get married on the 10 August. I'm really excited. We're going to have a budget (but fun!!!) reception in our backyard. I really want to make a S&T to show you guys but just haven't had the time.
Hopefully work will calm down this week and I can get back to weight loss and wedding planning!

stormageddon
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥
♥ Mrs Weirdy ♥

Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm

i still seem to be gaining weight, not just muscle i can tell the difference :(
i have stopped using MFP because logging my food hasnt made a difference.
pretty demotivated right now but also just dont care. maybe june will be better?

KG'sGirl
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 28, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm considering taking my Implanon out - the more research I do on it the more I've found about girls who have put large amounts of weight on and then found it very difficult to lose the weight. Whilst I'm not blaming the implanon for my excessive weight gain (about 25 kg in 12 months) I don't think it is doing me any favours at the moment.

I've lost about 700grams this month which is pathetic considering I've been at the gym 3-4 nights a week doing a 90min weight session plus cardio.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21